wisconsin river back water

• eyenutz
    muscoda,wi.

went out for a little top water action this afternoon..caught and released 1 19 inch lg. mouth bass and 4 smaller ones. eyenutz

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

nutz, I was out this afternoon too on Woodman Lake, I couldn’t get any bass to bust topwater baits but the bluegill bite is fantastic. It seems no matter what you fish in the backwater you can catch them. Only managed to boat a couple of crappies though and alot of small largemouth.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

FTR nows has a Panfish Forum and your insight to fishing for them would be much appreciated by all of us. The same tactics used on the Wisconsin rivers will work on the Mississippi River or any river. We are all ears if you want to share with everyone. Thanks, Bill

basspack
    PdC, WI.

Do you ever put in at the landing up river from Muscoda? I stopped and looked at it yesterday. The stretch of river near there looks good. How is the smallmouth bite? Do you recommend mornings or evenings. I’d appreciate any suggestions, I’m going to try to get out this week sometime. I usually fish the Miss., but sometimes go up the Wi. or put in at down from Woodman.

eyenutz
    muscoda,wi.

the landing your talking about is a little tricky because of depth and current,mornings seem to be better but that can change just like the weather.just be careful on the wisco river its hard to navigate. eyenutz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.