Youth hunt.

• Stanley

When my 3 boys were young and needed a parent to sit with them we always loaded the gun once we were settled in the stand/blind. When they got old enough to sit by themselves I told them they could load their guns in the morning before walking out but not chamber a round until in the stand. I found out my oldest was loading a round in the chamber before walking out. We had a discussion about it and he was told safety first or no hunting. Well as luck would have it he forgot to chamber a round when in the stand and had a very nice 8pt 15yds from him and gun went click. We still give him crap for it but I tell all my kids no deer is worth their life or someone else’s.

It’s not just kids either, I have heard many stories as I’m sure you all have as well about adults making mistakes weather new to hunting or experienced so this is a good reminder that we all need to do our part to be safe and educate others if we see something wrong.

CaptainMusky

When they got old enough to sit by themselves I told them they could load their guns in the morning before walking out but not chamber a round until in the stand.

I do the same thing with my boys.

Viewing 2 posts - 91 through 92 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.