Best or Worst Online Drunk Buy

• Hey

Best-36” TUCR precision rod.

Worst-A pile of slab raps that I have snagged one fish in 2 years.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I don’t buy anything other than more cocktails when I’m drunk.

This should qualify as the best and worst.

Deuces

Best and worst at same time

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20211204_024154561-scaled.jpg

Iowaboy1

Oh Lord, ginsu knives?? case of trojans for two bucks? and I am talking about the party pack of 144.
    And, the other night I learned about Gussy O in one of my spam mails, but she didnt have a price.

Thee absolute worst one was when I was thirteen years old about a hunnert years ago, I think they called them sea monkeys? I was at that age ( between Christopher Robin and the hundred acre woods and Debby does Dallas ) I wasnt sure if I was going to see something straight out of national geographic or a danged cartoon but I spent three dollars to see a sea show!!

ROBBED AGAIN!!

B-man

The best thing recently was a PS-22 Panoptix transducer…. I hemmed and hawed for few years then finally ordered one when I was drunk toast

The worst?

Can’t pick out anything in particular to call the worst, but I do have 6 incorrect spark plugs and a wrong fuel filter sitting on the work bench. The devil is in the details when ordering parts jester

B-man

I think the plant looks nice? Don’t know why you’re questioning it? waytogo

munchy
    NULL

What in the cousin banging tarnation hillbilly Betty crocker miss fricken Betty white carp is this?

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

That one could go either way….

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

You can’t make everyone happy, you’re not a taco.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Actually ordered a JT Custom Shiver Stick the other night. Will have to see how that turns out. Hoping for good turnout based on reviews

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

That there is a thing of beauty. Well done, sir.

mojogunter

I had someone that was I hope drunk and they posted they were looking for some crankbaits. I posted that I had a dozen or so. I told them what I wanted for them. They countered. I said sure. They said they would come and get them the next day with cash and never showed up. They posted a few other WTB items over time and I just thought yeah right. Does that count? I tried to sell to a drunk.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I had someone that was I hope drunk and they posted they were looking for some crankbaits. I posted that I had a dozen or so. I told them what I wanted for them. They countered. I said sure. They said they would come and get them the next day with cash and never showed up. They posted a few other WTB items over time and I just thought yeah right. Does that count? I tried to sell to a drunk.

Damn that hurts a little bit. I meant to stop by but had gotten busy with work, and being out of town. Then was lost down the line. I had just purchased a ice house from a guy yesterday from my wtb add. And a vexilar and many other things when I posted wtb. Sorry I never made it for the clackin raps. I know where I stand in your mind. I guess I’ll remember that.i might have been drunk and posted that but I still successfully bought a good amount of clackin raps from other guys on here. I have a solid buzz right now as well if that matters

Besides saving money from not buying from MOJO, my worst purchase was bamboo pillows off a infomercial late 1 night. Ordered 4 or 6 and it was a few 100 bucks. I hated those pillows, not even my dog would sleep on them.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Van Gogh is spinning in his grave, and simultaneously laughing at the same time! That is definitely a talking piece right there! rotflol rotflol

glenn57
    cold spring mn

jester jester good one Sharon!!!!!!!! waytogo

i have a really hard time buying stuff online sober, call me old fashioned.

however, in my formidable years, whistling i may have been snookered into a few of those TV ads of just 3 simple payments………………….

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>

Van Gogh is spinning in his grave, and simultaneously laughing at the same time! That is definitely a talking piece right there! rotflol rotflol

I really don’t want to know what he was googling to find that picture. bawling

Smellson

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mojogunter wrote:</div>

Damn that hurts a little bit. I meant to stop by but had gotten busy with work, and being out of town. Then was lost down the line. I had just purchased a ice house from a guy yesterday from my wtb add. And a vexilar and many other things when I posted wtb. Sorry I never made it for the clackin raps. I know where I stand in your mind. I guess I’ll remember that.i might have been drunk and posted that but I still successfully bought a good amount of clackin raps from other guys on here. I have a solid buzz right now as well if that matters

Besides saving money from not buying from MOJO, my worst purchase was bamboo pillows off a infomercial late 1 night. Ordered 4 or 6 and it was a few 100 bucks. I hated those pillows, not even my dog would sleep on them.

