2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• tswoboda

In fear of getting this thread locked, I’m not going to post the video but a certain old American dude got a full on standing ovation from the Canadian Parliament for saying he likes their hockey teams except for the Leafs ha I thought the reaction was pretty hilarious

Pretty much the only thing my kids know about the NHL is what they say every time I turn a game on “Dad are you watching the Leafs? We don’t like the Leafs”

You gotta love a common enemy

Ripjiggen

It’s all board work in ozone and break out in d zone. Being on your off hand is way more difficult in both situations and timing is the other big factor. Which time is not something you have a lot of at that level.

AK Guy

It’s all board work in ozone and break out in d zone. Being on your off hand is way more difficult in both situations and timing is the other big factor. Which time is not something you have a lot of at that level.

But being in the o zone on your offhand gives a better angle for shooting at the net.

Ripjiggen

With a direct pass sure, but that is a small aspect to playing D.

Ripjiggen

Keep your foot on the gas, everybody else is…any losing streaks right now can turn disasterous with how EVERYONE is playing…

They have a 6 point gap on Winnipeg and they have 9 games left. They are fine.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    Keep your foot on the gas, everybody else is…any losing streaks right now can turn disasterous with how EVERYONE is playing…

They have a 6 point gap on Winnipeg and they have 9 games left. They are fine.

Why wouldn’t you want to avoid likely top seeds Colorado or Vegas in the 1st round? That’s what the 7th or 8th seeds will get…

Ripjiggen

They will avoid the top seeds. Not sure they will avoid the AVs however.

AK Guy

Reminds me of Michael Strahan sacking Brett Favre for the sack record.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Mr TNT, all he does is score…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Is our 1st line even playing today? Haven’t heard their names called…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Thanks Vancouver for beating the Stars…much appreciated!

Ripjiggen

With the Jets also losing it would take a miracle for Wild not to be in top 3 now.

JoeMX1825
    MN

With the Jets also losing it would take a miracle for Wild not to be in top 3 now.

How do you figure that? (Unless you’re guaranteeing they win their division?).

Avs still have 2 games in hand, a home game vs Wild and a creampuff schedule remaining.
    Kings have a game in hand and have been on fire lately without Fiala, their remaining schedule is comparable to the Wilds…
    Dallas is a ? imo, they could easily heat up again and their remaining schedule isnt very tough..
    HUGE 4 point swing game with Seattle tomorrow and they have a game in hand.

Then the super tough road trip begins and there’s a high probability the Wild lose 3 or 4 of their next 5 games… they could very easily fall down to 7th quickly… I agree finishing 8th is unlikely…

Tom schmitt

The Wild need 8 pt.s out of the last 9 games.
    Winnipeg needs to win all of their last 8 games.
    This would give them a tie.
    This is realistically not going to happen so I won’t bother with the tie breaker.
    That would be the only way the Wild becomes a wild card team.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

Top 3 in the Central so no wild card.

Having a legit shot at the 1 seed makes the remaining games meaningful. Still can’t imagine this team winning the division. This has to be the latest a Wild team has ever been in 1st in the Central.

A positive update on kirill would be nice.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m personally surprised he hasn’t been skating yet…They could also just be playing it safe due to the great run they’ve continued to be on and the likelihood they are in the playoffs anyways… why rush back now, save him for the playoffs if thats the proper recovery timeline…

The next 4 games will tell the story for the playoffs…sadly they are super tough games…

Ripjiggen

This is realistically not going to happen so I won’t bother with the tie breaker.

That’s what I was getting at. No chance they are a wild card team. Which Joe was worried about after one loss.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

Avs still have 2 games in hand, a home game vs Wild and a creampuff schedule remaining.
    Kings have a game in hand and have been on fire lately without Fiala, their remaining schedule is comparable to the Wilds…
    Dallas is a ? imo, they could easily heat up again and their remaining schedule isnt very tough..
    HUGE 4 point swing game with Seattle tomorrow and they have a game in hand.

Then the super tough road trip begins and there’s a high probability the Wild lose 3 or 4 of their next 5 games… they could very easily fall down to 7th quickly… I agree finishing 8th is unlikely…

Seattle has nothing to do with it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tom schmitt wrote:</div>

That’s what I was getting at. No chance they are a wild card team. Which Joe was worried about after one loss.

huh? One loss?? I specifically said any type of losing STREAK right now can be disastrous in terms of seeding…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Are there seeding rules i’m overlooking besides Division winners getting the top 2 seeds?

Ripjiggen

Uh yeah are you feeling alright Joe. I am starting to worry. You may need a beach vacation. jester

JoeMX1825
    MN

Uh yeah are you feeling alright Joe. I am starting to worry. You may need a beach vacation. jester

what are the rules again?

NVM, long weekend….

Tom schmitt

Are there seeding rules i’m overlooking besides Division winners getting the top 2 seeds?

Top division winners get wild card opponents. #2 division plays #3 division.
    Nobody likes the 2,3 matches except Gary Bettman. He thinks it will result in more division rivalry.
    What it really does is create Cinderella story lines that end up with a horrible Montreal team playing a power house Tampa Bay type of final.

tswoboda

Agree the 1st round seeding is dumb but that has nothing to do with Montreal’s run. That was during the weird covid divisions season.

Wild either win the Central or get one of Dallas/Colorado. I still think they go to Dallas for first game of playoffs.

Tom schmitt

Yea their schedule the rest of the season is a lot tougher than Dallas or Colorado.
    Division win would be awesome though.

JoeMX1825
    MN

He’s alive….

Attachments:
    1. 28BB234C-62A9-479B-8128-DE4FB9519AE4.jpeg

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I certainly didn’t see a run of 10-1-4 in the last 15 the way the Wild were playing through January and now even without KK. What a run and takin full advantage of the Wierd-N-Wacky Bettman Overtime Bonus Points.

But then in the West, a lot of things are possible this year that wouldn’t be happening in the East. Almost feel sorry for some teams in the East that most years would be set up for a good run, but hold on to your pucks this year it’s going to be tough sledding in the EC.

Ryan Reeves the Goal Scoring Machine. Saw in the Athletic he almost did himself in with a new batch of smelling salts against Chicago and ended up almost losing his lunch on the bench. That would be just awesome, have a player on the IR due to getting some bad smelling salts and OD’ing on the bench.

If we can keep Hartman going and the goaltending doesn’t slump…

And please, somehow, some way, let Chicago NOT get Bedard. I just HATE tanking teams.

Viewing 30 posts - 5,041 through 5,070 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.