battery pack question

• captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

A couple of guys floated by yesterday with battery problems. My pack would not start their motor. Its 5-7 years old and hadn’t been charged in a year or two but the indicator was green. I put the load tester on it and it red well into the green until I hit the load button and then it pinned the needle to the left. So,…did the boat have a battery so dead my pack couldn’t overcome it or is my pack shot? Obviously, a bad pack wouldn’t be worth carrying around. It would be time for a new one. Thanks for your thoughts.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

If the load tester did not stay around 11.5 or higher you pack battery is probably in need of a charge, I would recharge your pack then let it sit for 15- 30 minutes to level off and reload test it !.If it proves to be bad then replace the pack or just the battery in the pack, Interstate makes a great battery for most charging packs.

Remember even charge packs will lose it’s charge if it just sits !

My last pack lasted 14 years, it now has an Interstate battery in it.been 3 years now but I used it every other day and kept it charged.

JMHO Jeff

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

I don’t think almost anything will hold a charge for two years unless like a watch battery or something.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

How about a long set of heavy jumper cables? Mine are 20 footers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.