Welcome to IDO!!!

• Dan Baker

I like IDO, but I miss the location specific sections of the other site.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Our current search uses Google until I have time to set up a better solution. If you hover over the search icon in the top right corner of the page you can enter what you are looking for. It will do a site search on Google for the terms.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Way back when I used to visit 3. One I got sick of because they seemed pretty intolerant and took themselves too seriously. The other didn’t have as much traffic as IDO. I find IDO to be opposite of those 2

Henpecked

The setup is a little different, but all the same sections are here, just scroll down to MN Lakes and Rivers (or whatever state you are looking for):

https://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/forum/fishing/

There is not a Duluth/North Shore area that I could find, but that’s okay most of us are pretty tight lipped anyway.:)
    I am also of those in the recent flush, but have been here for a couple years and learned a bunch. Left one site a couple years ago due to inconsistent/double standard moderating and one yesterday due to vaporizing threads. I Like it here and plan to stay for awhile. Same can be said for a couple other sites I frequent. Some great people on all the sites, but seems a higher standard here.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Way back when I used to visit 3. One I got sick of because they seemed pretty intolerant and took themselves too seriously. The other didn’t have as much traffic as IDO. I find IDO to be opposite of those 2

Pug, was one of those AI?

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Welcome to the new members, do not eat the Spam!

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Welcome new members. The great local information and ease of navigation on this site was my #1 reason for joining back in the day.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Pug, was one of those AI?

No, I don’t know that those initials would stand for.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

@Dave can you help these guys out with getting their usernames to show on these posts rather than their actual names? We wouldn’t want their wives to see how much they talk fishing online! Kinda like talking to Jake from State Farm at 3 am. Lol

Now we just need them to add “avatar” pictures rather than defaulting to that Amish guy cartoon. tongue

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Probably the hardest thing to swallow about this site. whistling

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>icenutz wrote:</div>

Probably the hardest thing to swallow about this site. whistling

The force is strong with you SPAM® lovers. ‪#‎maythe4thbewithyou‬

Attachments:
    1. May-the-4th-Be-With-You.png

BigWerm
    SW Metro

There is not a Duluth/North Shore area that I could find, but that’s okay most of us are pretty tight lipped anyway.:)

Lots of Lake Superior talk (in the great lakes section) but yeah not much for the inland lakes. Perhaps that will change soon. There are some hidden jems up there, similar to BK’s hidden love of walleye’s. Although his profile pic indicates he’s seen the light!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That cut deep.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Just trying to fit in. whistling

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I used to go to iceshanty and HSO as well as IDO a lot. Now I stick to IDO – just not enough time to keep up with all of them

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Mike fixed his problem.

He eliminated the whole “general discussion ” forum. jester

I gotta tell ya………he is a piece of work. He is a problem solver deluxe.

Welcome to all the guys who have moved this way.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I met him way back passing out business cards when walking out of a bar in Central Minnesota. I didn’t exactly get a good vibe from him, but it didn’t stray me from his website. Eventually, looking at 3 sites got time consuming and redundant.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Welcome to all of you new to this site guys and gals, just hope you are all Packers fans

big_g
    Isle, MN

boo………….. devil jester rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Found this in another area over there………….

There has been a lot of rumors and disinformation about myself and my prolonged absence from LSF. I’m not going to delve into specifics, but I chose to take an absence for personal reasons which I’d prefer to be private. All I can say is that I’m sorry that I’ve let a lot of people down in the course of me being gone. And I know that sorry only goes so far…

We have a great staff that’s been around for many years. I hope the members don’t fault them for what’s been my fault. We’ve lost some very good guys over the last few years for one reason or another. My hope is that they will join us again someday.

Behind the scenes I’ve been working on some repairs to the site over the last few weeks and updating content. There is still an enormous amount of traffic that comes to the site which is amazing. I have an overwhelming amount of work to catch up on. I’m nothing without LSF, and you folks as the members are what makes LSF such a great resource. It’s my goal to regain you’re confidence.

Thanks!

It doesn’t explain hanging his mods out to dry but he has at least shown up. I guess we can put this to bed now.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Am I the only one scrolling these comments that has NO IDEA what the other sites are that you all are talking about? I feel like I missed something… redface

As for this site, I’ve picked up more great tips and information on so many different topics over the years…and overall had such great responses-helpful, friendly, welcoming-to any questions I asked that I just keep coming back. Great, GREAT, overall group of guys and gals on here! Thanks again everybody!

-Rev

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Another new guy here! I’m looking forward to being a part of a good fishing website. wave

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Am I the only one scrolling these comments that has NO IDEA what the other sites are that you all are talking about? I feel like I missed something…

Nope, you are missing nothing. It’s all over with so I won’t bring the name of the site up, he doesn’t deserve the mention.

Welcome to everybody new!!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>reverend wrote:</div>
    Am I the only one scrolling these comments that has NO IDEA what the other sites are that you all are talking about? I feel like I missed something…

Nope, you are missing nothing. It’s all over with so I won’t bring the name of the site up, he doesn’t deserve the mention.

Welcome to everybody new!!

reverend, did you not look at page 1 of this thread? It’s mentioned several times, or are you just being coy? Regardless, as Dutchboy says, we’ve moved on from it. Is the sun up yet? roll

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

In reverend’s defense, I had to do a google search for LSF, HSO and RR. (just to get an idea of what other sites are like) )

My internet travels are usually mostly technical in nature. As far as AI goes I don’t think it is for Art Institute. (or RR for rail road forums) lol

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

What was the original reason ya’ll left IDO to go to LS? I remember when it happened.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.