Best Burger List

• picklerick
    Central WI

Once egg is added you have made meatloaf or meatball mix. Egg is not necessary to make a burger juicy or hold together. Just lightly mixing meat will make it tacky enough to hold together. What our taste buds perceive as juiciness is from fat and a little bit of the meat juices. By the time the burger is cooked, what little egg is in each patty has been cooked past hard boiled, so not juicy. This is all in my humble opinion and you are free to keep doing what you like of course. toast

ThunderLund78

I feel the key to a juicy burger is to #1 uses a good mix of ground chuck, no more than 85/15 and #2 throw it on a HOT flat-top – and if you’ve already cooked bacon on that flat-top, all the better! Give it a good sear on each side and keep it on just long enough to get to no more than medium.

You can grill a great burger but you lose a lot of juices between the grate in my opinion.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Definitely add egg to the burger. I also like to make sure the grill is so hot that you can barely get near it when they go on. Never ever touch it more than once to flip it, and to take it off. Sear all that good inside.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Once egg is added you have made meatloaf or meatball mix. Egg is not necessary to make a burger juicy or hold together. Just lightly mixing meat will make it tacky enough to hold together. What our taste buds perceive as juiciness is from fat and a little bit of the meat juices. By the time the burger is cooked, what little egg is in each patty has been cooked past hard boiled, so not juicy. This is all in my humble opinion and you are free to keep doing what you like of course. toast

I like adding a egg or 2. Always have but yes I under stand the tack comes from working the meat. And juice equals fat always. You won’t catch me buying lean meat of any form. But I still like to use eggs.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Did a couple new Best Burger Update! Wise Acre Eatery is an awesome restaurant in South MSP that I have been to for a fantastic breakfast many times. Recently I saw they started offering Jack Cooper Custom Meats and knew I had to get back there for a burger. Jack Cooper is an awesome relatively new meat market not too far from my home, and they do it right with all Family Farm locally raised animals. And Wise Acre turns that delicious beef into their WISE BURGER $17, which is Two 3oz Scottish Highland beef smash patties, pickles, onion, heirloom tomato, aged cheddar, herb aioli, Baker’s Field bun. The beef, big ol tomato and bun were the stars here. I didn’t love the herb aioli, but overall it was a very good burger with solid American fries. Also, they sell an awesome variety of produce, meat and canned goods that are worth the trip themselves.

This sort of homegrown talent doesn’t come around too often, like a HOFer from Royalton that ended his career with the Minnesota Vikings, Jim Langer 5.8.

Attachments:
    1. DCB1E844-8DFD-4A90-A0F6-9346F6E76754-scaled.jpeg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Best Burger Update! Back like we never left with a Boys Burger night at the Chaska American Legion. If you’re not familiar with a “_____ night” at a Legion or VFW, are you really Minnesotan? I can’t say for certain, but would guess not. And for those who don’t know, _____ nights are awesome. You get what they are serving, this ain’t Burger King and you cannot have it you’re way, but it’s usually done very well, with big portions at a VERY affordable cost. And Chaska Legion delivered in spades. Great fresh never frozen burger, American cheese, fried onions, classic crinkle cut fries and sandwich pickles from a 5 gallon bucket. Textbook traditional burger basket done perfectly.

Every town should have a community spot like a Legion, like every NFL team making a SB run needs an edge rusher. Like HOFer Chris Doleman 5.6.

Attachments:
    1. 81765169-4D8A-4E23-BDD1-2D8F4AA1D15D-scaled.jpeg

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

i love getting burgers from the legion in Mound. Best burger in town. Incidentally i also like throwing a few back at the legion. Best place to get tipsy in town. I guess i just like everything about the legion lol

CaptainMusky

The legions are really a dying breed. So many of them along with the VFW are closing up because the old retired vets are dying off and they cannot make it with the few customers they get. Pretty sad. Good on you guys for supporting them. I cannot remember the last time I was in either. Probably at a car show many years ago when my neighbors had cars in it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The Legion and VFW in Chaska are hopping every burger/fish/etc night, and hopefully are outside of that, but I don’t get out much beyond a meal occasionally. Here’s my list this far:
    Red Cow 9.3 John Randle
    Parlour 8.1 Anthony Carter
    Lions Tap 8.0 Cris Carter
    Silver Bullet 7.7 Gary Larsen
    Nook 7.0 Jim Marshall
    Dan’s 6.5 Gary Zimmerman
    Vic’s 6.4 Randall McDaniel
    Wild Acres 5.8 Jim Langer
    House of Coates 5.8 Eddie McDaniel
    Chaska Legion 5.6 Chris Doleman
    Crooked Pint 5.5 Jack Del Rio/Scott Studwell
    Jordan Supper Club 5.3
    Burger Press 5.2 Kailee Wong
    Wildfire 5.0 Jeff Siemon
    Arby’s Wagyu Deluxe 4.7 Joey Browner
    Matty G’s AZ 4.4 Leroy Hoard

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I love that your doing this and have been following as who doesn’t love a good burger, but the fact that Arby’s Wagyu made your list frightens me. Had it only once and thought you guys need to stick with roast beef.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Red Cow is that good?

Yes. I like the Double Barrel, but they usually enter the 60/40 burger to contests and often take home 1st prize.

the fact that Arby’s Wagyu made your list frightens me. Had it only once and thought you guys need to stick with roast beef.

Anyone who wants a shot at the title is welcome to try. It’s at the bottom of the list for a reason. I’d put that Waygu burger above any run of the mill fast food burger, but nowhere near the real contenders.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Anyone who wants a shot at the title is welcome to try. It’s at the bottom of the list for a reason. I’d put that Waygu burger above any run of the mill fast food burger, but nowhere near the real contenders.

