2005 navigator 175cs

• 07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

Anyone got any good tips on rigging a kicker on this boat I just bought a merc 9.9 4 stroke long shaft and was wondering if anyone has rigged there own? Im planning on putting it on left side to counter balance when I’m alone, fuel line I want off main tank and position of motor Ive looked at not hitting main motor. Let me know your thought thx Tom

stevenoak

Mines a 2010 185 with a 115, 9.9 Yamahas. It just fits not touching motor. Mine is a tiller, if you have steering should have more room. I put a t in the fuel line in compartment and a second bulkhead fitting.

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

I have a 9.9 John’suki on mine with the motor on the port (left) side. It does a nice job of offsetting my weight when I’m the only one in the boat. I put a tee in the main line, ran a brass fitting through the bulkhead, and added the bulb and engine fitting to it. It is seriously recommended that you add a shutoff valve to the kicker motor fuel line to prevent sucking the gas out of the kicker line and air into the main engine while running at high speed. It happens–even with the bulb check valve and the fuel line removed from the kicker.

My biggest tip for you is to get a quick connect used for snow plow battery power connections and insert it between the battery and the kicker’s starter motor so that removing the kicker if you have or want to is convenient.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.