Pool 16 update

• evileye
    Milan Il

I just wanted to give a quick update to all you frustrated ice fishermen. After the warm temps we have had this week, the area from the dam to the 280 bridge is open, and a few small saugers are being taken on the Iowa side .
    The ramps at Marquette st in Davenport and the River ramp at sunset are both open and clean,but there is skim ice on the marina. Most the fish at the dam are being taken on Jigs and minnow and are small but if you are looking for a little bigger fish ,try the cannel edge in front of sunset marina. The temps are suppose to stay in the 40’s all weekend so good luck to all and have a happy new year

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Thanks for the update Tony! The river up here is opening up some, but no launches are close to being open. Are the wing dams on Credit Island open? I may have to head down there on Saturday.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

Tony, Thanks for the update, I was wandering myself so I drove down behind the old Dock restaurant,today, and seen several boats below the dam. I might have to do something Saturday. Ron Lamar

evileye
    Milan Il

John , The wing dams are open , but there was still Ice floating so you might want to take it slow if you go down river Good Luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.