Who’d Mount A Squirrel?

• Deuces

Been in my etsy cart for about 4 months…

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230202-204735.png

big_g
    Isle, MN

Is it just me or, did we start seeing black squirrels maybe 15 years or so ago ? I cannot remember ever seeing one as a kid and I hunted them hard ! I kind of remember seeing my first, at my old place in St Augusta and I moved there in 2004 so it was since then. Now I see them daily, especially on a drive of north end of Mille Lacs on 18.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I would agree they seem more common now. We also used to hunt them a lot.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

They are in Iowa, however, they seem to be in towns more then in the woods, which is why I was thinking about mounting it. You just don’t see them outside of attacking your bird feeder every once and a while, and they’re mostly in our Northeastern part of the state down here.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I mounted a few squirrels when I was in 6th grade for a class.

I hope the class was not Sex Ed. jester Sorry, I could not resist.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

What are you shooting there ? It’s a pretty gun !!!

As for a black squirrel mount would go great with a red and white as well. We have lots of all 3 around my house.

I’m guessing that’s a Savage 9317 BTVSS, which is made in 17HMR, 22LR, and 22WMR. Looks a lot like mine, but left-handed.

I first started seeing black squirrels about 20 years ago, but not in town, just near the cabin. I’ve watched as many as 5 simultaneously working the acorns on a hillside.

Attachments:
    1. Savage-9317-BTVSS-22WMR-with-laminated-thumbhole-stock-right.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Is it just me or, did we start seeing black squirrels maybe 15 years or so ago ? I cannot remember ever seeing one as a kid and I hunted them hard ! I kind of remember seeing my first, at my old place in St Augusta and I moved there in 2004 so it was since then. Now I see them daily, especially on a drive of north end of Mille Lacs on 18.

I remember seeing one at Crosslake in the mid-90’s and it was a big deal because no one had seen one before.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.