Walleye action is HOT

• sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

Well guys and gals there is a time in a person’s life when the star’s come together and the fish gods finally let you land a nice one! I landed a personal best this weekend in the Palisade area with a 29” walleye. I have also decided to finally put one on the wall. Even though this one is a bit skinny the fishing company was at its finest! I had the fine opportunity to have my oldest son net him while my long time fishing partner held the light. When the fish finally surfaced you could of heard a pin drop in our boat. When the fish hit the floor of the boat it sounded and looked a lot like Chuck Liddell winning over Randy Cloture! I can tell you it was one of 7 beautiful fish landed that night. 29, 24, 19, 17, 16,16 and 15. I think we could of stayed longer but we did not have a camera in the boat so we headed back for a photo session. We are still using plastics trolling 1.2 to 1.5 mph and good boat control. I can not say it enough how important it is to know your GPS and locator. On a side not after a good fish fight and celebration at night you might just look up and be lost!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats on a great trophy!!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Congrats on your personal best.

-J.

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Congrats on a beautiful fish! Hopefully you can top that one again this year!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats!

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

Thanks guy’s! My number to beat just went up!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That is a nice bunch of fish.

rochelle_peterson
    Minnesota

Nice EYE! Would you mind sharing where near Palisade you were when you caught that monster?? We have a cabin on the Mississippi right outside of Palisade… We’re going up there on Thursday afternoon and I certainly wouldn’t mind trying to get something like that for myself.

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

I wish I could Rochelle but I must protect the smaller waters up there from being over fished. Nothing against you or anyone on the site. There is a slot limit that will most likely go into effect on Big Sandy and that will set people out looking for greener pastures next year.

john-o
    Hastings, MN

Sand Burr,

I appreciate your response. I have been fishing that area for 35 years and have seen first hand what can happen to a smaller body of water when the word “gets out” on the internet. I think sharing reports and methods is great, but we all need to help protect the resource, especially the smaller lakes and rivers.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Great job! Congrats!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.