2016 Cast Net Application and Renewal

• steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I received an email today informing me that the MN DNR was now accepting 2016 Cast Net Renewal Applications. I thought I would post the information for those of you interested in getting a Cast Net Permit. With one year under our belt those of us that got permits last year can hardly wait for this years season to begin. It is a simple and effective way to harvest shad for bait for cats and sturgeon. I am really looking forward to the shad season. It is an awesome bait. Here is the info on the permit process.

The 2016 Cast Net permit application is now available online at: http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/permits/fishery/gizzard-shad.pdf Page 2 of the permit application provides all the details about obtaining a permit and the training required.

The cast net season is from July 1- November 30th. We are now accepting application for the 2016 season.

This is the second year of the temporary regulation (expires December 1, 2017). Please make sure you have submitted your cast net reports, if you did not use the cast net your report is still due just mark that you did not catch any fish. We will use this data to write a report due to the legislature on March 1, 2018 to evaluate the regulation. A new permit will not be issued if you have not submitted your monthly report.

Annual invasive species training required. The minnow dealer invasive species training is now available online at: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/commercial/mdeinvasivetraining.html Please complete your invasive species training prior to submitting your permit application.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Sean Sisler
    MNDNR Aquaculture and Fish Health Consultant
    500 Layfette Rd. St. Paul, MN 55155
    Phone: 651-259-5213
    Fax: 651-297-4916

Attachments:
    1. 8-26-2015.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.