2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• CaptainMusky

Bottom line they had below average goaltending while having their top line be ranked among the top 5 in just about every category.
    Hard to think an extra 14 million in salary wouldn’t be a big help to this team.

The cap recapture is a worse infraction than the LTIR circumvention. This team has been hamstrung ever since. Now I hear Parise is retiring so had they traded him instead they would have been hammered even worse I believe.

Ice Cap

Good lord Matt Rempe is just a beast!

I was listening to the Sirius broadcast of the Rangers game last night on my way to the Wilderness game. Rempe laid a nasty hit on TVR and put Washington on the power play. The announcer went off on Rempe for a stupid penalty and said all the Ranger fans who want to send Tom Wilson to the electric chair better look in the mirror at Matt Rempe. I got a kick out of that!

jack klusa

looking back at past seasons I the 15-16 stuck out to me. This year’s team had 88 points. 15-16 team had 87 points. the 15-16 team made the playoffs. weird how he west pans out sometimes

tswoboda

I think that was the year Yeo got fired and Torch moved Haula to #1c and Granlund to wing? They got hot down the stretch and snuck in a weak west playoffs. Similar to the East this year, when either last year or 2 years ago every playoff team in the East had 100+ points.

Speaking of Granlund, I think he outproduced Rossi in his very disappointing first full season whistling

JoeMX1825
    MN

Sounds like Big Willy Styles comes back tonight for the Leafs, that should be a great game!!

This Florida/Tampa game was looking like a snoozer… not anymore!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Leafs gonna move on from Marner after this playoff performance…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Oh the drama in Maple Leafs land….

Its crazy how alot of NHL star players just dont perform in the playoffs….

Attachments:
    1. IMG_7081.jpeg

tswoboda

Its crazy how alot of NHL star players just dont perform in the playoffs….

And apparently they all play for the Leafs. Watching that playoff implosion somehow gets more entertaining every year. JT, Matthews, Marner, all of them just ghosts in the playoffs every year jester

Then you have McDavid, Drai, Mackinnon, Makar, Kucherov who somehow get even more dominant when the playoffs start. Kucherov not so much this year but his reputation is well deserved

JoeMX1825
    MN

There’s been an awakening in Colorado…

tswoboda

Avs scoring 5 or 6 goals every game, their goalie just happened to let in 7 game 1

Any questions on Hellebuck yet?

Ice Cap

The gap between Colorado and where the Wild are at makes the Grand Canyon look like a sidewalk crack. Billy really did Duhaime a solid by landing him in Colorado. Kid could wind up with his name on the Cup.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The gap between Colorado and where the Wild are at makes the Grand Canyon look like a sidewalk crack. Billy really did Duhaime a solid by landing him in Colorado. Kid could wind up with his name on the Cup.

it helps when you draft Landeskog, MacKinnon, Rantanen and Makar in a span of like 5 years… remember the Avs were godawful for like 5-6 seasons… once they started winning they get the better vets who are chasing a cup…

Wild fans freaking out after just 1 injury riddled year missing the playoffs…

tswoboda

In 16-17 that same Avs team with Mackinnon, Lande, Rantanen, no Makar, but include guys like Duchene and Jarome freaking Iginla and then throw Semyon Varlamov in net. That same team ended with 48 points and was the worst team in the cap era until this years Sharks who ended at 47 points. Make it make sense.

tswoboda

Preds signed 2/3 of their 1st line last summer for a whopping $7.5m
    Trotz knocked out outta the park year 1

tswoboda

Brock Boeser have a game applause

tswoboda

Is it weird that I’m kind of pulling for the Leafs now? Boston has come back on them a few teams down 3-1 so would make for one hell of a story. Maybe Toronto win the next 2 and then blow a lead in game 7 would be the perfect ending

