Anyone know what this jig is called?

I think that it is from Lindy and I believe they might have stopped making it but I was wondering if anyone knew what the name of this jig is in the picture so I could see if anyone has some online. It is a pretty small jig (no bigger than 1/8 oz, maybe 1/16) but has a big hook compared to the size of the head. The circle with the eye glows in the dark. Thanks for any help that you guys can give me!

Attachments:
    1. Ice-Fishing-Jig-scaled.jpg

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Welcome to IDO Keith. Your picture did not make it.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Looks like a Northland Super-Glo jig.

-J.

I looked at those online, but they all have too big of a head and are not quite right. My picture probably doesn’t show it well enough because the head was the closest to the shutter but the head is disproportionately smaller than the hook.

LabDaddy1

Don’t have your answer, but I personally cannot stand those red hooks on northland products. WAY too flimsy, IMO.

wallster
    Austin, MN

That is a Lindy Max Gap jig. They stopped making them few years ago. You are going to have a tough time finding them but that dont mean there isn’t some still out there.
    Wallster ><((((>

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

That is a Lindy Max Gap jig. They stopped making them few years ago. You are going to have a tough time finding them but that dont mean there isn’t some still out there.
    Wallster ><((((>

2x

I use these for bobber fishing walleyes. Small weight with a decent hook gap.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Those were one of the best jigs Lindy ever made, the guides around here loved them. That’s the Max Gap as previously stated. Northland has knocked off just about everything Lindy made. The one you have looks like one of the very early prototypes.

Thank you all of you! I’ve been trying to figure this out for a few years and I finally have my answer! You guys are great!

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

If you can’t find them you could make you own. I too like the oversize hook. I have been pouring my own jigs for close to 40 years. I alway use 1 hook size larger than the mold says.

FWIW I like the “flimsy” aberdeen hook. Straightens out in the rocks and I get my jig back.

Michael Johnson

I second making your own. Then you can put a better quality hook of whatever size you want in it. It’s just a standard round head jig with a lead barb. Sometimes it takes a little modification to the mold, but for walleye jigs that weight I put 1/0 or 2/0 hooks in them.

Red Eye

Bait shop in New York Mills makes and sells his own jigs. 1/16oz on up. Made with larger red hook like that. Use them with large spottail shinners all spring. Many different colors.
    Fins best jigs. Not sure if he ships though.

robby
    Quad Cities

Cabelas used to offer a similar Cabelas branded jig also, with good quality red hook. I used them for the stripers here in the Rock and Mississippi River. Also caught Saugers, Walters, Basses, Carp. I like the bigger, longer hooks.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Keith, that EBay link is probably your best bet at any. I have 100 or so but they’re staying here. The hooks in those jig was as good as you can get, unless you’re going deep sea fishing. VMC is what they are, and they were pretty stout.

LabDaddy1

Ok so not all red hooks are sh*t, that’s good to know lol. Anybody know the northland(I believe) ones I’m talking about? Their red hooks on jigs and spinnerbaits sucked

Again, thanks guys! I did go ahead and order off of that ebay link. He didn’t have any 1/16 oz though only had down to 1/8 oz. I do have 2 of those so we can only have 2 happy people in the fishhouse at a time but that’s better than 0 happy people! Thanks for all the info! I am going to check into that place in New York Mills that Red Eye mentioned so thanks for the heads up!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.