Any luck on Pepin

• snelson223
    Austin MN

Has anyone had luck on Pepin in the last few days?

tbrooks11

Nope. I probably dont know how to fish it during this time of the year, but we caught a lot of fish in may and june in some spots around lake city. We went twice this past week and ended up with a couple small walleye/sauger, 2 northerns, 2 perch, and 1 smallie. We fished 12 hours each day.. it was rough

starvin pilgrim

I was out early Fri. morn. trolling. Every thing caught was small except for the Sheeps. The waters really stained right now. Water temp was still a little over 80. Hopefully this rain we’ve had this week will help.

shockers
    Rochester

Pepin has been a Dead Sea for me most of the summer, especially lately. I went out around Lacopulis Saturday and had a bit better luck; at least with the panfish (one nice eye). A buddy went to Pepin out of Hoksila Saturday and managed one sheepie. Ugh.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

After a morning of pike chasing and burning up 2 dozen suckers on pike, boating 17 fish from 3lbs to 42″, trolled from noon to 2pm and caught approximately 6 walleyes/saugers on cranks.

All fish released.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

After a morning of pike chasing and burning up 2 dozen suckers on pike, boating 17 fish from 3lbs to 42″, trolled from noon to 2pm and caught approximately 6 walleyes/saugers on cranks.

All fish released.

Well Damn. Nice job Gary!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I wish I could take credit……but the last 2 times out, it is my buddy who is catching the big fish.
    In the last 2 trips, he had 6 fish between 37 to 42 inches (a 37″, 38″, 38.5″, 40″, 41″, and a 42″).

Someone PLEASE tell me how 2 guys, fishing the same area, 2 rods each, suckers under corks, same set ups, and he KILLS me 4 fish to my 1 and he catches all the big fish. WTF!!!!!!!!
    Very humbling to be honest.
    Especially when it is his boat, so I’m buying the $18/dozen sucker minnows!!!! I get to “watch the show”.

To rub it in worse, he wears a shirt that says:
    “If you don’t succeed on your first try, maybe success ain’t your thing!”

Bob Gordon
    Washington,IL

LOL Some have it and some don’t.

cshurtleff
    Northeast Iowa

We have very good luck on Saturday we got 5 nice walleyes 22, 24, 18, 21,and 19. You guys are not going to beleive me, but we got them in 5 FOW in the grass using a leech and a blue dragging jig. Right in front of the boys and girl scout camp. I had my dad and my neighbor Jim with me. It took us 6 hrs to catch them 5 but it was worth it, then we spent the rest of the day and most of the evening catching stripers. Them are my dad’s passion. We ended up the 75 of them. Using Hammered Crome Little George. We got our stripers down from Pepin Marina. Sunday was a differnt story 1 15lb cat and 1 striper. I had a buddy come up Sunday after I told him how good we did Sat. very disappointing told him should of been here yesterday. Aint that the truth.

fireline
    Rochester

Do you mean the Methodist camp by point no point ?

cshurtleff
    Northeast Iowa

NO. Just to the east of Deer Island.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.