Bassin this weekend?

• RT
    Twin Cities

Anyone heading out to the river this weekend for some bass action? I’ll be on Pool 4 the 25-28 for four days of fishing. Finally got some time off work to hit the water and the weather looks good. See ya on the water!

Ross

jeffsedlmayr
    Wisconsin

caught just a bunch of big smallies, on sunday, some very nice fish, there are just oodles of them out there waiting to be caught.

bigdog1
    NW Wisconsin

i will be out at least one day with alkfish and jighead, probably focusing on smb and lmb in that order, higher water and increase in water temp should help, more than likely we will fish pool 5a

alkfish
    St Paul MN

Yes the tri-fecta needs to put some more big smallies in the boat this weekend.

Anyone know how pool 5 has been? If 5a sucks we could slide up there.

~~~~~~alkfish

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

The water here on 5a is very high. Lots of junk and weeds floating down. I haven’t heard of anyoe doing any good on bass lately. But will let you know if I hear anything.

adloos
    Winona, MN

Caught a few nice bass today on Pool 4, be careful of the logs floatin down. Almost hit a few. I will be fishing up there all weekend also.

danwi
    westby wi

I got a few nice bass last weekend in pool 8.Didnt find alot of bass but what i did had good size to them…all large mouth,cant seem to find the smallies.I know that dont do you alot of good on pool 4 or 5

flick
    Alma WI

Has anyone else realized the smallies really havent started schooling up yet? Last yr when the water was colder they were already schooled up!. Just wonderin what everyone else thought!

bigdog1
    NW Wisconsin

yes flick, i have noticed that myself, i really dont know, one theory may be that the water has been lower this spring, when that happens, there are more comfortable spots to go for the fish, thus they spread out at least i think

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

I have found them schooled very tightly already. As the water level increases it is the belief of some that it triggers the smallies to start heading towards spawning grounds. When this happens you find these schools of smallies in more predictable areas and much easier to catch.
    jc

jedsall
    Dover Ohio

Not schooled? Ever consider they are just not schooled in the places that your used to looking? Believe me, there are schools out there already, just in some odd places. I’ll agree some of the “Typical spots” that I catch spring smallies seem off, but there are schools to be found. When you find them they are agressive. Mother nature is about to kick in I believe, as the water flowing through the dams hits the mid 50’s look for the migration we’ve all been waiting for. In the meantime, don’t give up on looking for pods of fish. I’ve got a hot date with several schools tomorrow, and an even hotter date sunday, at the great river open. Just hope they don’t have an early dismissal, at the School I been attending… bass have a way of teaching us a lesson once in a while… Hope Sunday isn’t my day for a lesson.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.