2023 Lund paint job

• fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

My 2023 ADVENTURE SPORT 1775’s paint job was never clear coated. Tied my boat to a dock and the bumpers that I used wore through the paint. I talked to the dealer, they talked to Lund isn’t going to do anything about it. My son is a painter in St. Cloud and does a lot of boat touch up and is very familiar with Lund’s PPG 1 part paint witch means no clear.
    Has anybody else had issues with there paint

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Well that sucks and is unfortunate to hear. How long was it tied up at the dock with bumpers?

KPE
    River Falls, WI

none to speak of on 2018 impact. I’ve toured the Lund facility when they ofered me a job in 2021, I could have sworn they were using a 2k spray system but it could be model-specific.

I have mine wrapped in 3m pro series above the water line and it still shines like brand new. If you find an autobody shop who will do a boat, it’s really nice to have.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

Good advice but my son is going to repaint and clear it for me. It was tied up about 4 hours on Saturday of the opener from morning fish to afternoon fishing.

Ripjiggen

That thing would be parked right at the front door of my dealer until it was fixed properly.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

There is no Tin boat I know of that uses a two part paint system.

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

What kind of bumpers do you use? I’ve done the same thing and never had any problems with my Pro V. I always snug it up tight so the bumpers doesn’t slam into the dock or the boat!

Umy
    South Metro

Mine either 2019 Impact
    I have a spot of dock rash but that was even with 8 bumpers down the side and the weather got REALLY nasty. The rest still looks great. Gets a water spot cleaner wipedown before I leave the lake every time along with a spray on wax about every 4th time.
    Looks great

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

The bumpers are the round ones but they’re attached to the dock. It was at a seasonal site.

stevenoak

I painted cars for about 45 years, a gallon of clear was less than $14 a gallon when I started early 70s. Now it’s probably around $500 with additives. I could see them minimizing the paint process. But if they use a single stage urethane, it’s as durable as clearcoat. But it shows scratches more and doesn’t allow a surface to sand and buff out blemishes. The few aluminum boats I repaired paint on. The factory paint is so thin, the aluminum shows thru the paint.

3Rivers

It’s not just Lund it’s most aluminum boats. The paint on my Kingfisher is terrible. Even bumping the rubber on the docks lightly will scratch it.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

here are some pictures

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2870-2-scaled.jpg

2. IMG_2868-scaled.jpg

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Looks similar to my 2019 1775 Impact after two weeks being tied up to a dock in Canada the year I bought it. My fenders were tied up to the boat, hanging but rubbing against the hull in wave action. Used rubbing compound to try to buff them out a bit when we got home, then several coats of wax. The areas are still visible, but not as bad as they initially were.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.