!7" Rev-4 prop on MX1825 F-150 review.

• pale ryder
    NULL

I recently added a kicker and the extra weight made me want a different prop.
    The 3 blade 13-3/4 diameter 19 pitch Reliance SDS gave a poor hole shot but top speed was 47 at 5600 rpms.
    After much deliberation I decided on a 14-5/8 diameter 17 pitch Rev 4 with a Flo-torque IV hub.
    Hole shot is much better and the highest speed I have seen so far is 45 at 5850 rpms.
    There is a little more clunk when shifting but not bad. I did not notice any prop chatter.
    The ride of the boat changed to a flatter ride. more stern lift and less bow lift. The result seems to be a softer ride.
    Handling is very good, but was not bad before.
    I an able to trim up all the way without problems But prefer the ride at about 3/4 at wide open. Less speed I use less trim.
    Gas mileage fell a little from 4.8 to 4.4. But I that could be due more to wind than the prop.

The boat tends to porpoise if I trim up much at lower planning speeds in waves, so I think I am going yo move the motor up one hole to the max height.

Overall I am happy with the Rev 4.

Gregk9
    Far Northern IL

Glad you’re happy with it. I have a kicker and talon on mine. Top speed so far has been 6.1 MPH – LOL. Haven’t been on a lake where I can use the F-150 yet. I’ll report back when I can get that big motor going.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.