What’s on your music playlist

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I thought it would be nice to lighten the discussion topics a little today. Maybe answer what type of music is mostly on your playlist? And what are a few artist that fall a little outside of your primary music type?

I’ll start by saying 80+ % of my music is late 70’s or 80’s Rock music.
    A few artist that fall outside of that are: Imagine Dragons, Nightwish, Adele, Pink, and Billie Eilish – I think I’m getting soft and mellow in my older age.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

If you’re not listening to Turnpike Troubadours, your doing it wrong.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Money
    There will never be another ewe..er you.
    Tell me a story
    Most all meatloaf
    Smoke Smoke Smoke that cigarette
    Does your ring hurt your finger when you go out at night
    It’s hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your ass out all day long.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Rock, alternative, and metal are my preferred generas. My favorites will always be Nirvana, Hole, NIN, Violent Femmes. I also like System of a Down, Slipknot, Tool, FFDP, Mudvayne, Motorhead, Black Veil Brides, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Three Days Grace, and Skillet.

A few artists outside that definitely include Pink and Toby Keith, along with a song by Ellie King, Ava Max, and Foster the People. Sometimes I’ll hear a random song by an artist I’m not familiar with and I’ll like it, but I don’t always check out their other work.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If I had to guess, I’d think most of our music taste will be from the music Popular during our High school days. It seems the time that most seemed to start becoming really interested in music.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

I do not have a playlist – none. Why wreck a good day fishing with noise???

Snake ii’s

Death Metal: the only genre where getting old makes you even more metal because you’re closer to death 💀

Cannibal Corpse
    Behemoth
    Entombed
    Vader
    Bolt thrower
    Napalm Death
    Carcass
    Deicide
    Amon Amarth (not really death metal)
    Sepultura

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Cody Jinks, Sturgill Simpson, Halestorm, and Cody Johnson were the last 3 artists to scroll across my computer.

I’ll generally listen to just about anything (expect modern pop hip/hop crap). I don’t mind an occasional 90’s version of this stuff mixed in.

hdog3385

I’ve got everything from opera to Pantera including bluegrass and modern country. Sharon’s list is pretty darn close to a normal day though. We’d get along just fine on a road trip.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I do not have a playlist – none. Why wreck a good day fishing with noise???

Need something to listen to on a 14Hr. road trip to a Canada fishing location !!!!

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Currently, Aaron Lewis’ country offerings as I’m figuring out what music I can stomach for 6 hours in the truck heading up north that my uncle will also not mind hearing.

Normally more like:
    Metallica
    Gemini syndrome
    Demon hunter
    Volbeat
    All that remains
    In flames

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Death Metal: the only genre where getting old makes you even more metal because you’re closer to death 💀

Cannibal Corpse
    Behemoth
    Entombed
    Vader
    Bolt thrower
    Napalm Death
    Carcass
    Deicide
    Amon Amarth (not really death metal)
    Sepultura

Have to say I have never listened to any of those bands. Not that I know of anyway. I’m sure my fishing partner has. He’s a big death and heavy metal fan. Most of the music he listens to I cant understand anything they say and my ears are ringing after a few songs

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

While I listen to a wide variety of music, my favorite would have to be Country. Not that newfangled country from the 90’s to today. I’m talkin’ the older the better with an emphasis on the 70’s. I suppose it’s the stuff I heard as a child growing up on my parents radio………

Drives me crazy when the “oldies country” music stations are playing boring azz country from the 80’s and 90’s.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Any thing metal. Lamb of gad is one of my top Playlists and on spotify that can go one for one awesome deep dark hole.

