2022 Minnesota Vikings

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I need a Kirko Chill tshirt……

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

They’ll be 7 – 5 after the next four games.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

did you throw the lawn chair away?

It’s sitting on top of the burn pile. Been there a few years now. smirk
    If they go 2 and 2 I may grab it off the burnin heap.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think they lose to Buffalo and NE. They have had the Cowboys number for years.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Heard Josh Allen is questionable for the Vikings game. Potentially an elbow injury.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

I think they lose to Buffalo and NE. They have had the Cowboys number for years.

What about the Jets?
    Tough stretch for the purple coming up.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Excuse my math skills but isn’t everybody else in the division 3-5? So if they all win 4 straight and the Vikings lose 4 straight isn’t everybody tied at 7-5? If so the Vikings have beaten all three and hold the tie breaker.

Pretty early to get to excited, less than 1/2 way through the schedule.

EPG your smartest move yet might have been not letting the ex have your chair. grin

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Heard Josh Allen is questionable for the Vikings game. Potentially an elbow injury.

i believe Case Keenum is the backup????? i remember what happened the last time Case and Diggs got together

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The Jets don’t scare me much. Great defense, no offense. We just played a very similar team and it was pretty one sided until that ref decided to tackle our safety.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

On paper, this game at Buffalo is probably their toughest game of the season. Maybe the Philly game was up there too. Dallas is a good team, but the advantage will be purple at home. I don’t foresee a problem against the Patriots on Thanksgiving night.

Clearly the level of competition is about to move up a notch here the next few weeks.

Josh Allen will be playing. He bumped his elbow but its not considered to be problematic.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Who’s that #11 Dallas has on defense? Who exactly on the Vikings O line can stop him? I think he is better than anybody Washington had without Chase Young in the line-up. I wouldn’t have Dallas being a underdog.

Vikings should handle the Jets, Patriots…maybe. I don’t think they can stop Buffalo and Dallas will be a handful.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Who’s that #11 Dallas has on defense?

Micah Parsons.

Dallas has the top ranked defense in the league and he is a big part of that.

I’m guessing the Vikings will be favored by a FG being the home team. If it was in Dallas, the Cowboys would be favored by a FG.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Go ahead and call me a homer for this… there are better Qbs in the league and several elite WR, but of the offensive skill positions, who honestly has a better combo than

QB Cousins
    WR1 JJ
    WR2 Thielen
    WR3 Osborne
    TE Hockenson
    RB Cook

*And an RB2 who would start on a lot of teams

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Josh Allen will be playing. He bumped his elbow but its not considered to be problematic.

Not sure where you are hearing that. Did you see him throw after it happened? Sure looks like it could be a problem and multiple analysts on MNF said they are concerned. Hope not, he’s one of the funnest players in the league to watch.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I don’t expect we will see Josh Allen next week if there is any tenderness at all. You don’t take chances with a young QB’s arm. Case is quality backup. The Vikes are a scary good offense with Hock. He was the piece this team needed. Our D is coming around, and the rest of the division is a poop show. If we pull the upset in Buffalo, watch this team’s confidence go through the roof.

Ripjiggen

Excuse my math skills but isn’t everybody else in the division 3-5? So if they all win 4 straight and the Vikings lose 4 straight isn’t everybody tied at 7-5? If so the Vikings have beaten all three and hold the tie breaker.

Pretty early to get to excited, less than 1/2 way through the schedule.

EPG your smartest move yet might have been not letting the ex have your chair. grin

And who in the division is good enough to win 4 straight?

If you are a purple fan and you are not excited being 7-1 than you are just a bandwagon MN sports fan. Why not get excited it’s fun to win Dutch.

CaptainMusky

And who in the division is good enough to win 4 straight?

If you are a purple fan and you are not excited being 7-1 than you are just a bandwagon MN sports fan. Why not get excited it’s fun to win Dutch.

There isnt a team in this division who will win the next 4 games. These 4 will be a test for the Vikings, but I just dont see them folding up. They have proven us wrong essentially each game but 1 this year. Good teams have a tendency to do that.
    Allen is probably out if the reports are true about an UCL issue. That is what pitchers have Tommy John for and I dont think there is a chance in heck they would risk further injury unless they are certain its fine.

