Wanted: Terrova

• Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Anyone looking to upgrade from a Terrova, let me know. Looking for one waytogo

WW

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Not sure yet. I’d like a 101 but don’t need that much. Currently have 55 12v and it doesn’t cut the mustard. Worried if I buy an 80 that I’ll regret not going larger.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

What boat are you planning on mounting it to?

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Just for reference, I had an 80lb Terrova mounted to my 18′ Lund Pro V for ten years and never had an issue with it having enough power.

I believe I have a Terrova sitting in my garage that is not being used. Was planning on selling it anyway but need to look it over and make sure everything works. For sure, I have a brand new foot pedal that goes with it.

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

it will be on a 17.5 Tracker Targa

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Just for reference, I had an 80lb Terrova mounted to my 18′ Lund Pro V for ten years and never had an issue with it having enough power.

I believe I have a Terrova sitting in my garage that is not being used. Was planning on selling it anyway but need to look it over and make sure everything works. For sure, I have a brand new foot pedal that goes with it.

Tired of getting overrun by the current and draining my battery with an underpowered motor…. boat control is not good.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I went from a 70# Power Drive to the 80 Terrova and there was both an improvement in performance, and the duration the batteries lasted. I love the unit, the I Pilot is worth adding as well.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I really don’t think you need a 36v system to run that boat.
    One thing you need to consider is the batteries your running.
    I run Odyssey 31 series batteries on my Skeeter MX-2025 to power the Minn Kota I-Pilot bow mount motor. Believe it or not, its only a 24v system.
    No problems at all in my first full year of ownership.
    That’s a lot of full days on the water with the bow mount electric running all day long.

Thanks to Dean Marshall for turning me onto these batteries.

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

I have an opportunity to purchase an 80lb and a 101 locally, and the price is less than $100 difference. Both are lightly used and in excellent condition. My leaning towards the 101lb was obviously performance and run time, but also resale value…

I am very open minded, so if there are any other things that I need to consider please feel free —

WW

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I am thinking that you only need the 80lb with your boat. It will save you the weight and maintenance(additional bank from and onboard charger) of the 3rd battery.

But if space and money is not an issue, for $100.00 more I wouldn’t rule out the 101lb thrust.

FDR

kroger3
    blaine mn

I have an opportunity to purchase an 80lb and a 101 locally, and the price is less than $100 difference. Both are lightly used and in excellent condition. My leaning towards the 101lb was obviously performance and run time, but also resale value…

I am very open minded, so if there are any other things that I need to consider please feel free —

WW

Keep in mind that a 101 is 36 volt and 3 batteries and a 80 is 24 volt with 2 batteries. Dual bank charger vs triple bank charger. If I were you I would save the money and go 24 volt and put that saved money into a good set of batteries. You want power all day and then some then invest in pair of Odyssey batteries. Going 36 volt and skimping on your batteries and charger will be less effective then a good 24 volt setup.

I ran 2 different WX2000T’s and one had 24 volt and one had 36 volt and at the end of the day no matter where I fished I still had plenty of power left on both systems.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joel VandeKrol wrote:</div>

WW

If I were you I would save the money and go 24 volt and put that saved money into a good set of batteries. You want power all day and then some then invest in pair of Odyssey batteries. Going 36 volt and skimping on your batteries and charger will be less effective then a good 24 volt setup.

X2 on that!

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

WW

Keep in mind that a 101 is 36 volt and 3 batteries and a 80 is 24 volt with 2 batteries. Dual bank charger vs triple bank charger. If I were you I would save the money and go 24 volt and put that saved money into a good set of batteries. You want power all day and then some then invest in pair of Odyssey batteries. Going 36 volt and skimping on your batteries and charger will be less effective then a good 24 volt setup.

I ran 2 different WX2000T’s and one had 24 volt and one had 36 volt and at the end of the day no matter where I fished I still had plenty of power left on both systems.

___

That’s a good point, and something I did not give much thought. I am currently powering my 55lb with a Cabelas AGM Sz 27 – It’s about 18 months old. It came with the boat and they’re around $220 off the shelf. Would that be OK pairing with an Odyssey?

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

That’s a good point, and something I did not give much thought. I am currently powering my 55lb with a Cabelas AGM Sz 27 – It’s about 18 months old. It came with the boat and they’re around $220 off the shelf. Would that be OK pairing with an Odyssey?
    [/quote]

NO. You want the batteries to be the same size and age. Trust me tongue doah

FDR

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Are you trying to get me in trouble with the wife, or what? jester

kroger3
    blaine mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>kroger3 wrote:</div>

WW

___

Absolutely NOT! With a series battery system your only as good as your WORST battery in the system! Your currently running a fairly small battery so in my opinion you are getting about what you should for battery life. With battery size go as big as will possibly fit in your boat! Your expense is already there from buying one so its not much more to go bigger.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Joel,
    What are you doing with the 55#? Model, length, etc.

HRG

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Tell her “THANK YOU” for the early valentine’s Day present.:)

FDR

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

If I told her thank you for the battery she’d find out I got the Terrova, too…

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

It’s a 54″ shaft I believe… Don’t have use for two laugh

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

I made the same upgrade last year on my 17 footer and never ran my batteries below 50% after a full days hard use. I am running interstate batteries as I can get them at a great cost.
    You will not be dissapoint with the 80. My upgrade was my Xmas gift! roll

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Decided on an 80lb Terrova for sale locally… Just need to get two solid batteries to power the unit. Looking for suggestions.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

FYI for anyone else that see’s this:
    The Terrova that I had on my Lund Pro V stayed with the lund when I sold it. The spare/extra Minn Kota motor I have in my garage is a 70# Power Drive that appears to be in good condition but I do not have the proper female outlet on any of my boats to test it out. I have two food pedals to go with this 70# Power Drive, (one brand new foot pedal still in its original package).

Anyone in southern Wisconsin area running a Power Drive? Care let me test my PD out on your boat?

Breezy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joel Ballweg wrote:</div>

FYI for anyone else that see’s this:
    The Terrova that I had on my Lund Pro V stayed with the lund when I sold it. The spare/extra Minn Kota motor I have in my garage is a 70# Power Drive that appears to be in good condition but I do not have the proper female outlet on any of my boats to test it out. I have two food pedals to go with this 70# Power Drive, (one brand new foot pedal still in its original package).

Anyone in southern Wisconsin area running a Power Drive? Care let me test my PD out on your boat?

PM me! Might be able to help ya out.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I had an 80lb Terrova on a 182 Tourny Series Crestliner for years, never an issue. Sure, a 36 would be great on your boat, but with the additional weight and schematics of room needed for another battery, it’s really not needed. You’ll be fine with the 80.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Joel:

I got a power drive to the north of ya… Brad might have one to the south of ya, let me know if ya want me to contact him… It might be buried now in boat storage…

Mark

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Joel:

I got a power drive to the north of ya… Brad might have one to the south of ya, let me know if ya want me to contact him… It might be buried now in boat storage…

Mark

Thanks Mark!
    Breezy posted up higher that he may be able to help me out as well.
    I’ve sent him a p.m.
    Gonna see if that works out first.

Joel

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Picking one up tomorrow.

Ha! Watch out for that Brian scoundrel!!

I’d keep him on a short leash, ya know.

Just jerking your chain cause it is a way more effective than pushing it.

Ok ya know me @ CIA

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.