Vote

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I mean honestly who voted for the “legalize marijuana now” candidates when you know they have ZERO chance of winning and really pull votes from real candidates.

Angie Craig*incumbent
    Democrat 165,581 +51.0%51.0%
    Tyler Kistner
    Republican 148,578 +45.7%45.7
    Paula Overby
    Independent 10,730 +3.3%3.3
    Total reported

Paula Overby died early October but still got over 10k votes. Died after the ballot was printed and not able to have name removed. Makes a guy wonder how tuned in some voters are.

-J.

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blank wrote:</div>
    Yeah, watered down. Get outta here with those other candidates. A two party system is the best and its working so great!

Two party system sucks but ranked choice voting is the solution not spoiler parties propped up by the opposing major party.

I don’t disagree. Ranked voting would be nice, but as we’ve heard in the other voting thread, there are some people who can’t figure out the current ballot. Ranked seems like it would be even more difficult.

I don’t know what the deal with Overby still being on the ballot, because two years ago the 3rd party candidate also died not long before the election and they removed him.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    But once again why do YOU believe it is that way?

For various reasons, I’m not going to say why I think its that way on this thread but I’m fairly positive we have the same views on why its like that.

Fair enough.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Still 55 House seats not called/decided yet. It will be interesting to see how that all ends up. Speaker of the house on the line there.

CaptainMusky

Two party system sucks but ranked choice voting is the solution not spoiler parties propped up by the opposing major party.

It does suck, but if a legitimate 3rd party candidate ever ran they would get a shot. I mean Jesse got in and there have been a few others. The problem is they are usually never a real strong candidate and with the money flowing into the campaigns of the other two parties it is an uphill battle for them.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I don’t know what the deal with Overby still being on the ballot, because two years ago the 3rd party candidate also died not long before the election and they removed him.

The reason is early voting had already started.

-J.

blank

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks Jon.

Umy
    South Metro

Another question: $245,000.000.00 spent between Walker and his opponent?!
    Are you kidding me?!
    Where are our priorities – thats shameful to both parties for that kind of expenditure.

And yes, we DO NOT HAVE A REVENUE problem, we have a SPEND problem ( like so many households and businesses that don’t make it)
    Everybody is indebted to someone who got them there and pet project and “personal gain” projects ( yes those exist, for both parties) make for a lot of wasted spending.
    How much of the Debt relief package is going overseas (really, how much?)

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

My God! Really stands out when you write that number out. What a waste of money

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Angie Craig*incumbent
    Democrat 165,581 +51.0%51.0%
    Tyler Kistner
    Republican 148,578 +45.7%45.7
    Paula Overby
    Independent 10,730 +3.3%3.3
    Total reported

Paula Overby died early October but still got over 10k votes. Died after the ballot was printed and not able to have name removed. Makes a guy wonder how tuned in some voters are.

Maybe, just maybe they are tuned in and think that a dead person could not do any worse than the other two choices.. coffee
    wave

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I saw this video about our election system a couple weeks ago. I think it’s appropriate for the current discussion. He goes in depth about how our system is flawed and what other countries do.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Im sure we are all gonna be thrilled by the actions of our now dem controlled state congress. Some really fun laws are going to be passed. It will be a party.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Umy wrote:</div>

My God! Really stands out when you write that number out. What a waste of money

Just imagine. They get to do it all over again in December. The only reason they are headed to a runoff is because the Libertarian candidate got over 2% of the vote.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Im sure we are all gonna be thrilled by the actions of our now dem controlled state congress. Some really fun laws are going to be passed. It will be a party.

Like what?

big_g
    Isle, MN

This morning I heard two that they spoke about was Legal Recreational Marijuana and Sports betting… 2 hot topics for me… crazy

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Speaker of the house on the line there.

Kevin McCarthy has announced he will seek the position of Speaker of the House today.

Brad Dimond

McCarthy is not an improvement over Pelosi, they are both idiots.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Current Senate seats are sitting at 48 Republican and 46 Democrat. Still 4 states to be decided. It currently looking like Arizona is going to the Democrats and Nevada and Alaska is going to Republicans. 51 is needed for the Majority control. So if my math is correct it will be 50 Republican to 47 Democrat with the runoff in Georgia still remaining. If the republicans win in that Georgia runoff, then they will have the # need for Majority control. On the house side its sitting at 208 Republicans to 185 Democrats. Still 42 seats yet to be decided. Its looking like control in the house will end up with republicans in control, and possibly a new speaker of the house.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Current Senate seats are sitting at 48 Republican and 46 Democrat.

