2013 Lund Impact Sport / Shattered Windshield – Driver Side

• Richard J Moore

The driver side windshield caught a rock or something while driving to Canada last year. I turned it into the insurance company and they cut me a check for about $500; however, I can’t find anyone to fix it for me. The Lund Dealer said they don’t have anything older than seven years! I was told to take the frame off and draw a diagram and send it to a glass company, but I don’t feel comfortable doing this.

Does anyone have any recommendations on who to go to because this is a curved windshield and is difficult to replace. We live close to St. Louis, Missouri if anyone has any recommendations.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

$500? From stories I have heard, be prepared for some sticker shock.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I wish I had a good answer for you. But all I can say is good luck. I tried for a long time to find a replacement windshield for my Crestliner fish hawk but had no luck. Seems windshields for older boats is a real problem. If Lund does not have one then you are probably stuck trying to find one online. If possible get a Lund part # for the old windshield, That may help in your search.

CaptainMusky

Yeah, I think you are in for a bumpy ride. $500 will not cover it from what I have seen. That sucks man, but good luck to you hope it works out.

MX1825

Did you try Great Lakes Skipper? Or Taylor Made Windshields?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t think Taylor will do anything for him. Best bet is Great Lakes Skipper as MX suggested. If they can’t help try and find a salvage boat place somewhere. For what it’s worth I think your insurance company hosed you unless thats what your policy was capped at. Those windshields are thousands and nobody sells just one side.

isu22andy

500 you forgot a zero ! I’ve heard they will total the boat in some cases. There are options however . I had a buddy that made one out of Lexan that’ll fool me from 10 foot away. Said it wasn’t fun to make though .. . Otherwise your other option is finding a salvage boat of any kind and making it work . I’ve also heard of guys going to boat dealers and measuring windshield of brand new boats of similar size and retro fitting the brand new windshield to the old boat but .. I’m sure it ain’t cheap . Best of luck . I run a windshield cover religiously on my crestliner now .

MX1825

There are several places online that make custom Lexan or polycarbonate windshields.

mojogunter

You should be able to supplement the higher cost if you find someone to fix it. You would need to call your insurance company explaining it can not be replaced for the amount they provided, and send them a copy of the receipt for the quoted repair. If they are a good insurance company they should pay the difference minus your deductible. If the adjuster gives you any problems you need for your agent to go to bat for you. Not all insurance companies are the same. I deal with them everyday.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If the adjuster gives you any problems you need for your agent to go to bat for you. Not all insurance companies are the same. I deal with them everyday.

That’s why a personal agent is Important. If your with a 1-800 company or with most independent agents, you are not likely to get much help.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I went through the same thing last summer, on a trip to Canada. Difference is mine is a 2016 Alumacraft. Likely Lund is a different animal. But, my glass coverage covered it. Dealt with a local dealer and they were able to order and have 1 side of the factory Taylormade windshield in just a few days. Insurance covered it, but parts and labor were just shy of $1k. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole process.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

As others have mentioned it’ll be a long journey full of awesome phone calls and emails… but it can be done. My cousin got one made for a 2007 Warrior- and current warrior wouldn’t support it because it was one of the models from the previous ownership. Took him about 8 months to get it all set up, ordered, and then delivered if I recall correctly.

The impact hasn’t changed much in terms of windshield over the years, I wonder if there’s a bunch of other model years that will fit?

Lou W

Last resort….a heat gun and some lexan

bigcrappie
    Blaine

You can buy the full glass for a 2017 or 18 but will cost way more than $500. Will have to measure the width to make sure they match tho.

Umy
    South Metro

I am way late to this.
    My 2019 same problem. Cut up some lexan and anchored the frame so I could use til the new glass came in.
    Have a 2019 though and got the glass through Lund so no help there.
    I have the costs and everything on my home thumb drive but $500 was a hose job.
    Insurance paid for mine and it was just under $3000.
    I can provide the documentation if that helps in any way. I’ll see where the glass came from if that is on the invoice when I get home. If it has anything helpful I will send it to you.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.