Advice on getting started with Quick Draw

• GoldWinger

Newbie to Garmin. have new 93 EchoMap SV awaiting installation
    So far, a little confused on Quick Draw and built in maps. Assuming most of small lakes I fish around home won’t be accurately mapped, so looking forward to learning Quick Draw Can someone point me to current threads/“tutorials”on Quick Draw? Most I found are a couple years old
    Confused also on need for blank SD card or not If I record on SD card can I remove it and plug into buddy’s identical unit?

Also, current advice on Lake of the Woods accuracy (US side) of base map vs purchased lake chips

Thanks in advance

The newest 93sv version should now have Navionics data rolled into the LakeVu maps (G3), so it should be pretty good on LOW. If you have an older set, it can be upgraded.

I think the 2yr old quick draw mapping info is still accurate. Basically you just turn it on and it will build a map, or write over an existing map. You need a card; you should be able to move that to a second unit or transfer through Garmin Connect using the Quickdraw Community feature.

From map hit: Menu>quickdraw contours>start recording

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Gold
    What Fishwater said was accurate.
    I added a 73SV Plus to put in the front of my boat.
    I have put it all in a few weeks ago, but have not
    had it on the water yet. (Yes, soon)
    Tech support walked me throught the software update.
    I got my unit on a big sale at Cabela’s. Tech support
    said because mine has the G2 mapping. When you register
    your unit, you can find out if you have G2 or the newest
    G3 mapping. If you have G2, you have 12 months from
    date of purchase to do a FREE download of the G3. I used
    the home computer, download to an SD card, then card is
    put in unit to upload. I was told that the SD card has to stay
    in unit, for my 73SV to read the G3 maps. There is only one
    card slot, so I may redownload the G3 maps onto a 32 size SD,
    (that is largest usable), I only had a 16; so I have more room for quickdraw
    mapping. Just select QuickDraw, and unit will start to draw
    new actual under you contours. It puts them on an SD card in
    slot. If you have the G3 mapping in your 93, you will just need to have
    a blank card in the slot to store your QuickDraw mapping.
    hope that helps,
    Jack

catnip
    south metro

All the above sounds correct. One thing i will add is in order for quick draw to work you need to have a chart screen on. So if you have a 50/50 split with side and down quick draw will not work.

Tgallant

All the above sounds correct. One thing i will add is in order for quick draw to work you need to have a chart screen on. So if you have a 50/50 split with side and down quick draw will not work.

That’s strange. I often run quick draw when I’m in a river. All the lakes I fish are already in the maps provided. When I fish the river I turn of quick draw and can then exit out of the mapping screen and go straight into side scan and it will still draw the bottom for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.