Best Burger List

• glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>
    Liberty’s in red wing has an awesome sausage burger.

Are they open again after that car rammed the building??

Yes, my FIL goes there weekly.

awesome……..

Brad Dimond
    Participant

Northbound Smokehouse and Brewpub in Minneapolis has and outstanding burger – house-cured bacon, smoked cheddar, crispy fried onions, jalapeños with a side of Texas BBQ sauce. Fries are good if you request they not salt them.

Sandwiches are great – BLT with house bacon, Cuban Reuben and Porketta also are great.

Plus beer!

BrianF
    Participant

We never pass Gordy’s in Cloquet without stopping for a burger and shake.

Brittman
    Participant

I rarely order burgers dining out in the Metro. My favorite is off the grill at home.

Shamrocks, Parlour, and RedCow (don’t like the one with the bacon) all do a burger pretty well. Shamrocks is probably the best value.

I have stopped in at plenty of small MN, Dakotas, and WI small town cafes. My choice there is the patty melt. Most deliver a great burger at a fair price. Patty melt or eggs over easy with hashbrowns … decisions, decisions.

TillrLife
    Participant
    Cold Spring, MN

Interesting, I know that place is quiet the draw, we normally stop at Sammy’s on our way to Vermilion. I always thought that place was more of a tourist trap with greasy flattop burgers, not much different than Culvers.

Maybe I will give it a shot my next trip to Vermilion.

Brad Dimond
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BrianF wrote:</div>

Interesting, I know that place is quiet the draw, we normally stop at Sammy’s on our way to Vermilion. I always thought that place was more of a tourist trap with greasy flattop burgers, not much different than Culvers.

If it’s early in the day, skip Gordy’s and go up 33 to Family Traditions Restaurant. Great breakfast, great value.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BrianF wrote:</div>

I was thinking the same thing. I have never been to Gordys but have passed it 100s of times.
    Family traditions is a good place with good prices to serving sizes

crossin_eyes
    Participant
    Lakeville, MN

Newt’s in Rochester has got to be on this list. It’s a top 3 for me for sure.

BrianF
    Participant

California Burger with cheese and everything on it, plus a strawberry shake…thank me later. lol

We’ll sometimes split a mushroom & Swiss as a chaser.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    Anyone have any suggestions for the Hudson, River Falls, Red Wing, Hastings areas? We’ve done Kings before on the way to the cities and thought the burgers were good. I wouldn’t put them off the chart though.

I’m not against Kings but I think it’s more of a novelty attraction than anything. I’m in your general region Bucky and like you I life in the country. We rarely, rarely ever eat out so I don’t have a ton of recommendations for you. But the Homeplate bar/grill in downtown red wing is pretty good. Alost everyone has tried Smokin’ Oak in Red Wing but the place truly never lets me down.

The Taphouse restaurants in Rochester make a burger with cheese curds and a cheese sauce on top, plus I add lettuce because I have to have lettuce on a burger. Those cheese curd burgers are the best burgers I ever have, and I love getting a good cheeseburger.

I must live under a rock. I have never heard of the Homeplate Bar/Grill before. I’ll have to swing in there sometime.

We’ve had the Smokin’ Oak before and it was solid. I didn’t have a burger though.

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

Only had a cheeseburger and fries one time from Gordys and I can say it wouldnt hurt my feelings if that was the last time. Wasnt bad but wasnt anything I couldnt do just as good or better at home.

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

pivoting a little bit into sandwiches… if you’ve never been to Northern Waters Smokehaus in Duluth, make a point to stop there. Their sandwiches are incredible!

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

pivoting a little bit into sandwiches… if you’ve never been to Northern Waters Smokehaus in Duluth, make a point to stop there. Their sandwiches are incredible!

Corktown Deli is also very good. Worth a stop if Northern Waters is too busy.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Funny you mention Northern Waters Smokehaus. They’re featured on Man vs Food.

It was also featured on DDD.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I saw that episode and it looks fantastic! NEver been there though.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>AK Guy wrote:</div>
    Funny you mention Northern Waters Smokehaus. They’re featured on Man vs Food.

I used to love that show. Have t seen it In a long time

CaptainMusky
    Participant

The episode he did at that place in Stillwater with the super hot wings was incredible, but I dont think that place is open anymore.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

There is alot of overpriced so so burgers on this list.