JoeMX1825
    MN

Is it weird that I’m kind of pulling for the Leafs now? Boston has come back on them a few teams down 3-1 so would make for one hell of a story. Maybe Toronto win the next 2 and then blow a lead in game 7 would be the perfect ending

i’m not, I love the Leaf’s disfunction…even though I hate him, I love that it’s Marchand who’s beating them…

What’s with the mystery “injuries” their stars are coming up with? Nylander supposedly had migraines, if true, I can attest to dealing with those, they suck… but he’s played all 82 regular season games and comes down with them when the playoffs start? and now Mathews has some mystery illness he’s been dealing with? I wonder what they will say Marner has been playing through to give him a cave to crawl into?

tswoboda

I love Marchand, think his play is criminally underrated due to the extra-curriculars. Good chance that guy is a future HOFer and I think he should be.

Willy watch, then Matty watch, and now figurative Mitchy watch. Although Marner had a hell of a 3rd period goal. I think it’s funny how Tavares gets so little blame when he’s the captain and been by far the worst playoff performer of the core 4 over these last 6 years.

8 years of that team with 1 playoff series win. The playoff drama surrounding this Leafs team is grade A entertainment. It’s like the last 10+ years of the Wild but times a billion.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

8 years of that team with 1 playoff series win. The playoff drama surrounding this Leafs team is grade A entertainment. It’s like the last 10+ years of the Wild but times a billion.

It’s the hysterical ranting, crying, and eventual near-total loss of bodily functions of the Leaf’s fans–because in Toronto, EVERY year is supposed to be THE year–that makes watching the annual playoff implosion so entertaining. They are the ultimate in entitlement.

As any (and every!) Leafs fan will tell you, they’ve won 13 Stanley Cups. But the way they talk about it, it’s as if they think they’ve won the last 13 in a row. I wonder how many Leafs fans even realize the last cup win was 33 years before the turn of the century?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Well, the Capitals did about what I expected them to being that they were literally the worst team to make the playoffs, ever. All that drama with the Red Wings and Flyers on the final day of the season was nothing but over rated drama.

I think the Panthers move on tonight as well.

Crazy finish in Nashville. Up 2 goals and they hit an empty net post, and then the Canucks get a pair of EA goals and win in OT.

Assuming Vancouver and Edmonton each finish off their first round opponents, they’ll play each other in round 2 which will ensure a Canadian team will represent the conference finals in the west.

JoeMX1825
    MN

They are Canada’s version of the Yankees…always drama

Tom schmitt

In 16-17 that same Avs team with Mackinnon, Lande, Rantanen, no Makar, but include guys like Duchene and Jarome freaking Iginla and then throw Semyon Varlamov in net. That same team ended with 48 points and was the worst team in the cap era until this years Sharks who ended at 47 points. Make it make sense.

Your post made me curious so I looked it up.
    That horrible year is how they got Makar at #4.
    Having a random horrible year really does pay off.

jack klusa

haha I am in the same boat as you Joe. I don’t like the bruins, but I love seeing the leafs falter in the playoffs every year. The same thing happened in 2013. Bruins led 3-1 in series, blew the lead, went back home for game 7 where the infamous 3rd period leafs meltdown happened. I honestly have no idea how Toronto has blown so many chances in the playoffs. up 3-1 against MTL, took Boston to 7 games three times and lost all, up 3-2 against tampa… being a suffering MN sports fan, I enjoy watching other fanbases suffer on a level like us as well

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

How about the first minute of the Vegas/Dallas game last night!!!!

That’s what I like to see. Team In A Box and the Texass Team Rustlers beating the hell out of each other in a playoff death match. Here’s hoping it goes 7 games. The only thing wrong with these big hits is that Suter wasn’t on the receiving end of any.

tswoboda

That series might end up better than the cup final. Good chance the winner loses next round but those are two big, skilled and incredibly deep teams.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Bedard, Faber and Hughes are the finalists for the Calder…Rossi likely 4th or 5th…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Hidden camera footage reveals what it’s really like inside the Leafs locker room.

Viewing 30 posts - 5,131 through 5,160 (of 5,352 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.