2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Marat has been crushing it for sure! I think he had 4 pts the other night. Maybe our 1C we have been waiting for?

Everytime I see a highlight of him, he appears to be getting smaller and smaller in size (

Why couldn’t he be 6’…. dude has a motor that won’t quit though…

CaptainMusky

No doubt, its a shame he and Rossi are both so short.

tswoboda

Another goal for the little pi$s missile, that’s 2 today. He’s playing really well lately with Golden Knights legend Nikita Gusev.

tswoboda

Hintz is so underrated, Robertson is finally getting some recognition since he’s putting up McDavid numbers. That line with old man Pavelski has been one of the best in the NHL since playing together, maybe the best right now.

CaptainMusky

Another goal for the little pi$s missile, that’s 2 today. He’s playing really well lately with Golden Knights legend Nikita Gusev.

Love that nickname!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Brodin now hurt…ugh

waking up with the injury just sounds like a deep bruise, short term injury but with McJesus coming into town this week could be a factor…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Lol, Rossi has a goal and 2 assists sofar in the 1st period of his first Iowa Wild game! Happy for the kid! That’s gotta feel good!

Ripjiggen

Been several articles out since Shane Wright was sent down to the AHL and the rush that some teams and fans are putting on players. Basically saying everyone thinks these pics are generational players and can immediately jump to NHL and how the NHL is getting younger and younger. I do think Rossi will figure it out because of the his effort and hockey IQ.

tswoboda

Beer league hockey out west last night. This game was absolutely nuts.

CaptainMusky

Sheesh nearly every goal was a deflection or a one timer. Fiala, didnt need him.

Ripjiggen

I hate when people say that.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That is a lot of goals for one game.

CaptainMusky

The Kraken are no slouches this year. I didnt see them putting up 9 goals in a game though.

CaptainMusky

17 goals in a game had me wondering what the most goals combined in a game were. 21 done multiple times. Wowzers.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Funny I heard “Shinny Hockey” the first time…

good lord, those two make me appreciate Audra Martin and Walz/Parrish and I never thought I’d say that… Did they get that guy from EU Soccer?

tswoboda

She did say “shinny” but don’t tell Twitter that lol

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2022-11-30-135819.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

You guys following the Pat Maroon vs Jack Edwards (Bruins play-by-play clown) story?

Edwards repeatedly made fun of Pat’s weight during the Bruins game telecast the other night, Maroon clapped back today with a twitter request to donate to a Tampa area mental health/bullying/body shaming organization in the name of Jack Edwards…Pretty classy response by Pat Maroon (he now jumps up a few spots in my book, I previously wasn’t a big fan) I’m sure he didn’t give a rats a$$ about Edwards comments, but his response makes Edwards look like the a$$clown he is…

Tons of the Canada TSN guys have jumped on the thread calling out Edwards…

JoeMX1825
    MN

For a team in desparate need of quality center prospects (Wild) This years draft is one of the best ever… TSN’s Craig Button just put out his current projected 1st round list and 10 of his first 21 picks are centers….If you can get into the top 10, you’ll have 6 x 1C prospects and 4 x 1st line wing prospects to choose from…

Attachments:
    1. test-2.jpg

tswoboda

I think Edwards is hilarious but I’m glad he doesn’t do Wild PxP. It’s more of a laughing at how ridiculous his ones liners and random tangents are (like last night) than thinking what he says is actually funny. Would find him embarrassing if I was a B’s fan.

The whiny reporters going after him about this are a joke, just trying to gain keyboard warrior twitter followers. Fat Pat (as he has referred to himself many times) is just playing into it, which I think is hilarious.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Fat Pat (as he has referred to himself many times) is just playing into it, which I think is hilarious.

That’s the point I was trying to get accross…

pretty much all of Canada is overly sensitive right now with all of the scandals they got going on…so yeah, everybody wants to be publicly seen as being on the “proper” side…

Edwards is a jacka$$ though, about as big a homer as Hawk Harrelson the White Sox TV guy…

Ripjiggen

The shinny hockey thing is funny. I coach a mite team and had a parent pizza party gathering. I told them the important things I want to build in and how I want to dedicate a day to skate on the outdoor rinks when they are available. I said we will run a drill or two and just play Shinny hockey. Apparently I am way older than every parent on my kids team because I got several emails complaining that I said s..tty hockey.

Ripjiggen

Kings put Cal Peterson on waivers. shock
    Didn’t he just sign his contract this off season?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The guys I play with call it parkboard. A lot of them are in their 60s. I’m familiar with shinny but this was the first time hearing the term parkboard.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Kings put Cal Peterson on waivers. shock
    Didn’t he just sign his contract this off season?

yep, 3 x $5….ouch!

Viewing 30 posts - 1,801 through 1,830 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.