Border Crossings During Govt Shutdown

• Ripjiggen

fishthumper wrote:
    Just another way that the Government has to control us. Their control of citizens grows stronger and Stronger each year. But Hey, lets just worry about hunting and fishing issue’s jester

Should we start another thread where we can all complain about the same things you guys do in every other thread for the last 3 or 4 years ?

Plenty of non fishing/hunting sites to do so just sayin.. whistling

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I didn’t know what border we were talking about, but I was gonna add that I think the southern border will be open during the shutdown. coffee

big_g
    Isle, MN

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Gitchi Gummi

I didn’t know what border we were talking about, but I was gonna add that I think the southern border will be open during the shutdown. coffee

Dontcha know we built a wall and Mexico paid for it?!

Timmy

Closed public land due to thw feds not being able to function smoothly? Thats laughable at best. Go hunting and enjoy yourself!

wkw

We go through the shut-down every couple years. Easy to spend other peoples money when it ain’t yours. Send them all home and let’s start over. They’ve proven they can’t do it.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Closed public land due to thw feds not being able to function smoothly? Thats laughable at best. Go hunting and enjoy yourself!

have at it, plenty other land to hunt. I for one won’t be finding out what the consequences are for getting caught !!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

jester Try stopping me from accessing fed public land!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

We see it on the state level where the government can’t get their work done on time. It’s a disgrace on all levels. It’s not like somebody called them a week ago and assigned them the job.

Yet another mark against those who allegedly serve the citizens.

B-man

jester Try stopping me from accessing fed public land!

Takes me back a few years toast

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200522_1844512-scaled.jpg

LabDaddy1

Lol. I love it, b-man!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Lol b Mann they did that to every park around. It was nice at the parks. If there were other parents, I new I’d get along with them

big_g
    Isle, MN

Dontcha know, who is paying for not having a wall now !! People are so short sighted.. that or blind to what is going on. I hope they move to the liberal neighborhoods.. ask NY how its working for them ? tongue

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It sounds like federal public land including National Parks may be able to stay open at least for a while if there is a shutdown due to specific line of funding under the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act.

Last week, Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., sent a letter to Interior Secretary Deb Haaland asking the department to use the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act to keep national parks and public lands open during a shut down. Funds from the law were used in 2018 to keep most parks open.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

No, Border Patrol is deemed essential and they continue working (without pay) during a shutdown.

There isn’t any single agency that is considered non-essential. There are just some employees working in them that are considered non-essential. Even the Pentagon has non-essential employees that work for the Dept of Defense.

Some of my work is essential and some of it is non-essential.

Tell me you work for the Govt without telling me Gim! waytogo jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

B-Man that is an absolute Classic!!! I, too, had a renegade 3 year old endangering all of society then rotflol jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Tell me you work for the Govt without telling me Gim!

Its really just a stupid self-inflicted problem that we end up in to be honest. We lurch up to Oct 1 every year and Congress cannot pass a budget. So they give us 30 or 60 day CRs instead or we shut down for an undetermined amount of time. It makes no sense to send people home and then pay them later for not working. Its literally like a retroactively paid vacation. They don’t let you seek other work, you can’t use any PTO, and if you try to collect unemployment you have to pay it back later. Complete clown show over in Washington I tell you. I’ve been through about 8 of these varying in length from 1 to 35 days long since 2009.

They should have started working on a budget back in May. Not last week when they came back from their 6 week “August recess.”

B-man

Lol. I love it, b-man!

Here’s an even better one lol

It was prompted by Dad, they had no idea what it meant at the time mrgreen

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230929-110238.png

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

No wake bouys are there to prevent erosion and damage to lake shore. I can’t for the life of me see how you can relate that to a sign or gate in public forest if it was blocked or closed for no other reason than a government shutdown.

The point was, I was told that even though the no Wake bouy’s had been removed that the intent of them was still in place and the no wake should be Observed. I don’t see any difference than if there are closed Signs posted at Govt. land or not. If they make a statement that they are closed then it really should not matter if it is posted or not. I think you missed my point.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It was prompted by Dad, they had no idea what it meant at the time

Love it. That is GREAT. Those kids and you are the BEST !!!!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

It was prompted by Dad, they had no idea what it meant at the time

Love it. That is GREAT. Those kids and you are the BEST !!!!

X2 – Thanks for the laugh! grin

-J.

big_g
    Isle, MN

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

robby
    Quad Cities

i would also caution for anyone hunting that hunts government land, IF they shut down, you wont be allowed on those properties. i ran into that the last time they shut down up north chasing grouse etc. ever place that had government land with a trail had a barrier on it and or signs saying stay out!!!

Truth. I believe this includes the Upper and Lower Mississippi River Refuges.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The House passed a 45 day CR today and the Senate is expected to follow. It funds the government at current levels until Nov 17.

There is no funding it this bill for Ukraine.

LabDaddy1

B man that is hilarious applause rotflol moon peace

Viewing 26 posts - 31 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.