Peeps or Anchor site

• prieser
    Byron, MN

All right I have shot both now, and I know everyone has there favorite. But with out even changing a thing I was able to grab my buddies bow who is 3 inches taller and 100 lbs heavier than me. It would take a little bit to get used to shooting but, that Anchor site above the pins seems like the ticket. I was out to 50 yards and laying the smack down on the target. No way I could do that with a peep site on the string. How many other guys shoot with this? It just seems like it takes all the guess work out of lining up your shot, arrow, sights everything.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

HUH??? Prieser, educate me please!

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

I’ve shot one the last 2 years. It took a good 6-8 months for me to get use to it. Love them. I like being able to see the “entire sight picture” vs. looking through a tunnel. I’m sold on them.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks BP!

Ok I have seen those. Prieser or Ben are they legal in most states? I’m asking because of the Magnification of the lense??? I would like to see one in action. Any lefties have one in a 28″ draw????

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Thanks BP!

Ok I have seen those. Prieser or Ben are they legal in most states? I’m asking because of the Magnification of the lense??? I would like to see one in action.

There should be no reason for them to be illegal, the anchor site has nothing to do with your pins, there is a crosshair w/ a hole in the center and a black dot that needs to line up directly in the center of the circle. If this is done properly, you know that you are pulled back correctly, your hands are not twisted, it just lets you know that your are set perfectly before you pull the trigger. Pretty innovative system. Just another $100.00 to add to your existing bow set up.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

As Prieser said, it’s not like a scope or anything. its just a reference making sure you are anchored in exact spot everytime. You’d be amazed at what it does for you when shooting from an elevated position. It asures proper mechanics (bending at the waiste) when shooting down. There are many different types, the Archery Innovations is just one. There’s probably a half dozen or better different kinds.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

So does the Anchor site replace your pins or does it work with them?

born2hunt
    Tennessee

I shoot one on my bow and like it a lot. I was wondering though if it is better above the sights or below the sights. Mine is below the sights right now.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Steve, I believe it works with the sight. The anchor is more like a level and lets you know if you are holding your bow/anchored properly. You still need your sights. Ben, Prieser or BP correct me if I’m wrong.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Correct. You still use your sights for the shot. Its just a reference, making sure you’re doing the same thing every time when you draw your bow.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve been doing a lot of reading on the anchor site and I think I’m going to try it.

Here’s a couple of really good posts:

achery talk

achery talk 2

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Where can you get or look at one?

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Where can you get or look at one?

I just bought one… I’ll let you look at it if you bring

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Does it fit on a lefty?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I can drink with either hand….

big G

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Does it fit on a lefty?

Lefty? Why do you shoot backwards?

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I can drink with either hand….

big G

My sister tells me you can drink with no hands!

big_g
    Isle, MN

She talks too much…… HaHaHa Just kidding, she would know…

big G

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

The Anchor is very similar to a No PeeP only more sophisticated…also more expensive. $75 for plastic…$99 for aluminum….

with a level bubble on your bowsite and a kisser button on the string you are very close to accomplishing the sam ting…but…I am a sucker for trying new gadgets also!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Sweet! I’ve never seen one of these. Just dusted the bow off and have been tossing a few at the old target. I’m going to check into one of these.

Thanks guys.

Jami

prieser
    Byron, MN

Just got back from the range over lunch. The more I shoot with the peep, the more I want an anchor for my bow. I just don’t know if I have the time to practice up with a new set up before the season. Oh well, next year for sure.

I shoot left handed and it works great. I still use my peep and use the anchor site for reference to know if I’m torquing the bow or not. I can see the anchor sight through the peep. Chicken to take of the peep. It’s amazing just how far off it changes by your grip placement.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I messed around with a laser, about 10 years ago. I had a machinist make me a mount for my bow (gov’t project at work ) and mounted it. I sighted it in at 20 yards. It was AMAZING how much the red dot from the pointer would move, left and right, just with tightening or loosening my grip on the bow. I used it as a teaching tool, to teach me to pull and hold the bow the same everytime. I could drive tacks at 20 yards, shooting from the hip, with that laser on my bow. Of course, I removed it before hunting season, but would put it on every fall, to make sure I had my routine down right

big G

mooneypm
    Ellsworth,WI

Does anyone one know if it will work with a sightmaster?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.