Technically you are correct, but 2 senators identify themselves as Independent and they generally vote with the Democrats. So they really have 48, not 46. I saw this varying information myself the other day and looked a little deeper. So its currently 48-48. Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada still TBD, with Georgia to be decided in the run off.

The Vice President also holds a vote in the Senate if there is a tie, and right now that is a Democratic vote.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Current Senate seats are sitting at 48 Republican and 46 Democrat. Still 4 states to be decided. It currently looking like Arizona is going to the Democrats and Nevada and Alaska is going to Republicans. 51 is needed for the Majority control. So if my math is correct it will be 50 Republican to 47 Democrat with the runoff in Georgia still remaining. If the republicans win in that Georgia runoff, then they will have the # need for Majority control. On the house side its sitting at 208 Republicans to 185 Democrats. Still 42 seats yet to be decided. Its looking like control in the house will end up with republicans in control, and possibly a new speaker of the house.

Senate Race is currently 49 GOP and 48 DEM (2 independants) with 3 races still tbd (GA – Runoff in December, AZ – DEM is up 5% with like 24% still outstanding, NV – GOP is up 2% with like 16% outstanding, most votes needing to be counted are ealry/mail in ballots which historically tilt a bit DEM.

DEM need to win 2 of those races to control the Senate (they get the VP tiebreaker vote), if GOP wins 2 they will control…

House is still undetermined but it looks like the GOP will win with a small margin, which will be an absolute nightmare for whomever is speaker as the Freedom Caucus crazies will have alot of voting leverage against their Speaker…

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

This morning I heard two that they spoke about was Legal Recreational Marijuana and Sports betting… 2 hot topics for me… crazy

Budget and surplus are at the top of the list for what they tackle at the next legislative session. I believe abortion may be higher priority as well. I’d ber very surprised if legal marijuana gets passed in the next session. Its going to take a lot of committees to get the bill structured correctly.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It’s all going to come down to the runoff in GA. Warnock won the vote but the Libertarian took over 2% of the vote putting them in the runoff in the first place. It’ll be interesting if the libertarians come out and vote and who they vote for. I’m sure abortion is a factor for them to vote blue but gun control may make them vote red.

I mean honestly, if Walker was the democrat in this race, I’d want him to lose. This guy is a living cartoon.

Reef W

d ber very surprised if legal marijuana gets passed in the next session. Its going to take a lot of committees to get the bill structured correctly.

HF600 the house passed in 2021 is pretty comprehensive. I think they’ll want to fix it relatively quickly because the weird untaxed and unregulated “legalization” they snuck through this year is a mess.

big_g
    Isle, MN

It’s all going to come down to the runoff in GA. Warnock won the vote but the Libertarian took over 2% of the vote putting them in the runoff in the first place. It’ll be interesting if the libertarians come out and vote and who they vote for. I’m sure abortion is a factor for them to vote blue but gun control may make them vote red.

I mean honestly, if Walker was the democrat in this race, I’d want him to lose. This guy is a living cartoon.

Speaking of cartoon characters…. your thoughts on this one ?

Attachments:
    1. FESTER.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Speaking of cartoon characters…. your thoughts on this one ?

Of all the races, that one confused me the most. I don’t want to say bad things about someone who’s had a medical issue, But I really doubt that he is medically competent to even serve. If anyone saw any of that debate, He could not even answer the most basic question. When he did answer the question he was all over the place in his response. But once again look at the areas he won. The only areas he won was Philadelphia, Pittsburg, and Allentown. The 3 largest cities in that state. So may people just vote parties rather than the candidate ( and right there is the problem )

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It would seem equity and wokism has gotten into politics. People now feel anyone should have the right to be a leader instead of appointing actual leaders. Its frightening.

buschman
    Pool 2

So your saying he will fit right in at the capitol building? There are a few that match this description.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Biggill wrote:</div>

So your saying he will fit right in at the capitol building? There are a few that match this description.

I can’t say I disagree with either Comment. With the way they all follow party lines these days, it really doesn’t matter who the person is, only if they have a D or R beside their name.

buschman
    Pool 2

only if they have a D or R beside their name.

One of them have both….

Attachments:
    1. haha.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Vote’ is closed to new replies.