Lol. Offered to buy a rod last summer. Never could actually follow up on his word. I gave up and just bought a new one. For the amount of time he spends on here you’d think he had time.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Lol. Offered to buy a rod last summer. Never could actually follow up on his word. I gave up and just bought a new one. For the amount of time he spends on here you’d think he had time.
    [/quote]

Time is not on my side. I still have the rod in my basement lol. Appologize it’s hard to match schedules when it’s something midweek. Didn’t know you guys had such hard feelings over not making a deal. Last guy that I couldn’t meet I mailed him my crankbaits and told him it was a gift. I’ve delivered stuff I’ve sold and traveled 2 hours to meet another guy. If you ever need something and we can’t meet I leave it on my front steps and trust the person who is picking up will be honest and leave payment. Some people’s time is free and some are busier then most.

Deuces

I really don’t want to know what he was googling to find that picture

Kinda hot in these rhinos…..lol

Same night I googled what is “sus”? Getting too old to keep up with all the kids sayings. Had a spot on the kids BR hallway wall to fill, kids like it at least doah

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20211204_182415921.MP_-scaled.jpg

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Bearcat beat down weekend?? C’mon on pretty sure anyone that’s sold or tried to buy on here has similar stories, be different if you got stiffed. Never met the guy but doesn’t seem to be a shyster!

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>munchy wrote:</div>
    I really don’t want to know what he was googling to find that picture

Kinda hot in these rhinos…..lol

Same night I googled what is “sus”? Getting too old to keep up with all the kids sayings. Had a spot on the kids BR hallway wall to fill, kids like it at least doah

LOL! Googling SUS is definitely SUS. smash

BTW, I like that casing

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Back in the early days of eBay, I used to get instant messages from a friend in the UK (6 hours ahead of us, time zone wise). He’d come home from the pub on Friday nights a bit sloshed and then hit his computer to check on his eBay auctions.

eBay was something of a WonderLand for the Brits back then. They could buy anything they wanted at super-cheap USA prices, pay with a strong pound, and most of the time have it shipped over without attracting the attention of UK customs. So no tax and duty.

One night a couple of us were IM’ing and in pops Malcolm fresh from the pub and he was obviously 3 sheets to the wind. He was watching a couple of high-end fly reels and bidding like a drunken, umm, auction bidder.

Well, what could we do? I slipped into the conversation on IM, “Malcolm, what’s your eBay password so we can see what you’re bidding on?”

And he gave it to me!

So from there, we were off to the races. We logged on, found about 10 nice garden gnomes (look them up) and we put in bids on some of them and did buy it nows on several other fine examples of this oh-so-British-kitsch garden ornamentation. Which, BTW, a Scot would NEVER, EVER buy when sober.

We also loaded up his eBay browsing history with thigh-high, high-heeled leather boots, whips, chains, ladies underwear, and all other manner of naughty things.

And then we said absolutely nothing to Malcolm about it. For years. Fast forward about 3 years later, a few of us got together up at Malcolm’s place near Grantown on Spey and into casual conversation one guy said, “You’ve got a nice back garden here Malcolm, but it could use some garden gnomes.”

“You ####ing b@st@rds…”

Gawd, he turned so red and then told us the whole tale, when he looked at his eBay account the next day and saw what he thought he had been booze-bidding on, he’d almost lost his mind. He could NOT remember for the life of him bidding on those gnomes or browsing for all that other stuff and it drove him to (almost) swear off the sauce for good.

And then, he started wondering what ELSE he might have done to embarrass himself down at the pub, where he was quite smitten with the tasty Polish barmaid and a super-hot Slovak waitress who worked down there. So he had been avoiding the place for months out of an abundance of caution, being almost sure that he had said a few things to them…

Friends don’t let friends drink and eBay.

Jensen

Love it Grouse.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I would still sell you something or buy from you BC.Hell i hope your drunk, might get more from what i’m selling or buy for less.

MX1825

Great story FG! waytogo Pranks on friends are the best! whistling

mojogunter

S%*t happens. We get busy. Just never heard back figured maybe it was a drunk thing.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mojogunter wrote:</div>

deertracker

Wasn’t online but a good story…

We were drunk at turkey camp one year. We went into the bar and walked over to the gas station for cigars. I spent $20 on exlax chocolates. The next day after some cocktails we made s’mores with them for one of the guys. Ended up feeding him like 4 doses worth. The next day, He had to stop and use the bathroom multiple times in the hour drive home. whistling We didn’t tell him for for at least 6 years.
    DT

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Dt that’s some good stuff there!

Hey

Actually ordered a JT Custom Shiver Stick the other night. Will have to see how that turns out. Hoping for good turnout based on reviews

Let me know how the shiver stick turns out.

I have a JT panhandler, a couple finicky foolers in the cart, and ice cold fireball in the fridge.

Panhandler is probably a done deal later tonight

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.