Big Sandy Flooding

• sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Let’s hope it’s not as severe as last time! It messed the lake up for a long time. The tullie population was wack for 5 years.

Let the melting begin.

Shannon

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

As long as we can avoid any big rain events. But, I can see how it could be similar to last spring where it stayed higher for close to a month.

dbright
    Cambridge

I have always like high water late springs up there.

knoppers
    big lake, backus

Let’s hope it’s not as severe as last time! It messed the lake up for a long time. The tullie population was wack for 5 years.

Let the melting begin.

Shannon

wasn’t that flood during the summer? I remember we got like 14 inches of rain in 1 week, not sure what year that was, maybe 2012. I had bluegills swimming in my yard on fleming lake.

dbright
    Cambridge

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sand-burr wrote:</div>

Let the melting begin.

Shannon

wasn’t that flood during the summer? I remember we got like 14 inches of rain in 1 week, not sure what year that was, maybe 2012. I had bluegills swimming in my yard on fleming lake.

The flood was in 13 and happened after 11+” of rain over memorial weekend. I talked to a buddy that said the lake is up 3-4′ currently. Which is 3′ lower then in 2013.

RC Musky
    South Metro
      My in-laws cabin is up on a hill away from the lake but they are even getting water in their basement right now. Tough going for lots of cabins…feel terrible for a lot of people.
    sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

If the wind picks up this weekend the south shores could be in danger! If you know someone with a cabin that hasn’t been up lately they might want to get up there!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.