Celtic Frost
    DRI
    Hellhammer
    Mayhem
    Deicide

Mayhem was just here with cannible corpse. Last week if I remember right

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I hadn’t seen Megadeth since the 90’s and boy is Dave a real ham on stage now. Great musician though.

I saw them at an outside venue back in the day not sure what year, he sounded terrible we actually left early.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I like music that moves me and with my little DIY subwoofer I made, that is just about anything. That full pop can was not left in the enclosure.

Attachments:
    1. 20220818_090457-scaled.jpg

2. 20220815_150629-scaled.jpg

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

MY playlists are generally pretty eclectic. I like what I like. Since 2019 I have started a new playlist that spans half a year long that has songs or artists that catch my fancy at the time. The current playlist I am building is dominated by U2’s new album Songs of Surrender which is reworked versions of 40 songs from U2’s catalog. I’m not sure how many made the list. I also have several songs by Oliver Anthony and covers/mashups of Rich Men North of Richmond. Also on the current playlist: Dax, Tom McDonald, MC Hammer, Don Henley, Pop Will Eat Itself, Live, Death Cab for Cutie, Big Audio Dynamite, Colby Acuff, Duran Duran, among others. It’s got 115 tracks on it right now.

picklerick
    Central WI

Going to see Pantera and Lamb of God on 2/18. Scored some great seats, 2nd row outside the pit. Since Randy wasn’t singing the first time I saw them it’s technically my first LOG show. Never heard of the opening act and wasn’t too impressed with a Cowboys From Hell video I saw on YouTube last night with Zakk Wylde on guitar. I wish I would have seen Pantera back in the day.

Attachments:
    1. seats-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Oh the lamb of god, Pantera show should be sweet. For me seeing Phil anselmo again with Pantera is the good part, I could care less about Zak.
    But either way LOG will be awesome I’d imagine. Randy just has some awesome energy.

mojo

I never thought I would be able to listen to rap or hip-hop music, the beats can be okay, but the message was mostly vile. Then just a week and a half ago, I saw the Ben Shapiro/Tom MacDonald “Facts” video when it was released and now I have some Tom MacDonald on several playlists. Amazing what Tom MacDonald has done for music as a total independent, while all the record labels and the woke faction are attempting to destroy him – David beats Goliath once again.
    Check out his song “Your America” featuring Adam Calhoun for a little less intensity, but still with his strong America First message. He literally has hundreds of songs – it’s a deep rabbit hole, but worth checking out. The right message for Americans to hear at this time.

picklerick
    Central WI

Oh the lamb of god, Pantera show should be sweet. For me seeing Phil anselmo again with Pantera is the good part, I could care less about Zak.
    But either way LOG will be awesome I’d imagine. Randy just has some awesome energy.

While BC is napping after his new baby girl came along this morning, I remembered this thread. Lamb of God and Pantera kicked ass that night. I thought the opening act, Child Bite, really sucked. I couldn’t understand why they were playing the same stage but did some research after and saw that Phil Anselmo did some vocals on a 2014 album of theirs. If this show comes to your area I’d recommend going, but if you’re late that’s going to be OK.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I bumped some Chris Stapleton to the top of the playlist with the Mrs. having bought us and some other couples tickets for next month when he’s in MPLS again. The guy has pipes and sounds better live than on the radio – and that’s not an exaggeration.

Riverrat

I’ve recently found the extra energy I need to do chores by pumping up the jam and listening to various 90’s dance hits. This worked until Spotify suggested Spice Girls and I decided I should probably change my music directions. I’ve also been exploring Flava Flav and some of his young friends, very hip. Spotify just sent me an email for an epic rap battle between Snoop Dogg and DMX so probably listen to that while winding down after work.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Steve Root wrote:
    Blues

Me too.

Muddy Waters, Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, Johnny Lee Hooker, Big Bill Broonzy. Current blues, I’m really digging Larkin Poe.

If you’d like some current blues give a listen to Christone “Kingfish” Ingram.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

This worked until Spotify suggested Spice Girls and I decided I should probably change my music directions.

If you find yourself listening to the Spice Girls, changing the music is the least of your worries. You need to change the entire direction of your life.

I happened to be living in the UK during the reign of inescapable Spice Girls terror. I still have nightmares of being trapped in a supermarket checkout line with If You Want to be My Lover playing on and endless, hellish loop.

To modify a line from one of the best films of the 90s…It’s all been shite since Oasis broke up.

Deuces

Ever since my last summer trip hiking around in Appalachian country that woodsy bluegrass type music has really taken alot of my playtime. Me and the gal hung out on the couch drinking and youtubing billy strings, Steve seagulls, etc last weekend for way too long. Good stuff toast

B-man

Ever since my last summer trip hiking around in Appalachian country that woodsy bluegrass type music has really taken alot of my playtime. Me and the gal hung out on the couch drinking and youtubing billy strings, Steve seagulls, etc last weekend for way too long. Good stuff toast

We would get along mrgreen

I don’t listen to either on a daily basis, but some good stuff right there. Been listening to both for years. Steve’n’seagulls has some great music videos.

Their cover of November Rain is one of my favorites. When a music video has a dude carrying minnow traps in the first 10 seconds there’s not a chance it could suck peace

They have a bunch of great other ones too, Thunderstruck is my next favorite

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I love some back woods blue grass.
    And I also love some trampled by turtles and all that kind of music to. If you click my favorites on Spotify, you really don’t know what may be coming up next. And I like it that way.

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.