Algoma Charter in Late August

• zooks

A few of my friends and I are kicking around going out there around Aug 20, depending on open dates, and wanted to get an idea of everyone’s preferred charter and why -or- if there are any charters to avoid. Would like to get something booked at the NW Sportshow if possible.

I’ve fished with two different outfits and will keep them nameless just to avoid confirmation bias. I also know that Kinn’s were affected by the harbor fire the most and I don’t have any info on what their fleet will look like and/or if it will affect availability with other charters.

Any and all info is welcome, feel free to PM if you’d prefer, thanks in advance.

Buckeye86
    Inactive

Kinns fleet is just fine they now have 11 boats I believe. That time of year can be very hit or miss all depends on the weather. Last year a lot of the fish were gone by then

Ryan

Kinns is/will be back to full strength before the start of the season. Last time I talked with Troy he was finishing up last boat. I fish out of Kewaunee all summer. Last 2 summers the best bite was June through beginning of August. Who knows what this year will bring.

shockers
    Rochester

Sorta unrelated, but if you get a chance, the Ahnapee Brewery in Algoma is really great.

Stopped there a couple times while we (mostly unsuccessfully) tried shore fishing for salmon etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.