5×3 people gotta know

• Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

Tournament today went great.That being said the recreational boaters were not the smartest.They always gave us the dirty look when blasting by them.Not thinking there could be a tournament on the line.I know this was a club tournament but still this is how some very few lucky ones pay the bills.And money is on the line especially during major tournaments. Just kind of ranting but still 5×3 means get outta the way by 2:30 at least.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

News flash kid, blasting by people just because you are in a tournament will get you more enemies then kicking their dog. Me nor anybody else cares if you win or not. Common courtesy takes priority over money. I’ve fished club events in the past, it’s just as easy to come off plane and ease past somebody anchored up plus you will sleep better knowing you did the right thing.

Slow down, life is long live it right.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Awww, so you got a couple dirty looks. Did you ever consider you could swamp a smaller boat “blasting by them”. If your fishing a club tournament “to pay bills” I’d suggest you get a real job.

riverrat56
    New Ulm, MN

Having money on the line doesn’t give you the right of way and it definitely isn’t a free pass to be an A hole.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I agree. No one person has priority on the water over another regardless of what they are doing. And who counts on paying bills with club tourney winnings?

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

What is 5×3?
    Lucy you’ve got some splaining to do.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Tournament today went great.That being said the recreational boaters were not the smartest.They always gave us the dirty look when blasting by them.Not thinking there could be a tournament on the line.I know this was a club tournament but still this is how some very few lucky ones pay the bills.And money is on the line especially during major tournaments. Just kind of ranting but still 5×3 means get outta the way by 2:30 at least.

I can’t imagine anyone here is going to support you.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Did he really write this or am I in a dream?

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

I would take a deep breath and consider deleting your post before you get 5 pages of responses your not going to like, or BK does it for you. Your new to the tournament game which means you have allot to learn. Respect goes a long way on the water and you will learn much more by listening than talking. whistling

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

Tournament today went great.That being said the recreational boaters were not the smartest.

Thinking maybe somebody else wasn’t the smartest!!! I highly doubt you are gonna find any sympathy by ranting on here. Your better off to just delete this post and move on and get over it. Plenty of water for everyone out there..
    Good luck

Iowaboy1

the waters are public,your type is why I keep a rod spooled with two pound line with a one ounce sinker tied to it.

kfrj01
    woodbury,mn

If you are looking for support here you aren’t going to find it. Correct me if i’m wrong but weren’t you looking for advice in guiding a few months ago you need to work on people skills before you ever fish for hire. I know your young so now is the time to think before you leap into the guiding business. Tournaments are being blasted every day because people put winning before all else ,slow down and enjoy the sport.

Thunder11

Please remove the “Wabasha, MN” from your location!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

So did you win?

coffee

Someone answer the 5×3 question?

Lundalakan

Your attitude is what gives tourneys and the fisherman in them a bad name. No one cares about your tournament save the few that are in it. Here is a news flash, you do not own the lake and have no more right of way than anyone else using the lake.
    I’d love to see you tell the judge ” some of us pay the bills this way” should you injure or drown someone swamping their boat or worse. A bad lawyer would have a field day with people like you.

smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

5 fish by 3 PM????

Get your fish by noon and you won’t have to worry about being in a hurry…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Do I get to run your car off the road on my way to work if I’m running late? After all, money’s on the line.

The fact that you’re in a tournament is about the dumest excuse I’ve ever heard for acting like a jackwagon. Nobody buy you gives a rat’s buttski.

Grouse

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I’m really glad to see these responses! Keep them coming! -)

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

We’ve all said and thought a lot of dumb poop in our youth. Hopefully Gabe takes these responses into consideration to adjust his perspective. That’s how u learn, right?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Duh?? Stop and think! You hear fisherman complain about rec. boaters all the time about this same problem. Courtesy is for everyone. It is not always about me, me, me! Grow up!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    With all the comments above,,
    What has gone around,
    Will come around.

Sooner than later.

Timmy

Yowza! I guess I missed the memo that that a local club tourney fee bought the entrants a bunch of ‘rights’ that any public water user didn’t get????

That’s funny.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

LOL! I think Gabe got the point. doah

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘5×3 people gotta know’ is closed to new replies.