Webstaff – a couple more questions about the site

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I think that the Chequamegon thread is the same as the IA GD thread…

Thanks for the heads up Mark. I believe I have both of those forums open for business now.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

But we are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Are you sure it’s not the train grin

At this point I can’t rule it out. If it is the train I’m torn between turning around to run and simply laying down in the middle of the tracks and praying for adequate clearance.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Snappy speed here on the desktop and cell phone!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

When I recovered my account, I really didn’t. My old login was gordonk and my password was sirrusrods. You have my login as sirrusrods. Sigh. So, do I just live with the stupid nick, do I have to re-register or can you guys reset my original nick back to gordonk?

Sirrusrods / GordonK – All you should need to do is change your display name, which I did for you.

To do that, click on your current display name or avatar. Then click “edit” This takes you to a panel I’ve shown in the image below. Type in a new “full name” that will be visible to everyone. Don’t forget to “save changes” to complete the process.

Attachments:
    1. Screen-Shot-2014-07-09-at-8.31.21-AM.png

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

You can change your display name in your profile.

Briank is already taken though.

shamus
    Inactive

I was just trying to leaf through Salmon/Trout forum in the species section and I can’t go beyond page one. Tried clicking on the numbers 2,3,4…etc no dice and the arrow didn’t work either.

Sorry if this a repeat complaint. Thanks for all the hard work! I dig the new site!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I was just trying to leaf through Salmon/Trout forum in the species section and I can’t go beyond page one. Tried clicking on the numbers 2,3,4…etc no dice and the arrow didn’t work either.

@shamus – good catch! We were not aware of that bug. I did some addition digging and that same bug effects all the species forums and likely others as well. I’ll get it on the list. Obviously being able to access older info is important so we’ll certainly make this one a priority. Thanks for taking the time to point it out.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

When I did make the switch, I was shocked that all of the bookmarks transferred to FF and it was a 5 minute transition from the start of the download to using the browser. I remember saying to myself afterword “that’s the way is should be for everything…automated”.

@BeachBrian
    could you point me in the direction of some instructions on how to do this?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Google Fire Fox, go to their official website, (reading the directions is optional but recommended).

Shut your eyes as you click on download. Double click on the install icon. Clean your monitor screen and it will be installed by the time you’re finished.

I dunno, I haven’t done it for a few years, but that’s the way I remember it. Start with Googleing Fire Fox and you won’t be too far off. )

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

still pretty slow on my iPad. Also seems like posting traffic is much less.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

still pretty slow on my iPad. Also seems like posting traffic is much less.

I’m on Mac desktop + Firefox and the new site is faster for me that the old site. It flat out rips from one page to the next. We’ll keep clicking off speed improvements for the different equipment – desktop, tablet and mobile with coverage for all the browsers.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

@BeachBrian could you point me in the direction of some instructions on how to do this?

When you first instal a new browser on your machine, when it steps you through the process it should find the bookmarks from the other browser and ask if you want to import them.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

still slow for me………IE on this end

still like the new look!

big_g
    Isle, MN

painfully slow for me too….. I will keep checking back, but at this rate, I do not have the patience……

big_g
    Isle, MN

Pretty fast on my iPhone !!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

painfully slow for me too….. I will keep checking back, but at this rate, I do not have the patience……

@dudley

Big G – Give us some info on your platform – OS and browser, please. I’m in a dev meeting right now and we’re finalizing plans for getting the speed up for some of the older browsers. I’m on Mac + Firefox right now and the site is very, very fast. With some info from users experiencing slower page loads we’ll be able to get those guys rocking as well.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

IE 11 doesn’t seem noticably slower than Chrome. (Windows)

fireline
    Rochester

Will there be a marker ( like in the old one ) to the forums to let one know it’s a new posting to that forum without clicking on each site to see if any new post ?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Will there be a marker ( like in the old one ) to the forums to let one know it’s a new posting to that forum without clicking on each site to see if any new post ?

Yes. The dev team is hammering away on that right now. For the time being the expanded “Today’s Topics” are doing a good job of keeping people connected with the newest posts but there will be a “new post” indicator at the forum level in the near future as well.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fireline wrote:</div>

Yes. The dev team is hammering away on that right now. For the time being the expanded “Today’s Topics” are doing a good job of keeping people connected with the newest posts but there will be a “new post” indicator at the forum level in the near future as well.

Will the “Today’s Topics” continue to work like they are right now, where a new post on an old threat brings it to the top? Or will it go back to working like it used to on the old site?

Viewing 21 posts - 61 through 81 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.