That’s fair. Just thought it was not really better than any other burger from most fast food places. Not traditional fast food but Culvers and Five Guys is better than that Wagyu offering from Arby’s. IMO

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Last time my wife enjoyed 5 guys it was all over her face. Just a mess.

There are a couple of places on BigWern’s list I need to go and try. Great thread.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Why the vikes players names ? Not catching the coralatiion ?
    I’m with John the Arby’s waygu is not good

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Rodwork wrote:
    Last time my wife enjoyed 5 guys it was all over her face.

Ummm

rotflol she hates that joke. The best is the look on the faces of eavesdroppers.

Justin riegel

If anyone is in the Lino Lake Area the Legion has Burger nights on Wednesdays that are awesome and cheap. They give you slip you fill it out and it comes back hot and tasty. Beware of the double patty it is a beast.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If anyone is in the Lino Lake Area the Legion has Burger nights on Wednesdays that are awesome and cheap. They give you slip you fill it out and it comes back hot and tasty. Beware of the double patty it is a beast.

I’m working at molin right now. Might have to give that a whirl

CaptainMusky

she hates that joke. The best is the look on the faces of eavesdroppers.

You are the devil LOL

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Why the vikes players names ? Not catching the coralatiion ?

Bc I’m a Vikings rube and thought it would be funny to correlate the score to the players uniform (main reason), and also allows for more differentiation in the scores. Like Jim Langer (Wild Acre) was a better player than Eddie McDaniel (House of Coates), so they are both 5.8 but Wild Acre was slightly better.

Umy
    South Metro

Did a couple new Best Burger Update! Wise Acre Eatery is an awesome restaurant in South MSP that I have been to for a fantastic breakfast many times. Recently I saw they started offering Jack Cooper Custom Meats and knew I had to get back there for a burger. Jack Cooper is an awesome relatively new meat market not too far from my home, and they do it right with all Family Farm locally raised animals. And Wise Acre turns that delicious beef into their WISE BURGER $17, which is Two 3oz Scottish Highland beef smash patties, pickles, onion, heirloom tomato, aged cheddar, herb aioli, Baker’s Field bun. The beef, big ol tomato and bun were the stars here. I didn’t love the herb aioli, but overall it was a very good burger with solid American fries. Also, they sell an awesome variety of produce, meat and canned goods that are worth the trip themselves.

Wise Acre is GREAT – been going there for years. Have good food, cool environment and for people like me I can go shop for flowers and stuff at their place across the street. Highly recommend them

This sort of homegrown talent doesn’t come around too often, like a HOFer from Royalton that ended his career with the Minnesota Vikings, Jim Langer 5.8.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I need to get out more! I will say I made some of the best burgers we ever ate starting this summer with a new griddle and smash burgers. I wouldnt want them that way every time but they sure are good.

JEREMY
    BP

The Legion and VFW in Chaska are hopping every burger/fish/etc night, and hopefully are outside of that,

Never been to the Legion but I can say that I have emptied many a Busch Light at the VFW after work. Only had the burger night once and it was good for the price.

Deuces

Someone should start a chicken sandwich thread….

Ever since I got good at frying fish at home and making burgers I find myself rarely ordering it in restaurants anymore. The FG is one of those healthy types and rarely eats red meat at home but everytime we go out gets a burger and absolutely smashes em, makes me laugh.

picklerick
    Central WI

The rest of the world calls them chicken burgers, so why not just add them here? For the record, I say the rest of the world is wrong, unless it’s an unbreaded, ground chicken patty. That’s the only thing I’d call a chicken burger.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Anyone have any suggestions for the Hudson, River Falls, Red Wing, Hastings areas?

In Hudson, we love Barkers. My favorite is the Tyson and the Bullseye. The burgers aren’t outrageously huge, but to me that’s not what makes a burger good.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Good one Mr.Tuma.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

BEST BURGER UPDATE! Had the opportunity to visit an absolute classic burger joint and heavyweight contender for the crown, King’s Place in Miesville. Check almost any top burger list in MN and you will find King’s Place. And for good reason. Fresh local ingredients including the best buns straight from Hanisch Bakery. The King’s menu is a bit overwhelming as they have over 100 burger combinations, so I stuck with a classic, The Stacker, double cheeseburger with fried onions. This was perfectly done, just a shade of pink in the middle with American cheese and fried onions on both patties. I went with their regular fries, which were awesome. Reminded me of McDonalds fries, but fresh out of the fryer and done how they are supposed to be. And in my travels I have not had a better burger bun, guess there’s a very good reason Billy Hanisch goes by the Bunman!

The ambiance is quintessential burger joint with plenty of wood grain, all the beer signs (check that Sky Blue water-neon glow in the pic) and the beers to match. Miesville punches WAY above its roughly 135 population in entertainment, with a classic supper club, Weiderholts, across the street. And home of the Amateur Baseball institution Miesville Mudhens and their gem of a ballpark as well.

This is definitely worth the 40 minute drive from the metro! Hall of Fame burger joint gets a Hall of Famer Steve Hutchinson 7.6.

Attachments:
    1. 5BBB054D-9C22-43AE-9D70-5EA213EE445D-scaled.jpeg

wkw

If in Rochester check out Roosters Too on the south end by Fleet Farm.Today I had the County Fair burger. Awesome!! Big thick patty w/ cheese, 3-4 deep fried onion rings piled on top, and all the works.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 272 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.