Bassmaster AOY Championship at Mille Lacs Lake on ESPN 2 on Sunday

• arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Bassmaster Angler of the Year Championship at Mille Lacs Lake on ESPN 2 on Sunday

Attachments:
    1. bass.jpg

FryDog62

Thanks, I teed ‘er up. Will give me something to watch this winter when the water gets solid…

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Thanks, I teed ‘er up. Will give me something to watch this winter when the water gets solid…

When the water gets solid, you should be watching your Vexilar or Marcum or whatever flasher you have! jester

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ice is for cocktails, nothing more, nothing less. grin

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Kinda disappointed watching the BASS on ESPN 2. I know it was a overall weight for the champion of the season, but the T.V. coverage of Feider actually winning the event was dismal. I understand winning BASS master of the year is important, but Seth didn’t get enough recognition for his win. Just in my option.

cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

I watched the whole thing live last month and was looking forward to how they presented the show. All I can say was very disappointed. The live show was so entertaining . I thought I would be following next year but may follow watching the live shows in stead of the one hour show

Kyhl
    Savage

Agreed, it was disappointing. It lacked coverage of the actual tourney instead focusing on a couple of the AOY leaders.

The drone coverage from above was neat to see. It also surprised me that there was no coverage of the Day 3 takeoff. There were a lot of people in attendance on Sunday, and a lot of boats out there to see them off. Watched the Lacrosse event and they showed something from the take off from multiple days. Thought that was strange.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I watched the La Crosse event yesterday and they kept calling the spillway that Defoe was fishing the Onalaska spillway but that was the middle spillway or the French island spillway whatever you want to call it. Fieder says dude a lot.

Bass_attack

Ice is for cocktails, nothing more, nothing less. grin

Words cut deep as a knife think before you type jester

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Zona = obnoxious! If he’s such a great angler why isn’t he competing?

And if he’s so funny please try the comedy circuit. There has to be better, more palatable representation for the sport of competitive bass fishing, IMHO.

Enough said….

I completely agree that Feider didn’t get the exposure he was due… typical good old boys club at its finest.

Charles

Pretty interesting listen to Mike Iaconelli talk to Feider, Mike said it was joke how B.A.S.S treated Feider for the win and I guess somebody made a trophy to give to Feider for his win.

FryDog62

I agree on the Zona post… he apparently has quite a following, I like his passion but not my cup of tea. My vote would be for Sheli Sanders instead ;)

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Zona is like Dave Mercer, 100% total basshead. Most guys love them for it and a few guys hate on them.

Zona was a successful tournament angler that chose broadcasting and a fishing show instead. A lot more stable life for the family than being a tournament nomad fishing from before dawn to past dusk.

I thought the coverage Seth got was OK. It’s a one hour show and it was for the AOY primarily.

Tyler Kalishek
    Cedar Falls, IA

Kurt, you’re somewhat right about Zona in my opinion. He’s gotten more over the top as the years have gone by. He is a good angler though. He use to compete on the FLW Everstarts I believe. As far as the coverage of Seth and the actual tournament, the previous two years were the same. The focus is completely on AOY. Last year they may have showed a bit more of the tournament and the guys in the hunt for the classic because Aaron Martens had it wrapped up before the tournament started. That being said, Seth seems like a good dude and I hope he has a lot of success on the Elite Series

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.