What scope and magnification to get?

• Reef W

I don’t know anything about scopes and need to pick one for a 6.5 creedmoor savage timberline. I was planning on Vortex (but it doesn’t have to be) and want something that will work for both deer and coyote. I would think a simple 3-9 is fine for deer but don’t know what is appropriate for potentially longer range coyote. I don’t think I have any sightlines longer than about 500yd where I am.

For price I don’t want to go above a Viper so it’s pretty much between Diamondback, Diamondback Tactical, and Viper HS if I stick with Vortex. What would you get?

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I have a tactical and viper. Both are great. My viper has higher magnification and is FFP so it’s intended for longer range shooting. For MN, a 3×9 should be plenty but maybe you’ll enjoy a 3×12. If yote hunting in low light, consider a high mm to allow more light.

kbmwer
    Rosemount, MN

I have 2 of the tactical and really like them. One is a 4-16 and the other is the 6-24 which is great for longer range. I would agree with CC on the bigger MM which definitely is brighter. For the price they are really hard to beat.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.