Asian Beetles

• weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Asian bettles started showing up in the masses so I figured I would throw a reminder out for those that have issues with them and spray. Here is a great product that I have been using and does wonders. I spray around perimeter of house plus windows and doors. Can also be used on plants, trees and what not.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200922_153727341.jpg

Pauleye
    Onamia

Where did you get it?

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

They’ve been showing up more and more the last couple days and today they were horrendous. Just sprayed the Ortho (see below)an hour ago and have hundreds dead already. Man I hate those things. Will have to give this stuff a try as well.

Attachments:
    1. D581057E-F658-4035-9581-9C59AEB8E609.jpeg

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I got it from Mimbach in Sauk Rapids but I think amazon might sell it. Its not the cheapest but it works great.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Thanks for the tips guys. Does anyone know if these sprays are ok with pets and chickens roaming around outside?

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Outside roofing, they showed up in a plague yesterday. On your neck, in your face, in your ears, ALL DAY! Hate those things passionately!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Yep can tell the farmers are starting to harvest crops, that’s when they start to show up. That and them friggin box elder bugs. sad

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

The bugg stuff says let dry before allowing kids and animals dry before entering area, pretty commom I think for something of this nature. Dan, would you worry at all about chickens eating the dead or infected bugs? Not sure how or if it would affect them that way. This stuff does kill boxelder bugs too and Im sure the ortho stuff would too.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Dan, would you worry at all about chickens eating the dead or infected bugs?

That’s a good question. I’ll have to do some looking into it, I almost bought some fall lawn food stuff too but I need to look into that too before I buy some, don’t need to kill off the entire chicken population.

Doug M
    SE SD

We use the tempo ultra sc. It keeps working for quite awhile. Works for pretty much everything including spiders and even wasps. I spray foundation, windows, doors and rock around whole house about every 4-5 weeks. It says once dry it is safe for pets. We have a dog and I will either do it at night when he is in house for night or in morning after he is done with his morning business.

Another thing we have noticed with the Asian beetles is the like light colors vs dark.

haleysgold
    SE MN

X2 on Tempo Ultra SC
    Only complaint is after drying it leaves like water spots on some finishes. It lasts for a LONG time, even into the next year.
    Still beats having the bugs. You’re still going to have the bugs since it doesn’t kill em on the spot.
    Them dam beetles bite too !!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve used Suspend SC in the past with great success.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.