What’s on your music playlist

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I didn’t know there was anything out there other than Country.
    Morgan Wallen is at the top of my list this week.

Somebody’s Problem – The Belle sent it to me. I’m trying to figure out if she’s trying to tell me something. wink

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

70’s,all the 80’s,early 90’s but no country.Excuse me some of Toby Keith is alright.

Deuces

Somebody’s Problem – The Belle sent it to me. I’m trying to figure out if she’s trying to tell me something. wink

Better get her tickets for this summer at the bank.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

Better get her tickets for this summer at the bank.

OMG –
    and EC is from NC
    Just sent the Belle a text.

AK Guy

Blues

Me too.

Muddy Waters, Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, Johnny Lee Hooker, Big Bill Broonzy. Current blues, I’m really digging Larkin Poe.

brandmoney

Eagles, Kanye West, Glen Campbell, Mac Miller, Toby Keith, Kid Cudi, George Strait, along with some 70s one-hit-wonders.

Definitely a diverse group

eyeguy507
    SE MN

jason aldean, metallica, tupac, dre, boston, seger.

i am all about diversity and have a pile of one hit wonders. no blues, no opera, or the new rap garbage and we good.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Listening to some rancid, operation ivy, lower class brats, lars fredrickson and the monkeybutts, casualties, nofx, old punk mix today.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

It seems like many people here have some good taste in music. Some are questionable. I do like it all from heavy metal to country when EPG is over. I will pass on polka and some rap. I am not a fan when the N word gets dropped every 3 seconds.

Attachments:
    1. good-music.jpg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Dead South
    Steeldrivers
    Devil Makes Three
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Dave Ramsey
    Johnny Cash
    Glen Campbell

Dead South is going to be in St Paul this summer. At the Palace theater I believe.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Steeldrivers

Love Steeldrivers!

When I’m working I always have KFAN on in the background. Working in the garage its always classic country and when I work out gotta have Metallica going or Eminem.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Steeldrivers seem to make it to the Fitzgerald in St Paul about once a year.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I’ve been enjoying a coheed and cambria renaissance lately, but boat season approaches and with that comes big bass drops, alternative hip hop, all kinds of weird stuff that makes my speakers go boom.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Kid Rock – 50….

Bill Sackenreuter
    Devils Lake ND

I find myself listening to more Chicago,Guess Who 70’s stuff lately.But like all genres and go from listening to Jim Croce’ Time in a bottle to Rob Zombies Dragula in a single step.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I find myself listening to more Chicago,Guess Who 70’s stuff lately.But like all genres and go from listening to Jim Croce’ Time in a bottle to Rob Zombies Dragula in a single step.

That’s one big Step !!!

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

8:30 was extremely long for 1 side of a 45 size LP. A album is a whole different thing.

This is direct from Wikipedia – ” Even though the version of “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” released as a single was shortened from the 8:28 album version to 7:55, it is one of the longest songs to be released uncut on one side of a 7-inch 45 rpm record.

I see they did reduced the song length on the 7″ single. My confusion was referring to the single as an LP. I always thought LP literally meant “long play” which differentiated it from the other vinyl discs (i.e. single or EP “extended play”). I think of “Bat Out of Hell” as being the LP.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

No one gets hammered and wakes up with riff raff playing for some odd reason.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I could do “how to be the man”

But This is my new flavor of the week –

picklerick
    Central WI

Death Metal: the only genre where getting old makes you even more metal because you’re closer to death 💀

Cannibal Corpse
    Behemoth
    Entombed
    Vader
    Bolt thrower
    Napalm Death
    Carcass
    Deicide
    Amon Amarth (not really death metal)
    Sepultura

I think we’d get along just fine. Sepultura would be my #1 off your list. I prefer the randomness of Sirius/XM (Liquid Metal, Boneyard, etc.) to making my own playlists. Took my country music loving wife to her first metal concert a couple weeks ago, In Flames, Trivium, Lamb Of God, and Megadeth. I hadn’t been to a concert in decades and we both had a great time. LOG wasn’t the same without Randy on vocals but the show was still good. The singer from Fit For An Autopsy filled in due to Randy catching the c-word. I hadn’t seen Megadeth since the 90’s and boy is Dave a real ham on stage now. Great musician though.

Gitchi Gummi

I’ve been listening to this song a lot lately. It’s a good one and speaks a lot of truth about the world we are in today.

picklerick
    Central WI

Any thing metal. Lamb of gad is one of my top Playlists and on spotify that can go one for one awesome deep dark hole.

Ditto, only I don’t stream anything unless it’s after numerous beers. Really the only times I listen to music are when I’m driving or hanging out by our camper or around the smoker. Then it’s Sirius/XM’s Liquid Metal, Ozzy’s Boneyard, Lithium, Turbo, or Octane. Thus, no playlists for me. I guess I prefer the randomness of someone else making the playlist and I can just change the station if I don’t like the song.

picklerick
    Central WI

Looks like I’m repeating myself. Oh well. I guess I’m probably the last person that hasn’t heard that Rich Men North of Richmond song but I won’t go out of my way to hear it. I’m sure it will pop up somewhere that I don’t get to change the channel eventually.

Brittman

Dierks Bentley. The music behind the songs are exceptional too.

I missed him in his debut in the mid-2000s as my wife and I had mostly stepped away from Country Music for a decade / almost two.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Little Feat
    Stevie Ray Vaughan
    Robert Cray
    INXS
    Les Dudek
    Arc Angels
    Steely Dan
    THE Tragically Hip
    Kid Rock
    Smithereens
    Ted Nugent
    Pink Floyd
    Boston

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

I usually stream (rather than a playlist). Most often I start with Cinderella or Van Halen.

Riverrat

My music tastes are all over the place. Spotify occasionally has a seizure trying to figure out what I’m trying to listen to. The last song I added was Taco Tuesday by Lil John. I added it yesterday because it was taco tuesday, and his enthusiasm for all things taco including fajitas and guacamole. I also have a guacamole song from the Texas Tornadoes so eclectic is a good word for my music tastes.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I recently added a few new bands to my playlist. My fishing buddy turned me onto Nightwish and My daughter turned me onto Greta Van Fleet. My playlist much like Riverrat is all over the place. People laugh at me when they see or Hear my playlist !!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I think we’d get along just fine. Sepultura would be my #1 off your list. I prefer the randomness of Sirius/XM (Liquid Metal, Boneyard, etc.) to making my own playlists. Took my country music loving wife to her first metal concert a couple weeks ago, In Flames, Trivium, Lamb Of God, and Megadeth. I hadn’t been to a concert in decades and we both had a great time. LOG wasn’t the same without Randy on vocals but the show was still good. The singer from Fit For An Autopsy filled in due to Randy catching the c-word. I hadn’t seen Megadeth since the 90’s and boy is Dave a real ham on stage now. Great musician though.
    [/quote]

No one can match Randy’s vocals.
    I went to a suicide silence show that had multiple different lead singers singing mitchs songs. And randy nailed it. His vocals and pretty tough to beat. Alex terrible from slaughter to prevail is a new one I’ve been jamming. His growl is wild.
    `

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.