Quick panfish report

• gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

I was planning on hitting the river last night but I did not get out of work in time to make it down to pool 2. So I grabbed the boat and headed out on Prior to see if I could get some bull bluegills and crappies. The bite was slow to say the least. I ended up with 7-8 nice sunfish, one went 9″. Once the started to set I switched to crappies and found a few suspened over a shallower point next to deep water. Nothing big, normal Prior sized crappies, 6-8″ers.

Not too exciting but better than sitting a on my a** watching tv. Water temps were down 2 dergree’s from the weekend. I can’t wait for the fall bite. Past couple years I have had some very good days chasing crappies before the lake freezes up

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Nice report.

I hope to have some bull gills pictures after this weekend. The sister has a cabin on a lake that gives up big ones. I am a little concerned that they still may be deeper and harder to catch.

gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

10-15 ft of water was the ticket for me last night. I just got home from the Cannon River. We got 3 small bass and 4 eye’s. Again nothing too big, but the eye’s were good eatin size, 14-16″

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.