Vote

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Apparently the nation hasn’t hit its economic pain tolerance yet.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

If it’s not now then I’m not sure ever! WTF? flame

Michael Best

I was thinking the exact same thing.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

My two takeaways from the election results are:

How much the election results are being controlled by major metro area. Look at a map breakdown of any race in any state and you will see that 80-90% of most maps are Red. The only area’s that are blue are primarily major metro areas. You can go here to look at those map breakdowns – https://www.google.com/search?q=2022+election+results&oq=2022+election+results&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l2.6493j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8. I hope this link works or at least the cut and paste. If not just google search 2022 election results.
    Look at Georgia, Illinois, for examples. You can do it for almost any state for that matter.
    The 2nd is how important the right to kill a unborn baby is to people. It was the #1 thing most people who were polled were making their votes based on. Even ahead of the overall economy of the country. To me that is sad.

Well I’ve got to get back to work. Looks like there is a lot of people out there depending on my Tax money. And by the looks of this election results more of them everyday.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

My two takeaways from the election results are:

How much the election results are being controlled by major metro area. Look at a map breakdown of any race in any state and you will see that 80-90% of most maps are Red. The only area’s that are blue are primarily major metro areas. You can go here to look at those map breakdowns – I hope this link works or at least the cut and paste. If not just google search 2022 election results.
    Look at Georgia, Illinois, for examples. You can do it for almost any state for that matter.
    The 2nd is how important the right to kill a unborn baby is to people. It was the #1 thing most people who were polled were making their votes based on. Even ahead of the overall economy of the country. To me that is sad.

Well I’ve got to get back to work. Looks like there is a lot of people out there depending on my Tax money. And by the looks of this election results more of them everyday.

Here’s the problem. Thinking that republicans are universally better for the economy is a total myth. Tax cuts for the rich have never benefitted the economy and a lot of people, red and blue, just aren’t buying the trickle-down myth anymore. Not to mention that the national debt always gets deeper under Republican presidents than Democratic presidents.

Also, keep in mind, land doesn’t vote. Across the entire country, the counties that vote red make up about a 1/3 of the total GDP.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:<

Not to mention that the national debt always gets deeper under Republican presidents than Democratic presidents.

Huh? Have you been paying attention for the last two years? Im not sure always would be the best term to use there.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Reef Whooligan wrote:</div>
    Hell of a red wave

My auto inflate life jacket didn’t even fire. jester

The potential was there for more of a red wave. Unfortunately too many extreme candidates made it through the primaries and voters showed that wasn’t their preference. People who distanced themselves from both Biden and the Trump/Election Denier stuff on both sides seemed to have gained more voter support (with some obvious exceptions).

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Tax cuts for the rich have never benefitted the economy

To be fair, the Trump tax reform cut taxes for EVERY working American. (Yes, working is a key word here.)

-J.

Michael Best

I am not a rich man but i enjoy the Trump tax cuts very much so.

Our country doesn’t have a tax revenue problem. We have a spending problem.
    For years too many politicians counted on our GDP gains would offset our debt. Well in todays age that isn’t the case.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Look at a map breakdown of any race in any state and you will see that 80-90% of most maps are Red. The only area’s that are blue are primarily major metro areas.

That’s not anything new. The maps and voting have been like that since I can remember. The vote that generally decides outcomes of elections are suburbs. Rural are heavily conservative and urban are heavily liberal. People that live in the outskirts of cities and in suburbs have the biggest demographic of independent/swing voters, and often tip it one way or another.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Here’s the problem. Thinking that republicans are universally better for the economy is a total myth. Tax cuts for the rich have never benefitted the economy and a lot of people, red and blue, just aren’t buying the trickle-down myth anymore. Not to mention that the national debt always gets deeper under Republican presidents than Democratic presidents.

Also, keep in mind, land doesn’t vote. Across the entire country, the counties that vote red make up about a 1/3 of the total GDP.

