2 day pool 4 report

• gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

My Dad and I got the boat out thursday morning and headed down to Evert’s to see if we could put a few fish in the boat. Neither of us had been down to pool 4 in the winter before, so after talking with Dean and getting a few new ringworms and superdoos, we hit the water. We started up by the dam and were on fish right away. My first fish was a 14″ sauger pictured below. This guy hit a purple/chart ringworm. During the morning and early afternoon we were dragging down stream at .6-.8mph. As the afternoon wore on we found that superdoos tipped with a minnow was the way to get bit. Around 3 we started dragging and vertical jigging in 14-18fow looking for eye’s and came up with nothing. Got off the water at 5. We ended the day with 15 sauger and no eye’s.

I headed back down friday morning and got to Evert’s at 7:45. I headed straight for the dam to see if I could get a couple morre sauger before I went exploring. The fish were still there and a few were willing to bite. I ended up with 6 in the 12-16″ range. All theses fish came on firecracker/chart ringworms. About 10 I headed down to Hay creek and the Baypoint area. Spent an hour or so in front of Hay and another hour and a half at Baypoint. Had 2 good hits by Hay and had 1 eye up to the boat by Baypoint, looked to be in the 18-20″ range but she came un-buttoned boatside. About 1 I headed back to the dam to finish my day. When I got up there the trolling motor had frozen in the up position so I fought with it for a bit and couldn’t get it to move. Made one pass from the dam down past the 3rd wing dam with no results and headed home.

This was our first time fishing pool 4 in the winter and all I have to say is “does anyone need some good ice fishing equipment?” We had an absolute blast I have to send a huge thanks to Dean for getting us hooked up with the tips on what size and colors were producing lately. THANKS Dean No doubt I will be back many times this winter

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.