2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• Ice Cap

I’m not buying that he’s hurt. They would not risk this kid playing through something that could be aggravated and turn into a season long nagging injury. If KK is lying to the trainers and saying he’s fine then he is doing the absolutely wrong and selfish thing.

This year is his welcome to the NHL year. Someone mentioned when Drew Doughtey was asked about him he half jokingly said he thought he was over paid for 55 games in the NHL. I think it’s fair to say lots of players around the league think that. They may not hold it against him because a rising tide raises all ships but it might give them even more motivation to shut him down when playing against him. Teams are fully aware of him and are focusing on him. Teams are doing a great job of keeping him on the perimeter. Room is being taken away and they are keeping him out of the rush. He’s getting frustrated and understandably so. Even so he has 5 points in 6 games but he is not the flashy player we seen last year. The ice has gotten smaller for him this year. It’s up to him now to figure out how to beat the defensive schemes the opposing teams are presenting him with.

You can only stop Connor McDavid for so long. Kaprizov is no McDavid but we will see how close he can be.

CaptainMusky

Yeah, it doesnt look like he got dinged up at all on this play. Surprisingly there were like 5 penalties in this one short clip yet only one was called.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I know, just brutality AFTER the ref’s arm was raised, almost like they all said, free reign on him as we won’t get called for two penalties…

KP
    Hudson, WI

I thinks its a combo of things for his slow start.

-he’s probably bruised up a bit from that hit
    -He’s trying too hard
    -Teams are targeting him and making him uncomfortable
    -lastly he’s annoyed that Rask is still on the team…

CaptainMusky

For those that missed Fiala’s horrible play on the dump in enjoy. This is infuriating. I realize he doesnt want to get plastered to the boards by Meyers, but there are many other things he could have done there.

Ripjiggen

I watched KK pretty close last night as you could probably tell by my comments throughout the game. I didn’t see that much extra attention against him. (Not saying teams are not doing it. Honestly he was hard to find on a lot of shifts because he was so far behind the play because he couldn’t skate. (or did not want to skate) He mostly lumbered around and could not keep up with the play and definitely could not keep up Zucc and Ek. He didn’t engage in but a couple battles and was just out of it overall. Not sure what was going on but something was not good with him last night and maybe the last two games.

Steve Kracht

I assume this has been asked, but I didn’t want to go through 1000+ posts to find the answer –
    Are the home Wild games blacked out if I have a subscription with ESPN Plus?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I assume this has been asked, but I didn’t want to go through 1000+ posts to find the answer –

yes, they force you to watch the local market channel for all its televised games instead…

tswoboda

It’s not home games… it’s games that are on Bally Sports North.

FWIW you can bypass the blackout with a VPN. I’ve watched every Wild game this season on ESPN+ by using NordVPN. I think the subscription is $3.50 a month.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I personally like it when games are on Bally instead of ESPN+. The one game that was on ESPN+ was so hard to watch with the monotone announcing.

JEREMY
    BP

Dont know how all the stuff works but BSN must use a weaker signal then FSN did cause damn i get alot of glitches and little freeze ups compared to what i used to get.

tswoboda

I personally like it when games are on Bally instead of ESPN+. The one game that was on ESPN+ was so hard to watch with the monotone announcing.

ESPN+ plays the Bally Sports broadcast, you can choose to watch the home or away team broadcast. It was only that one “exclusive” game where ESPN had their own broadcast team, and there’s about 5 more of those this season. I’m watching Lapanta and Carter on ESPN+

CaptainMusky

ESPN+ plays the Bally Sports broadcast, you can choose to watch the home or away team broadcast. It was only that one “exclusive” game where ESPN had their own broadcast team, and there’s about 5 more of those this season. I’m watching Lapanta and Carter on ESPN+

When’s the next ESPN+ broadcast? I might cancel my subscription until then. I dont use it for anything else since I have BSN.

KP
    Hudson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KP wrote:</div>

I did not know that but thats good to know when I’m not home and wanting watch them. Thanks for passing that along!

CaptainMusky

OK so the next ESPN+ game is in December and then spaced out nearly once a month after that. I dont necessarily need it so I might cancel it and join once again when they play. I mean that $7 a month will carve into my pulltab money.

tswoboda

OK so the next ESPN+ game is in December and then spaced out nearly once a month after that. I dont necessarily need it so I might cancel it and join once again when they play. I mean that $7 a month will carve into my pulltab money.

