Bassmaster Opens 2024

• Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Bassmaster Opens/Elite Qualifiers start this week on the Big O. Jim Moynagh has been putting out videos of his practice days. Several MN and WI guys are trying to make the Elites this year and more will just be fishing St. Clair, Leech, and LaCrosse hoping to get a win and Bassmaster Classic birth. Should be an exciting year.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Bassmaster Opens/Elite Qualifiers start this week on the Big O. Jim Moynagh has been putting out videos of his practice days. Several MN and WI guys are trying to make the Elites this year and more will just be fishing St. Clair, Leech, and LaCrosse hoping to get a win and Bassmaster Classic birth. Should be an exciting year.

Which event are you fishing? I bet you could get a win waytogo

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Its great to see some of the names attempting to make it back to the elites. I think they miss it and I know most fans would really like to see them return. It will be interesting to see how some of these older veterans do against some of the young fishermen. The old pro’s have the edge in past experience on a lot of these bodies of water but the young fishermen are just so much better in the use of electronics. Should be fun and interesting to keep a eye on how it all plays out.

Dan Baker

Anyone else find the Bassmaster website to be really hard to navigate?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Not really. Then again I don’t access it often. Normally just to watch live coverage and to follow a elite tourney. What all are you trying to navigate to?

Dan Baker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan Baker wrote:</div>

Not really. Then again I don’t access it often. Normally just to watch live coverage and to follow a elite tourney. What all are you trying to navigate to?

I just tried to search who was competing in the Open starting tomorrow. I can’t find the angler list. It is great during a tournament, but in between it has been hard for me to find things I’m looking for.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I see on bass track someone already has 5 fish for 23lbs. That’s a rather fast start. It looks like he may be rather new to the opens as his profile does not show any past tourney info. That’s a great way to announce your arrival.

Charles

Holy chit Scott Martin! 9lb and a 7lb

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Holy chit Scott Martin! 9lb and a 7lb

Not surprising. Its basically his home waters. He’s more than once jumped out to a lead in a tourney in Florida, but never seems to be able to hold onto it. Maybe this will be the tourney he does.

Walleye Hungry

Clewiston is his home. I enjoy his YouTube series so I hope he can pull off the W. I don’t follow bass fishing very much but seems like there isn’t very many top guys in this tournament. Am I wrong there?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Clewiston is his home. I enjoy his YouTube series so I hope he can pull off the W. I don’t follow <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bass fishing very much but seems like there isn’t very many top guys in this tournament. Am I wrong there?

This is an open event. Not the elite’s. Their 1st tourney of the season is not till near the end of Feb. That is where you will see most of the top guys. The opens are where fishermen try and qualify for the elite series.

Bass Pundit

Tuma with a solid day in FL 15-3 and Moynagh was just behind him 14-10. Fothergill also had an OK bag with 13-10. I think a cheesehead had one of the 20lb bags. That was one long weigh-in. Moynagh speculated weights may go up tomorrow.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Its crazy with the size of that lake that so many different Boats are fishing in a rather small area. I saw reports that some of the more common spots had 80-100 boats in them at a time. Any other tourney and there would be lots of shouting and yelling going on if this happened. Its the norm at Okeechobee.

Charles

ith the size of that lake that so many different Boats are fishing in a rather small area. I saw reports that some of the more common spots had 80-100 boats in them at a time. Any other tourney and there would be lots of shouting and yelling going on if this happened. Its the norm at Okeechobee

I was looking at some of the Josh Douglas photos and man, the size of that lake with everybody playing bumper boats is just insane to think about.

Bass Pundit

Tuma did great at the Big O coming in 23rd, Moynagh survived in 51st, and Fothergill thrived coming in 7th. That Fothergill kid from Grand Rapids is legit.

This week the EQ Opens move to Lake Ouachita in Arkansas.

Bass Pundit

Tuma had a rough Day 1 only bringing in 4 fish, so he is sitting in 151st Place. Moynagh did ok and sits in 41st and Fothergill is in 35th. Tuma is going to need to catch ’em tomorrow, or else he will be in real trouble with a ton of EQ points to make up. He has got to get in the Top 100 to soften the blow as much as possible.

Bass Pundit

Tuma couldn’t get a limit again and fell to a devastating 152nd-place finish. Fothergill just missed his second Top 10, finishing 11th. Moynagh only caught 4 today and fell to 66th, which is an OK finish points-wise for now. He is still in the game. Tuma is in a deep hole.

brandmoney

Fothergill will be on tour next year.

Bass Pundit

Open this week on Santee Cooper in South Carolina. I don’t think any of the MN guys have much experience there. It will be interesting to see how they do. From what I’ve read, the lakes have been on a downswing with tough fishing. Still some giants to be caught, but nowhere near what it was 5 and 10 years ago.

Bass Pundit

Tuma with another rough start sitting in 128th. Moynagh caught 20-6 and sitting in 44th. Fothergill 22-14 and in 23rd.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

Love seeing SM at the top! Looks like hes leading by almost a lb.

Bass Pundit

Moynagh in the money and 18th in the EQ Standings. Fothergill bombed on Day 2, but is 5th Place in EQ Points. Tuma needs multiple Top 10’s to get back in the race now. The next tournament isn’t until May 2nd at Logan Martin in Alabama.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.