Best Burger List

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The son and I ran for a burger this evening while the daughter was at gymnastics. But we stumbled upon Thursday night 1pound of wings and side of fries for 9.99 so we went that route. A good burger sounds delicious

CaptainMusky

The son and I ran for a burger this evening while the daughter was at gymnastics. But we stumbled upon Thursday night 1pound of wings and side of fries for 9.99 so we went that route. A good burger sounds delicious

That is a bargain these days. Were the wings any good though?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

That is a bargain these days. Were the wings any good though?

They were actually very good. Came from the fuse in Harris

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Late this summer we stopped at Gronk’s in Superior. Burgers there were terrific. Better than Anchor Bar in my opinion by a long shot.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Best Burger Update! Coming back with a contender! Found myself on the wrong side of the river (St Paul, if you’re not one of us), and decided to hit up DeGidios on West 7th. This was a buddies recommendation, and when a South St Paul guy recommends a place founded by gangsters 90 years ago, I listen!

DeGidios is definitely not a burger joint, it’s old school Italian in the best way. You can smell the garlic deliciousness before you hit the door. Many of you may be familiar with them from their booth at the MN State Fair. And they have a burger, just one, and little to no options on churching it up. And that is because you don’t mess with perfection. Double stack of delicious beef with a little pink in the middle slathered with their unreal tallegio cheese sauce and a bit of fancy sauce (roasted red pepper, little heat, lots of mmmm that’s good), pickles and a perfect egg bun. Usually not a huge pickle on my burger fan, but it works here. I could go on and on, but the amazing hand cut, super crunchy fries deserve a lot of love too! I want to get back for some of the Italian goodness, but will have a hard time passing up this burger!

An unorthodox spot for an amazing burger, deserves an unorthodox score. There was no Viking at this number worth association with a classic spot like this. So they get the respect a place founded by “Kid Bullets” Degidio deserves. An All-Time HOF Reggie White 9.2. Run don’t walk to this one.

P.S. West 7th might be the best food street in MN.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_7481-scaled.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

A good burger sounds delicious

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

sure does!!!

stopped at Rumors last week and had a great bacon cheese burgers with mushrooms!!! and great tater tots on the side..

tim hurley

We love Degedios but no way we could go in there and get a burger.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We love Degedios but no way we could go in there and get a burger.

Try it sometime, #2 overall on my current list. But I get it, everything else looked great too!

robby
    Quad Cities

Bright Burger at the Bright Spot is DeSoto, WI!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Werm where does a guy find your most current list?

I trust an IDOer steering me to burger joints over some stupid Yelp reviews when we’re up by the Metro area for concerts or travel

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Werm where does a guy find your most current list?

I trust an IDOer steering me to burger joints over some stupid Yelp reviews when we’re up by the Metro area for concerts or travel

Here you go:
    Red Cow 9.3 John Randle
    DeGidios 8.8 Allen Page
    Parlour 8.1 Anthony Carter
    Lions Tap 8.0 Cris Carter
    Silver Bullet 7.7 Gary Larsen
    King’s Place 7.6 Steve Hutchinson
    Nook 7.0 Jim Marshall
    Dan’s 6.5 Gary Zimmerman
    Vic’s 6.4 Randall McDaniel
    Wild Acres 5.8 Jim Langer
    House of Coates 5.8 Eddie McDaniel
    Chaska Legion 5.6 Chris Doleman
    Crooked Pint 5.5 Jack Del Rio/Scott Studwell
    Jordan Supper Club 5.3
    Burger Press 5.2 Kailee Wong
    Wildfire 5.0 Jeff Siemon
    Arby’s Wagyu Deluxe 4.7 Joey Browner
    Matty G’s AZ 4.4 Leroy Hoard

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    Silver Bullet 7.7 Gary Larsen

Is that the Silver Bullet in Genola?!

Yessir! I’d recommend the Asian Zing burger there.

ThunderLund78

I’ve had DeGidio’s recommended to me several times, but not for the burger. Can’t wait to try it!

Hit up Lion’s Tap after my kid’s hockey game in Eden Prairie on Saturday night – it’s been far too long. The place still holds up after all these years. I wonder how many burgers that flat top has churned out?

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

Is that the Silver Bullet in Genola?!

Yessir! I’d recommend the Asian Zing burger there.

That’s so awesome. One of my best buddies from back in the day owns The Bullet. He started it about 10 years ago from a basically abandoned building next to his house.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ve had DeGidio’s recommended to me several times, but not for the burger. Can’t wait to try it!

Hit up Lion’s Tap after my kid’s hockey game in Eden Prairie on Saturday night – it’s been far too long. The place still holds up after all these years. I wonder how many burgers that flat top has churned out?

I can’t even imagine, we were at Lion’s Tap Saturday for lunch, and there were probably a few hundred people eating or waiting to eat during our time there. Always good! And quick turning out burgers and tables.

ThunderLund78

I can’t even imagine, we were at Lion’s Tap Saturday for lunch, and there were probably a few hundred people eating or waiting to eat during our time there. Always good! And quick turning out burgers and tables.