You know you can watch almost every NHL game on ESPN+ right? Hockey has been on pretty much every night at my house since the season started. I’ll taper off eventually but right now I’m still in hockey binge mode.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

When’s the next ESPN+ broadcast? I might cancel my subscription until then. I dont use it for anything else since I have BSN.

I watch all of the NHL games, plus there’s 3 SKA KHL games over the next few weeks so we can watch Khusnidinov, I also like to watch a few UND games, I miss those old WCHA days…

CaptainMusky

I watch all of the NHL games, plus there’s 3 SKA KHL games over the next few weeks so we can watch Khusnidinov

I keep forgetting about this. I love hockey, but watching other NHL games that arent on national tv is not something I am really into. I will watch the ones that are on, but I dont seek anything else out really. It allows me to get caught up on Gold Rush and Walking Dead -)

JoeMX1825
    MN

I keep forgetting about this. I love hockey, but watching other NHL games that arent on national tv is not something I am really into. I will watch the ones that are on, but I dont seek anything else out really. It allows me to get caught up on Gold Rush and Walking Dead -)
    [/quote]
    I usually just tune in to watch the other teams stars , Caps games are fun watching Ovi, Toronto games are fun for watching Mathews & the TSN guys between periods, etc…

Ice Cap

My wife and I have an arrangement. I tolerate her watching Judge Judy, Hot Bench and her other court shows in the afternoon and she tolerates me watching whatever hockey games are on in the evening. I swear Judge Judy could make a NHL ref pucker up! jester

Some games just don’t interest me enough to watch but I will usually watch anyone in our division.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

plus there’s 3 SKA KHL games over the next few weeks so we can watch Khusnidinov

You watch the KHL too? Are you a scout Joe?

I like hockey just as much as the next guy but KHL?

I like watching the local college teams when they are on. Gophers, Bulldogs, Huskies, Mavericks, Badgers, Sioux, etc. Most of them are nationally ranked too.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    plus there’s 3 SKA KHL games over the next few weeks so we can watch Khusnidinov

You watch the KHL too? Are you a scout Joe?

I like watching the local college teams when they are on. Gophers, Bulldogs, Huskies, Mavericks, Badgers, Sioux, etc. Most of them are nationally ranked too.

I got into watching CSKA a couple of years ago just to see Kirill play, it’s now migrated to monitoring Khusnidinov for SKA… I don’t play attention to any other KHL teams, it’s not great hockey….

tswoboda

I watched the first SKA game that was on ESPN+ and I’ll be honest, it was brutal. Super slow and methodical hockey, reminded me of dead puck era NHL. Olympic sized rink and about 5 regroups per each shot on goal. Zero forechecking or physicality.

Leafs vs. Blackhawks should be a fun toilet bowl game to watch tonight.

“John Doe” from the Blackhawks investigation is going public on TSN tonight at 5. Quenneville is coaching at 6 tonight and has a face to face meeting with Gary tomorrow.

Sounds like the Wild may have more staff or players out due to COVID protocol… they cancelled practice today because of it.

CaptainMusky

“John Doe” from the Blackhawks investigation is going public on TSN tonight at 5. Quenneville is coaching at 6 tonight and has a face to face meeting with Gary tomorrow.

That is a brave man to come forward and relive all he has gone through. Kudos to him. I am wondering how long it will take to find out who “Black Ace 1” is?

CaptainMusky

Hopefully its just coaches with Covid or potentially false positives. I dont like the look of this. Another day of rest for the guys doesnt hurt either.

Ripjiggen

See Russo reported that but Dean was on KFAN this morning and said he left the decision up to his captain if they were going to practice. Spurg said no practice. 🤷‍♂️

JoeMX1825
    MN

According to Russo, “several” player positive tests being being retested for confirmation…sounds like we’ll see Beckman and others get the call up.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Let’s hope it’s only a couple. I’d hate to see them get shut down for a few games like last season. Kind of saw it coming after so many coaches had positives.

Ice Cap

According to Russo expect at least two Wild players out on Covid protocol. Rau,Dewar and Lizotte being called up.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,051 through 1,080 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.