2022 Minnesota Vikings

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

rotflol rotflol Dallas seems to be doing a good job at that right now!

Tlazer

Wow. Dallas kicker has missed all 4 extra points tonight. Probably gone tomorrow

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Wow. Dallas kicker has missed all 4 extra points tonight. Probably gone tomorrow

Jerry Jones has publicly stated that Brett Maher will remain with the team after missing 4 PATs last night, and then making the 5th. Jones stated that his success kicking (I think he was a top 5 kicker) and body of work during the course of the entire season trumps his issues last night, and that they will need him moving forward.

I think the tune might be a little different if the Cowboys had lost by a FG, but since they didn’t even really need his 4 points, its more of a “oh well” kinda thing right now.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Delete, wrong thread.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

rotflol

Attachments:
    1. 91A753AB-75A9-43B3-A00D-E3BD5BF7ECC8.jpeg

Tlazer

Good one EPG.

Attachments:
    1. 84CF3082-CD99-4439-9A5C-5B3F4EFA0261.jpeg

Tlazer

I was on ESPN today that the Vikings expect Cousins to return next season. That is good news for the rest of the NFC North jester

Brittman

I like your selection of those two Viking women fans. I can tell you that there are no Packer women fans that look anything close to that.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was on ESPN today that the Vikings expect Cousins to return next season. That is good news for the rest of the NFC North jester

Wow what a great take…… coffee

Brittman

Cousins is durable. Not many QBs took more of a beating. Will say per ESPN, Cousins was head of Rogers in the end of season QB rankings. Cousins is the least of the Vikings issues around ability. Salary yes … then so is Rogers.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Cousins is durable. Not many QBs took more of a beating. Will say per ESPN, Cousins was head of Rogers in the end of season QB rankings. Cousins is the least of the Vikings issues around ability. Salary yes … then so is Rogers.

His salary is middle of the pack now. So even that argument is busted.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Like I said about Cousins earlier. He is a tough SOB. I’ve also said I have came around a little on not disliking him as much as I once did. All that said, Its hard to be real excited about a QB who has been in the NFL for 11 season and has a career playoff record of 1-3. Has thrown only 5 passing TD’s in those games, Threw 5 Int., lost a fumble, and was sacked 14 times in those playoff games. These #’s do not scream playoff success !!!

Ripjiggen

Like I said about Cousins earlier. He is a tough SOB. I’ve also said I have came around a little on not disliking him as much as I once did. All that said, Its hard to be real excited about a QB who has been in the NFL for 11 season and has a career playoff record of 1-3. Has thrown only 5 passing TD’s in those games, Threw 5 Int., lost a fumble, and was sacked 14 times in those playoff games. These #’s do not scream playoff success !!!

Either do the franchises he has played for.
    1 INT just sayin.

He is 34 and doesn’t have much time left either way.

Do you have a better option in mind?

CaptainMusky

I just read a stat that Zimmer’s defense gave up 427 yards last year while Donatell’s gave up 426 this year. That is pretty incredible considering they completely changed the scheme to a 34 defense and really dont have the players currently that excel in that type of scheme.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Do you have a better option in mind?

I ask this question regularly to people that hate on Cousins. There is no answer.

Washington has gone through 12 quarterbacks since they traded him in 2017. TWELVE. That’s what will happen here if he’s gone. Musical chairs at QB.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The Cousins argument is over now imo. He’s not making league leading money, he’s proven he can own the offense and run it very efficiently while constantly getting hit and staying on the field. People have this mythical belief in the SB winning QB, and they just don’t exist. Even Tom Brady, easily the GOAT, has failed more than he’s won, including the undefeated season when they had arguably the greatest team of all-time. There’s currently 5 guys in the league who have won SB’s and are considered the franchise QB for their team, Mahomes, Brady, Stafford, Rodgers and Wilson. And 3 of those guys (Brady, Rodgers and Wilson) have big question marks regarding their future.

Ripjiggen

I would also include Stafford in that mix of question marks. Kind of tough to be a franchise QB with a spinal cord injury.

Tlazer

Ok. Here to prove you wrong on the Packer fans. Both sets are fans are good looking I think.

Attachments:
    1. 7FD1A49A-9898-4490-8903-4C566F3F0A9B.jpeg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ok. Here to prove you wrong on the Packer fans. Both sets are fans are good looking I think.

They must have been visiting from out of town, or just passing through and were paid to attend the game and have their picture taken. We know they are not true Packer fans because they have all their teeth and are not wearing Blaze orange clothing at a football game. jester

Tlazer

LOL. Good one.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

If you really want the answer look up the rankings of the defense’s he’s had on those playoff teams. Trust me, it’s not pretty.

Also not sure how being sacked 14 times is on him? Everybody rags on Kirk because he be the PERFECT QB. NEWS FLASH. There’s isn’t one of those. And if you think Cousins going 31 for 39 for 273 a 2 TDs this year makes him bad in playoffs, I guess we have different opinions. He’s also only thrown 1 INT in 5 playoff games not 5.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

She’s even got an ice fishing spoon hanging out her belly button!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Donatell officially given his papers.

Brittman

Tlazer: Maybe the lady in front but the one behind her. God No !

side note: a warm evening Twins game … tough to worry much about the game.

Mahtofire14: I am glad they are not waiting. They need to start early and be aggressive in finding the right person now.

10 candidates to replace Ed Donatell as Vikings defensive coordinator

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Good riddance.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

They need to give Kendricks his papers too. He’s done. Lost more than a step this season. Got nburned every game in coverage and lost in zone coverage as well. One of the main reasons the middle of the field was wide open all season long.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I wonder if they could get Vic Fangio for Defensive Coordinator.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I wonder if they could get Vic Fangio for Defensive Coordinator.

tell me you’re not serious? the earlier that Ed moves out, the better chance we have a shot at a guy like Bryan Flores……tell me he is still available! give him KOC money to run the D. the Wilf’s got the capital to get it done!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

You will end up with Jim Leonhard and instantly notice immense improvements.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I get that Donatell had to go, but makes me wonder why he was hired in the first place and how thorough they were if one of the biggest hires is gone after 1 year. Especially when switching the entire defense, and getting the same (terrible) results as Zimmer the Defensive Wizard. Flores or Leonhard would be fantastic hires imo.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,111 through 1,140 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.