Dan Baker

Audiobooks! Right now it’s the Lord of the Rings.

mrpike1973

The Who
    AC DC
    Yes
    Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Tom Petty
    Meatloaf
    Gun and Roses
    Guess Who

Classic Rock

Tanya Tucker
    Johnny Cash
    Porter Wagoner
    Vern Gosdin
    George Jones
    Loretta Lynn
    John Anderson
    Waylon Jennings

Old real classic country

I prefer the Classic rock the most

Jimmy Jones

Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly, The Who, Moody Blues, The Doors, Meatloaf. I’m getting tired of the so-called country of today and I absolutely refuse to listen to any of the rap crap. Occasionally I’ll flip a cd in of Irish Pub music…. instrumental, non-vocal.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m a little surprised by all the Meatloaf fans. Its not like he was a major star. I do have a few meatloaf songs mixed in my playlist

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I also enjoy bands like whiskey Meyers, Cody jinks, all sorts of classic rock and old metal, kid rock and everything in-between. But metal is my go To.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Cody Jinks, Sturgill Simpson, Halestorm, and Cody Johnson were the last 3 artists to scroll across my computer.

I’ll generally listen to just about anything (expect modern pop hip/hop crap). I don’t mind an occasional 90’s version of this stuff mixed in.

Our playlists are pretty similar. Recently Spotify helped me discover Amanda Anne Platt & The Honeycutters. Also an earlier name of the same group The Honeycutters. They are a heavy part of my current playlists.

Cody Meyers

While I listen to a wide variety of music, my favorite would have to be Country. Not that newfangled country from the 90’s to today. I’m talkin’ the older the better with an emphasis on the 70’s. I suppose it’s the stuff I heard as a child growing up on my parents radio………

Drives me crazy when the “oldies country” music stations are playing boring azz country from the 80’s and 90’s.

If you like 70s country give Johnathan Parker a try. He’s a newer artist and you can tell he had a bunch of Waylon records under his bed.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The thing about Meatloaf is if you put a dollar in the juke box and just play 3 Meatloaf songs you can monopolize the jukebox half the night! He had LONG tunes. peace

Yes he did. Paradise by the dashboard lights was like 8:30 long. I believe it was one of the longest songs ever on a LP record – I think it was even slightly larger than a standard record because of the time

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Yes he did. Paradise by the dashboard lights was like 8:30 long. I believe it was one of the longest songs ever on a LP record – I think it was even slightly larger than a standard record because of the time

Actually 8:30 wasn’t particularly long for the 1970s. I can think of several songs longer than 8 minutes and some that took an entire album side. The band Yes released a double album in 1973 (Tales from Topographic Oceans) that had 4 songs on it.

Brad Dimond

Kind of all over the place.

Allman Brothers
    Chicago
    ZZ Top
    Grateful Dead
    The Band
    Warren Zevon
    Willie Nelson, typically with his friends
    Dylan
    St. Paul and the Broken Bones
    The Dip
    The California Honeydrops

Last song to play was Roll Me Up & Smoke Me When I Die with Willie, Snoop Dog and Kris Kristofferson.

Gitchi Gummi

Totally depends on the day for me. Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of Tyler Childers and Zach Bryan.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Totally depends on the day for me. Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of Tyler Childers and Zach Bryan.

Good stuff there. Seen both live.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Actually 8:30 wasn’t particularly long for the 1970s. I can think of several songs longer than 8 minutes and some that took an entire album side. The band Yes released a double album in 1973 (Tales from Topographic Oceans) that had 4 songs on it.

absolutely right, with all due respect to Mr. Loaf, 8:30 hardly got you out of the starting gate in the 1970s.

Jethro Tull is generally acknowledged to be the long-listening champion with their 1972 single-song album “Thick as a Brick” which clocked in at a whopping 43:50.

The Allman Brother’s extended improvisational “Mountain Jam” also took up 1 whole record and 2 full sides of the “Eat a Peach” double album at 33:41.

I didn’t look up the exact length, but I know Pink Floyd’s “Shine on you Crazy Diamond” was over 25 minutes in its original format on LP.

Uriah Heep’s extravagant “Salisbury”, which featured an extensive orchestra and at the time set a record for studio cost budget blowouts came in at 16:12 and that was a down-sized version.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

8:30 was extremely long for 1 side of a 45 size LP. A album is a whole different thing.

This is direct from Wikipedia – ” Even though the version of “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” released as a single was shortened from the 8:28 album version to 7:55, it is one of the longest songs to be released uncut on one side of a 7-inch 45 rpm record.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.