Welcome to IDO!!!

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ve seen a lot of friends from another (dying) site come over to IDO in the last week or so. Just wanted to say welcome to IDO, you will find a lot more quality reports and better equipment reviews over here. Please feel free to make fun of BK at your earliest convenience, and appreciate the interaction from all the staff you see on the show each week. I know I do!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

May it R.I.P. devil

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Mikes working overtime. He just dusted the last thread, again with no explanation. rotflol

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Lol what a joke. It really just makes me more thankful for IDO!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

which site are we referring to? guessing HSO?

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Please do share…What is the site? RR

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Lake State Fishing

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

which site are we referring to? guessing HSO?

Brian mentioned Mike, so I am guessing LSF.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

What Mike has done over there is truly one of the most cowardly things I’ve seen in some time. First he leaves his Mod’s out to hang on their own. A mod bans @Steve Fellegy for linking his guide business in his signature(despite Steve offering to pay to be a sponsored guide). Then Mike shows up for the first time in months to throw everyone under the bus, except himself who had “personal reasons” for his months long absence. The whole time posting nearly daily on FB (not returning any LSF PM’s, Emails or FB Messages related to the website)and still entering FB arguments consistently, while HIS website floats off in the wind. Good riddance, just wish I knew the character of the person running it when I signed up 6 years ago.

Sorry for the venting, just glad to be here with some like minded folks, and some good dudes posting/moderating/pro-staffing on IDO.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

I’ve noticed an increase in registrations but also have been tracking failed attempts lately. It is now even more obvious where the registration form’s weak points are. I’ll be updating the form tonight to include additional information about what is expected. (like usernames being letters and numbers only)

Right now you have to actually submit the form in order to know it isn’t right.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Ironically I joined this site a couple months before the LSF crash and burn. Those of us that are (were) LSF members are somewhat saddened in that there were a number of us that had good discussions and even some camaraderie formed. But that’s how things cycle in the world, good and bad…Que Sera Sera…

I know there are LSFr’s that have been members here on IDO for some time and now obviously an influx of some new members. The trick (for me at least) is figuring out who was whom, being that some of the names have changed. Their posting style might offer clues… idea

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If we like a good laugh we came from LSF. jester

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

There are other fishing/hunting sites? whistling

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

There are other fishing/hunting sites?

No! Sorry for the confusion. We’re speaking hypothetically. D

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

Another new guy here.
    yay

Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

As I told another refugee from the “other” site earlier today, I kinda feel like a Syrian refugee that’s finally found some of his countrymen, but feels guilty not staying and fighting for the ”homeland”. Hey Andy. Oh well, viva la IDO.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If the homeland doesn’t want you is it really a homeland?

MNdrifter

Ha! I found you guys! I’m another refugee. Signed up yesterday. Just when I was getting good at the other place, now I gotta figure this whole thing out. Anyways, hi to all the old friends and, and hopefully some new ones. wave

Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

Hope they don’t put us all in a camp chased

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Hope they don’t put us all in a camp

I think we’re more like Canada in that regard. Also, I don’t think we can get LSF to pay for a huge wall to keep you guys out. LoL ;)

Ok it has been very very difficult to refrain from a bit of political connotation with this topic. D

Let’s not devolve to far down that particular road. )

BigWerm
    SW Metro

@Dave can you help these guys out with getting their usernames to show on these posts rather than their actual names? We wouldn’t want their wives to see how much they talk fishing online! Kinda like talking to Jake from State Farm at 3 am. Lol

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

I just flushed cache on the servers so any changes made to display names will now show.

I’ll take another look and see if I can’t hook into the code somehow to clear out only the data that is updated.

MNdrifter

@Dave can you help these guys out with getting their usernames to show on these posts rather than their actual names? We wouldn’t want their wives to see how much they talk fishing online! Kinda like talking to Jake from State Farm at 3 am. Lol

waytogo This would be helpful, thanks.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome guys! (from where ever you came from). )

Kyhl
    Savage

There are other fishing/hunting sites? whistling

Not anymore. whistling

I recently converted from a different site, other than LSF.

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

I gave up on two other sites about six months ago. To little activity to waste my time. Now if this site could fix the search to work like before I would be super happy. lol

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I visit several sites. Why just limit yourself to one?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Now if this site could fix the search to work like before I would be super happy.

Google is MUCH better then any site search I’ve used.

Just enter what your searching for, then add “site:In-Depthoutdoors.com”

Works great for images as well. whistling

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.