Alma Float

• buschman
    Pool 2

Hi all, I am just curious. I have always wanted to drop a line off this fishing float.

If your down there is it easy to get to and just take a couple hours or is it best to spend some time. I just wasn’t sure how easy access and parking is?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You will need a boat or take the water taxi to get to the float. That’s about all I know about Bman.

buschman
    Pool 2

You will need a boat or take the water taxi to get to the float. That’s about all I know about Bman.

I was looking at that. I have a group that wanted to fish it sometime but they wont make it too long. Curious how often the boat taxi runs back and fourth.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It’s been years…like 20+

I do know the shuttle boat runs the short distance relatively often. I also know that April is a phenomenal month out there. I’ve seen guys getting jumbo perch (legitimate 12-14″ fish) faster than they can rebait and cast.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Call Taylor the new owner at 507 398-7037 for details.
    He’s eager to get people out there for the first time.
    It can be a fun spot when conditions are right…just like any fishery.
    The shuttle will pick you up from the landing when you raise the board he can see from the float.
    First shuttle is 7 AM and I think they stay open until 5 PM.

buschman
    Pool 2

Thanks guys!

I did call and leave Taylor a VM. Seem pretty easy. I was worried it might be a scenario with the kids or others get the itch to go and would have to wait an hour or two. I only hear good things about it so wanted to give it a shot when were down that way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.