We walked in about 15 minutes before they cut off seating and there were lines in both queuing areas downstairs at least 3-4 parties deep. But they moved through them very efficiently and were were seated withing 5-10 minutes. What a business model – basically 5 things on the menu (all burgers) and french fries. Paper Plates and no silverware. don’t have to pay a dishwasher – just a grill crew and some servers. Very low overhead. They must serve somewhere between 1000 – 3000 burgers per weekend.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Probably just outside my Top 5 based on Taste, but near the top based on price is
    Crooked Pint here in St. Cloud ( Waite Park officially ) On Thursday’s you can get a Juicy lucy and Fri’s for 9.99. Recently they ran a rather long promo where you could get a Juicy Lucy and Fri’s for 7.99 any day of the week. Hard to beat a 7.99 hamburger and Fri’s deal. The So called burgers at McDonalds are more than that. Nice selection of beers on tap as well.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

might have to check that one out!!!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Probably just outside my Top 5 based on Taste, but near the top based on price is
    Crooked Pint here in St. Cloud ( Waite Park officially ) On Thursday’s you can get a Juicy lucy and Fri’s for 9.99. Recently they ran a rather long promo where you could get a Juicy Lucy and Fri’s for 7.99 any day of the week. Hard to beat a 7.99 hamburger and Fri’s deal. The So called burgers at McDonalds are more than that. Nice selection of beers on tap as well.

We have one of the first Crooked Pints in Chaska, and I’m not a big fan hence the 5.5 rating on their Jucy Lucy. Nor a big fan of Jucy Lucy’s in general. But that’s still a solid burger for $10 or less. I don’t get up to St. Cloud too often anymore, besides passing through. But MT’s on 8th was my favorite burger spot when I lived up there. And for value it’s tough to beat Burger Time or Val’s imo.

tim hurley

One of the best near me WAS Byerlys in Roseville before they closed. Mostly with burgers you need quality meat and a cook who has the timing down-you want a crust on the outside and moist on the inside. Being connected to a grocery store I think ensured that stuff was always fresh, the store prides itself on quality everything so that helps too. Cooking, like a steak you think would be easy, drop it, flip it, take it off, yet a couple of minutes can mess it up. My wife loves my burgers but she hates that I will not drop what I’m doing to help her with whatever.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Best Burger Update! Coming back with a contender! Found myself on the wrong side of the river (St Paul, if you’re not one of us), and decided to hit up DeGidios on West 7th.

Welcome to civilization, Werm.

This is very likely true.

Not burgers, but IMO another gem lies just off of 7th Street in that same area. Pajarito is a super-neat family-run Mexican place. Really fresh and interesting dishes. Highly recommended.

I must have terrible luck. I’ve been to the Lions Tap at least 3 times. Burgers were poor at worst and mediocre during the best of the visits. Couldn’t believe I was in the same place everybody raves about and this was not just catching the place on an off day.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Welcome to civilization, Werm.

BigWerm wrote:

This is very likely true.

Not burgers, but IMO another gem lies just off of 7th Street in that same area. Pajarito is a super-neat family-run Mexican place. Really fresh and interesting dishes. Highly recommended.

I was an East Sider, St Paul proper, for almost 2 years, but have been on the West side for quite a while now. And most of my friends are outstate or Minneapolis centric, so I had to remind them there is not only great food on the wrong side of the river, but paved roads too! (the potholes in said roads is another discussion)

On the West 7th discussion Pajarito is very good food and a cool spot. I will definitely get back to Degidio’s for Italian, and would put Louis (upstairs at Cosetta’s) at the top of my Italian list. Cosetta’s is a staple, and their take home grocery and dessert parts are the highlight imo (don’t love their pizza). Mancini’s just a block down from Degidio’s is a place everyone should visit at least once for super cool history and solid steak/supper club experience. Parlour has a GREAT burger too, previously #2 on my list, now #3 after Degidios. And then take your pick of the dozen or so places right by the X, McGovern’s gets some great reviews food wise but I haven’t been.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

And for value it’s tough to beat Burger Time or Val’s imo.

Ya, for some reason I have not had a Val’s burger for awhile now. I think I over did them when I first moved to the area. Its only a few blocks away from my Office, I may have to go get a burger and Fri’s one day this week.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Buster’s on 28th in South Minneapolis has an excellent burger and a great rotating tap of micro brews.

Justin riegel

I would argue it is 2nd in St. Paul to Selby Ave.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I would argue it is 2nd in St. Paul to Selby Ave.

And you might be right, some of my favorites over there as well!

tim hurley

Selby is pretty fruffy right now, good food at big prices, but I’m just a school teacher.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I must have terrible luck. I’ve been to the Lions Tap at least 3 times. Burgers were poor at worst and mediocre during the best of the visits. Couldn’t believe I was in the same place everybody raves about and this was not just catching the place on an off day.

I’m also not a fan of this place and find the burgers to be a bit salty.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.