Come to North branch with 12 bucks on you and get a burger worth 12 bucks and be full, along with some home cut potatoe fries, the way its supposed to be. Many times I’m jealous of the good eaterys around the cities and how close you guys are to them. But reading this list I’m not to jealous at all

Not sure what you are talking about, but they have all been pretty standard $10-20 burger and fries. And they are ranked for a reason, with only a few scoring 8 or higher. It’s a just for fun burger quest for the best burger, not looking to just be full. If you have a spot in North Branch that you think could rival Red Cow, just let me know!

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

These aren’t earth shattering in my experience, but they are a decent burger joint with tons of variety that we will hit up maybe once a month or so if out shopping. I’d personally give their bigger burgers a 7 or so out of 10. My gripe toward them is that regardless of them asking how you want your burger done…they are going to come out medium well at the very least.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

For those in Rochester have you guys ever gone to Jac’s? I believe its in Rochester and my HS buddy owns it.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Not sure what you are talking about, but they have all been pretty standard $10-20 burger and fries. And they are ranked for a reason, with only a few scoring 8 or higher. It’s a just for fun burger quest for the best burger, not looking to just be full. If you have a spot in North Branch that you think could rival Red Cow, just let me know!
    [/quote]

That’s why I said so so burgers and a pretty OK burger for 20 bucks isn’t what I call a good deal. I’m no burger expert like some are but 12 bucks for a bomb burger fries and beer while going home stuffed is what I call a good deal, and delicious. They beat most every burger on this list. Only 1 time have I been disappointed and that was with a new cook who put mayo on my BBQ bacon cheese burger. I know it’s just for fun, that’s why I added to the list, just for fun.

Coletrain27
    Participant

red cow being #1 and the rest of the list is all just a single persons opinion. everyones is gonna be different lol coffee

ThunderLund78
    Participant

Speaking of Lucys – The Buffalo Tap in Savage has GREAT Lucys with my Favorite being the Parmesan Juicy Lucy Patty Melt w/Pepperjack. They grill the parmesan into the bread of the patty melt and it forms an amazing crust. Downside of that place is that’s it’s an incognito Packer Bar. But a fun place to go for a Pack/Vikings game.

Is the Convention Grill in Edina still open? That place had the best classic, greasy flat-top burgers, hands-down. But I think they closed a few years ago??

Also there’s a Food truck that has a lot of buzz right now that frequents a lot of places in the Southern Metro called Station #6. I have two buddies who I consider EXPERT burger evaluators and they both say that it’s in their TOP 5 of ALL TIME! They’re at Modern Sportsman in Burnsville on Fridays, from what I’m told. Anyone try these guys? I gotta get there, maybe this Friday.

Coletrain27
    Participant

For those in Rochester have you guys ever gone to Jac’s? I believe its in Rochester and my HS buddy owns it.

theres a jacs in chatfield if thats the one you are talking about? about 20 mins from rochester

Coletrain27
    Participant

cant stand that place and i live in rochester. would rather eat ramen noodles

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

12 bucks for a bomb burger fries and beer while going home stuffed is what I call a good deal

Tell me when and where, and I’ll meet you there! Those places are a GD unicorn. rotflol Although Silver Bullet in Genola (#4 on my current list) would fit that description I think.

Food trucks are great, and some produce some amazing food, but aren’t eligible for the list bc how often they turnover, and the whole being in different places all the time.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Tell me when and where, and I’ll meet you there! Those places are a GD unicorn. rotflol Although Silver Bullet in Genola (#4 on my current list) would fit that description I think.

Food trucks are great, and some produce some amazing food, but aren’t eligible for the list bc how often they turnover, and the whole being in different places all the time.
    [/quote]

The brick inn, right on 95 in north branch. I’ll meet you if you ever come through town and I’ll even flip the bill. It’s a old school bar not really much of a restaurant but they have great food. Mondays is half off burger night but you get chips instead of fries.
    I lived in Chanhassen for a period of time when I first had my son and we used to go to the legion or vfw and they had pretty solid burgers for cheap. But that was 12 years ago.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

theres a jacs in chatfield if thats the one you are talking about? about 20 mins from rochester

That’s it! I thought it was in Rochester, but knew it was near there.

Coletrain27
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

That’s it! I thought it was in Rochester, but knew it was near there.

ive never ate there but ive heard people talk about it and say the food was good

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.