2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Vegas’s Mark Stone activated for Game 1 of the playoffs…

Attachments:
    1. Untitled.jpg

tswoboda

but holy heck was that entertaining and The Peg was hopping outside the arena!

That’s what’s so awesome about the Canadian markets. Big or small they all get nuts during the playoffs

CaptainMusky

That’s what’s so awesome about the Canadian markets. Big or small they all get nuts during the playoffs

Very true, but Smashville is the same way.

brandmoney

Rogers Arena was absolutely ROCKING in Vancouver last night. That was probably the loudest playoff crowd I’ve watched in a while, especially when they scored the second goal in like 20 seconds to take the lead. Glad to see the Nucks are back in the playoffs.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    but holy heck was that entertaining and The Peg was hopping outside the arena!

they literally have nothing else to cheer/get excited for…

tswoboda

Sorry for thinking it’s cool that Canadian cities get excited about playoff hockey ???

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Well at least I don’t have to complain about 9pm central time starts this April. jester

JoeMX1825
    MN

Sorry for thinking it’s cool that Canadian cities get excited about playoff hockey ???

oh I think its cool too, just saying after the Cup is won there’s nothing of note sportswise to get excited about in Canada…maybe the CFL…

JoeMX1825
    MN

really fascinating with what’s going on with William Nylander in Toronto…he’s been skating fine at practices but not with any lines and stayed out on the ice with the other guys who won’t play tonight…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Finally got a chance to listen to GMBG’s end of the season presser, he said his main priority this offseason is that he wants the Forwards to get bigger, stronger, faster…um how the F can he do that with the current Contracts/Players? If that’s his goal, then guys like Rossi are vulnerable, there’s literally no other choices…

Its funny how GMBG and Hynes danced around alot of the questions because the real answer is they need different players/more talent and they don’t have the Capspace or the Contract Flexibility to actually improve with…

CaptainMusky

oh I think its cool too, just saying after the Cup is won there’s nothing of note sportswise to get excited about in Canada…maybe the CFL…

Well they go nuts for the world juniors and probably the world championship so I would think they have stuff the cheer for.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Good lord Linus Ulmark… and to think most questioned the Boston coach for playing him…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Of course Stone scores in the first minute…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Stone schmone.

The real story here is pure goal scorer Ryan Suter just tied it.

Edit. Uh oh. Taken away by challenge.

basseyes

Ryan Suter didn’t score lmao!

basseyes

….and he still sucks.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Stone schmone.

The real story here is pure goal scorer Ryan Suter just tied it.

Edit. Uh oh. Taken away by challenge.

The only reason he almost scored was because he missed the center of the shin pad this time and got lucky with the outer edge of it..

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Toronto Boston is going to be great series. Only team I want to lose more in the first than Toronto is Dallas. The knights are just different with playoff Stone.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The only reason he almost scored was because he missed the center of the shin pad this time and got lucky with the outer edge of it..

There’s a first time for everything. Including the use of the words “pure goal scorer” next to Ryan Suter’s name.

Basically, I just want Vegas and the Texass Team Rustlers to beat the holy hell out of each other for the full 7 games. I hate Dallas and this whole Mark Stone LTIR scam to negate the salary cap and bring in players that the team could never have otherwise is just bullsh!t. The fact that Vegas has now been allowed to pull the exact same scam twice is just more proof that Gary has select franchises that he wants to stack the deck in favor of.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The Wild will be penalized $425k off next seasons salary cap because they went over this years cap with Rookie Incentives reached for Rossi and Faber, it could be an additional $212k if Rossi makes the all rookie team…

This will effectively give the Wild a $72.5 Million caplimit vs $87.7 Million for the rest of the league next season…

JoeMX1825
    MN

The latest Russo & Lapanta Worst Seats in the House podcast is a doozy… I recommend it.. they just argue about the players and prospects

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

With the move from Phoenix to Salt Lake City, is the hockey team there still going to be the Coyotes or are they going to come up with a completely new name?

Salt Lake City Coyotes? Utah Coyotes? Or something else?

CaptainMusky

They will not have a nickname. The former owner retains the rights for 5 years.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So they’re not going to be anything? Just the Utah or Salt Lake City hockey team? lol

CaptainMusky

Not for the start of the season anyways. They are going to ease into it. The professional womens league didnt have names either which is just dumb

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

With the move from Phoenix to Salt Lake City, is the hockey team there still going to be the Coyotes or are they going to come up with a completely new name?

Salt Lake City Coyotes? Utah Coyotes? Or something else?

Salt Lake Stormin’ Mormons

jack klusa

I no joke just stared at my TV with my jaw dropped for a solid 20 seconds after that bobrovsky save. Of course he robbed dumba too

CaptainMusky

I no joke just stared at my TV with my jaw dropped for a solid 20 seconds after that bobrovsky save. Of course he robbed dumba too

LMAO

Viewing 30 posts - 5,071 through 5,100 (of 5,216 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.