why did alumacraft quit making Tournament Models

• SLDUCK

I have a 2003 Tournament Sport 175 and would like to get larger boat. They no longer make the Tournament models. Why did they quit making them?

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

It was pulled from the lineup 3 years ago when people were not spending as much money. That’s what I was told by a rep. I was also told recently that the model may be coming back for 2014.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Some had porpoising problems too, seems more than management would admit to.

Al

Beaver E

I have heard the reason why is beause it cost the same as the tropy and they were just not selling them. People were taking the tropy over the tournament model. Just what I have heard.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I remember reading on walleyecentral that they can still build them if somebody wanted one according to a rep that posted on there. This was awhile ago though.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

I have also wondered why. Bought my 185 Tournament Pro CS in 09 and love it.

Snagger
    Owatonna, MN

I have a 2006 tourney sport 185 and love it. I talked to the President of Alumacraft to have them build me one and he said no. but if they get enough interest they would build some in the near future. I would buy one if they did it in 2014.

wisdavis

I have a tournament pro 185 and I don’t understand the trophy over tournament issue. Two different boats from my perspective. Trophy better for big lake and family while tournamenet pro better for bass and walleye. Low sides on the tournament makes it easier to control in the wind. I love mine. Hooked up with a 150 etec and it is absolutely everything I need. Hope they bring them back.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.