I never said any of the above in my post. I never said or believed that republicans are better for anything. I don’t identify as a republican or a democrat. I identify as a Legal us citizen. I make my vote based on what is best for the country as a whole and not on just one thing that I believe makes things better for myself. I will not get into what the overall effects are between a Democrat and a Republican controlled Presidency, senate, or house.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That’s not anything new. The maps and voting have been like that since I can remember.

Then I don’t think you can remember real long. I will agree that metro areas have probably leaned blue for awhile but not near as much as it has in the last few elections.
    Just curious why you believe it is that way??? Why is it that you believe that larger Metro area votes mostly Blue?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

ust curious why you believe it is that way??? Why is it that you believe that larger Metro area votes mostly Blue?

I have only been voting for 20 years. So perhaps prior to that it was a little different but as you stated, on pretty much any state map, the majority of the map is red and then there are clusters of blue. That’s an obvious sign that urban areas are majority liberal and rural areas are majority conservative, is it not?

CaptainMusky

Just curious why you believe it is that way??? Why is it that you believe that larger Metro area votes mostly Blue?

Because that is where the majority of people live who thrive off the free handouts and want to vote for candidates who will keep them coming.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Because that is where the majority of people live who thrive off the free handouts and want to vote for candidates who will keep them coming.

Bingo!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That’s an obvious sign that urban areas are majority liberal and rural areas are majority conservative, is it not?

Yes. But once again why do YOU believe it is that way? Why are urban areas Majority liberal? I could give you why I believe that to be, but I’d like your thoughts on it.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Side note here. when I voted yesterday I had to sign a little piece of paper that I had to read. I think it was called a voter oath. How long has this been part of the process. I don’t seem to remember signing anything like it in the past. Then again at my age my memory is not so good.

CaptainMusky

I had to sign a little piece of paper that I had to read.

I had to sign something as well, but it was to acknowledge the name and address above the signature line was correct. Once I signed it I handed it to another person to get my ballot.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

But once again why do YOU believe it is that way?

For various reasons, I’m not going to say why I think its that way on this thread but I’m fairly positive we have the same views on why its like that.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Is anyone familiar with a “run off” like they are going to have to do in Georgia for Senator? I’m not really familiar with what a run off is and I can’t find much on what it consists of.

Apparently this so called run off may decide who gains the majority in the US Senate.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

FWIW Walz won the election by 192k votes. He won Hennepin and Ramsey counties by 351k.

Reef W

Is anyone familiar with a “run off” like they are going to have to do in Georgia for Senator? I’m not really familiar with what a run off is and I can’t find much on what it consists of.

Apparently this so called run off may decide who gains the majority in the US Senate.

They have to get 50% and nobody did, because of third party votes, so second round is just Warnock and Walker on the ballot.

CaptainMusky

I believe its treated as a second election all together. So people will have to vote twice.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Thanks Reef and Captain.

CaptainMusky

The one thing to consider though is these things would likely very rarely occur (which is true now too I guess) if the elections were watered down with all these candidates. I mean honestly who voted for the “legalize marijuana now” candidates when you know they have ZERO chance of winning and really pull votes from real candidates. Also a page and a half of my ballot were uncontested. Ridiculous. Couldnt even try to vote a judge out since no one else ran.

Reef W

The one thing to consider though is these things would likely very rarely occur (which is true now too I guess) if the elections were watered down with all these candidates. I mean honestly who voted for the “legalize marijuana now” candidates when you know they have ZERO chance of winning and really pull votes from real candidates. Also a page and a half of my ballot were uncontested. Ridiculous. Couldnt even try to vote a judge out since no one else ran.

Even dumber is Overby is dead.

blank

Yeah, watered down. Get outta here with those other candidates. A two party system is the best and its working so great!

Reef W

Yeah, watered down. Get outta here with those other candidates. A two party system is the best and its working so great!

Two party system sucks but ranked choice voting is the solution not spoiler parties propped up by the opposing major party.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Vote’ is closed to new replies.