Need quick answer – Tourn out of Clinton St Sat?

• fluker

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can provide some quick help for me so I can make a decision for out club. We are set to fish Pool 7 & 8 this Sat, 7:30 – 3:30 for our first clubber. We were supposed to go out of the I90 ramp, however I’ve learned that the ramp is closed and will be until they recover the bodies from the unfortunate accident there last week.

So to be on the safe side, I believe our club needs to pick a new launching location. We will have 12 boats. I understand there is another tournament going out of Clinton St. that day. I’d like to know the size and the times for that tournament. If it’s smaller and takes off at 6:30 or 7, I believe we can share the ramp. However if not, we’ll need to find another location.

If another location, please let me know recommendations. My though was the ramp across the way from Clinton St, which I don’t know the name of. Not sure if there is enough parking for 12 boats? The other option is 7th St, but we’d have to navigate through LaCrosse to get there, and most of us have never been there so it might be tough.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
    Chuck

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Chuck:

You guys should use the 7th street landing. More centrally located in the Pool anyway.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

You could use the landing in Dresbach on Pool 7.

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

There is plenty of room for 12 boats on the Clinton St east side. There are actually 2 landings that are only about 100 yrds, if that, apart. We call it the Perkins Landing.

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Chuck. There are two landings at Clinton ST. The east one by the Kwik Trip should work just fine.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Just a reminder, alot of people will be using those landings for airfest also (both days) there will be at least 50 to 75 boats anchored in front of the airport beach, I know because that is where I will be in the pontoon boat both days (weather permiting).

Fireash911
    Holmen, WI.

I would use the 7th St. landing, plenty of room and like GARVI said, you don’t have to deal with the “Airfest” crowd. You might want to change your tourney to a Pool 8 & 9 tourney and stay away from the lock & dam where the search is being performed.

fluker

What time does the airshow begin and end?

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

What time does the airshow begin and end?

Starts at noon and ends around 4 or 5

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

but the landings will fill up in a hurry…..

Even the one by hardees….

I recommend 7th street.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I think that you should change it to the 7th street landing as well. The pleasure boats will be out pretty early. Good Luck and be safe on the water. If the weather ends up being nice it will be a busy river.

FDR

fluker

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. We’ll be making the call tomorrow. We’ll stick with the I90 ramp if it opens up, otherwise I think we’ll do the 7th St launch. I appreciate all the quick responses!

Thanks
    Chuck

basshundter
    La Crosse, WI

There are a couple of tournies going on this weekend out of the clinton street landings. It should be packed both days. I recomend using the 7th street landing.

lax79
    La Crosse, WI

One more thing to consider, I know for a fact that a large portion of Lake Onalaska will be patrolled and shut down during the show. You will be confined to certain areas. I would also recommend changing to pools 8 and 9. Too much trouble going on on upper 8 and lower 7 to fish comfortably. By the way, the closures are scheduled for 11:30 til about 3:30.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.