ThunderLund78

For a first year under a completely new administration, there’s reason to be VERY excited for the future. I’m not convinced we’re any more than a 1st round exit this year, but sky’s the limit for these guys. The new culture KOC is bringing is fantastic and these guys are having fun. We need to draft better than last year, but I’m willing to give some grace as KOM and KOC were only days or weeks in chair at that point. Defense is improving but I don’t think Donatell is our DC next year. We are getting the takeaways when it counts, though. I guess we’ll see what happens if we can add some talent on that side of the ball.

JEREMY
    BP

I hope Allen dont need Tommy John surgery. I wanna see the Vikes win but not that way. Ive liked him since I think it was 2018 when the Vikes played the Bills and he made them look foolish even though i had never heard of him.

CaptainMusky

I hope Allen dont need Tommy John surgery. I wanna see the Vikes win but not that way.

Right I want to beat teams at their best and not get an asterisk next to that win. With Allen in there its a lot tougher of a scenario though.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Was Allen already hurt when the Jets beat him?

CaptainMusky

Was Allen already hurt when the Jets beat him?

No he got hurt during the game. He was passing the ball and someone swatted at his arm when it was coming forward.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Go ahead and call me a homer for this… there are better Qbs in the league and several elite WR, but of the offensive skill positions, who honestly has a better combo than

QB Cousins
    WR1 JJ
    WR2 Thielen
    WR3 Osborne
    TE Hockenson
    RB Cook

I’d say the Bengals, Bills, Chiefs, Cowboys, Eagles and 49ers would all be in that argument. Bengals, Bills and Chiefs QB’s are significantly better, which almost disqualifies any other position imo.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

QB Cousins
    WR1 JJ
    WR2 Thielen
    WR3 Osborne
    TE Hockenson
    RB Cook

Thielen is nothing special as a #2 in today’s league. I like him as a player but to say he’s more than average at his position in his role is a stretch. I think Osborne is an average #3 as well. JJ is a top 3 WR without doubt, Hockenson is above average for sure, and Cook is a top 10 RB.

This group is good, there’s no doubt about it. I would take the Bills skill group, the Chiefs, Dolphins, and Bengals over this group without hesitation though, and would consider the 49ers as well.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan wrote:</div>

QB Cousins
    WR1 JJ
    WR2 Thielen
    WR3 Osborne
    TE Hockenson
    RB Cook

Thielen is nothing special as a #2 in today’s league. I like him as a player but to say he’s more than average at his position in his role is a stretch. I think Osborne is an average #3 as well. JJ is a top 3 WR without doubt, Hockenson is above average for sure, and Cook is a top 10 RB.

This group is good, there’s no doubt about it. I would take the Bills skill group, the Chiefs, Dolphins, and Bengals over this group without hesitation though, and would consider the 49ers as well.

Yeah I’m a little worried about Thielen. He has lost a step this season which has been proven in his bottom of the league yards of separation stats and now he’s dropping balls. Not good. That’s why the Hockenson trade was so big. Yes he’s big and fast, but he’s got great hands too. We saw how much he opened up the middle of the field in Washington and that was after only a few days of practicing.

Justin Donson

Thielen and Osborne have not been very impressive this year, but with JJ/Hock/Cook I’d say we should be top 5 or top 7 or so. Hasn’t seemed to amount to any dominant offensive performances though, which hopefully changes.

Or maybe KOC is playing 4D chess and the offense is just pretending to struggle, so that in the playoffs we can really dominate. Right? RIGHT?

I don’t think you can touch the Tyreek/Waddle combo in Miami right now, those guys have been insane. They are on pace for 2085 and 1533 receiving yards respectively, and that’s with Tua missing two games.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Did you see him throw after it happened?

Yes. He tossed it 69 yards in the air, which according to next gen stats, is the longest pass attempted by any QB in the last 6 years.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

[/quote]

Rip,
    How long you been living in MN?

I’ll be excited when (if) they ever hoist the Lombardi Trophy on Nicollet Mall.

Viewing 30 posts - 541 through 570 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.