Vote

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

While the other guy let a city burn, turned over a police precinct to the mob, and is still pursuing jail time and fines for anyone who disobeyed his unconstitutional executive powers, so it’s a pretty easy choice for me and I hope most moderate Minnesotans.

Yup. Very easy choice for me.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

It might only take 2 judges. The only reason why Jensen has backtracked on his position is because he saw how big of an issue it was for moderates and a lot of republicans. It’s one thing to flip flop on an issue over the course their career, it’s whole other issue to completely flip flop during a single campaign.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

It might only take 2 judges. The only reason why Jensen has backtracked on his position is because he saw how big of an issue it was for moderates and a lot of republicans. It’s one thing to flip flop on an issue over the course their career, it’s whole other issue to completely flip flop during a single campaign.

My family isn’t worried about the right to abort babies…we’re worried about feeding the ones we have and keeping them safe.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

You seem more worried about the issues than actual policies. Of course we’re going to ignore who was leading the country when cities were burning.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

The point of the thread was, regardless of party, know who you are voting for and why. Nobody here will or should ever influence a vote.

Tomorrow is your ONLY chance to have your voice heard.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

You mean last chance to vote. We’ve been able to vote for about 6 weeks.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

What’s the difference? And isn’t that listening to constituents? Kinda like how every Dem has flip flopped on the same issue, as well as immigration and any number of other issues. And Again if you’re a 1 issue voter, ok. But like James I’m far more concerned with safety, economy, education and corruption. All issues Walz has failed on tremendously.

Michael Best
    Participant

Republicans might not be the solution to our problems but democrats have caused our problems.

Me personally I tend to like less government. So a stalled out government is a win in my eyes.

rsee
    Participant

Gaining safety encourages corruption. Absolute power is absolute corruption. The more power, the more corruption.

It makes it easier for those who want power and control to take away freedoms all in the name of safety…a little at a time. All the while giving themselves more power and control. Fear-mongering. When did you stop being responsible for your own safety here on the ground and why?

Every time you gain a little “safety”, you lose freedom.

With every new law, you make a new class of people criminals. JMO for my experiences here on earth.

3Rivers
    Participant

Unfortunately for most it comes down to a popularity contest. “Hey my guy won, lets celebrate!”
    and then forget about it a couple of days later

There are businesses in MN that are literally closing solely because of employees safety concerns and also their customers not patronizing due to fear of attack or carjack. This lawlessness is spilling into the schools now. (

If that’s not the #1 issue here, then nothing is.

Angler II
    Participant

Seriously dude, find something better to do with your tiMe.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

With 13,873 Covid deaths to date in Minnesota, you would think our governor would be demanding that those responsible for the murder of his citizens, be held accountable. Instead, he bought a warehouse cooler for the bodies. flame

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

Number 65 in my precinct this morning. Person in front of me was wearing a mask, felt good to know I immediately offset their ballot. jester

Vote early, vote often, folks…

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Biggill wrote:</div>

Seriously dude, find something better to do with your tiMe.

???

Millions of people have been legally voting for weeks. I too voted as I’m not going to have time today to vote, nor did I want to stand in a line.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Not directed at anybody specifically but I find it interesting that people don’t have time to vote in person but they have time to complain about the results. I have to question how much thought actually goes into those absentee ballots. Voting in person doesn’t mean the voter is more well informed but it does indicate more interest in the process at least to me.

Anyway as the old saying goes, you do you and i’ll do me.

Enjoy the day and stay safe.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I would think absentee voting would potentially lead to a more educated vote since you could actually research some of the candidates as you are filling it out. I’ll admit there are some I know nothing about because I dont watch the news and I mute campaign commercials because they are all so dang annoying. What’s frustrating that many of these judges who have been turnstiling these criminals to repeat again will go uncontested.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

I would think absentee voting would potentially lead to a more educated vote since you could actually research some of the candidates as you are filling it out.

You can look online ahead of time to see who’s running for what in your districts and research the candidates before you vote in person. My district even has a sample ballot available to see online so you know what you’ll be voting on. I spent some time doing that yesterday and it was quite educational reading up on some of them. Some have a direct link to their website and some don’t, so you’ll have to google some of the less popular sections – like the various judges.

buschman
    Participant
    Pool 2

The point of the thread was, regardless of party, know who you are voting for and why. Nobody here will or should ever influence a vote.

I am surprised the question of when we will see results has not been brought up.

How many waterlines will burst, power grids will fail or some other BS to “pause” the results??? I listened to a few of the liberal networks last night and every one of them said to not expect results tonight. I guess it just takes too long to go through the mail-in or early ballots sleeping

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

So what’s your take, are the results legit or not? My assumption is most people’s answers will depend on who wins and not actual facts. That’s what recent history has shown.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

I am surprised the question of when we will see results has not been brought up.

How many waterlines will burst, power grids will fail or some other BS to “pause” the results??? I listened to a few of the liberal networks last night and every one of them said to not expect results tonight. I guess it just takes too long to go through the mail-in or early ballots sleeping

If it’s not fast enough, I encourage you to sign-up at your local precinct and volunteer your services. The people I’ve come across each time I have voted have been 100% polite, unbiased, volunteers. I am not sure what more you can ask of them? Some are legally handcuffed on when they can begin counting ballots which also factors into the turnaround. Many states also have mandatory run-offs or recounts if things are within certain margins. Is that really a bad thing?

My guess is there will be a pretty clear picture early about the MN Governor, most local races, and who will control the US House. I expect control of the Senate to NOT be known tonight as things are looking pretty close in a few key states.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

As someone who voted early, I’d argue that I probably spent more time thinking through my votes and researching candidates ahead of time than the average person who walks into their local precinct and is in a hurry to vote, get out and get home, etc. These are the people more likely to vote based on what they heard on the radio, who was standing there “poll watching”, and so on. Voting early also makes it easier for people who want to vote in person to do so in a timely manner.

I don’t understand why people get so butthurt about someone not waiting in a line for an hour to vote and doing it from their home on their own time? Follow the guidelines as a registered voter, sign and date everything correctly/legally, and I couldn’t give a sh** less whether you voted at your kitchen counter, the restroom, or the moon.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

You can look online ahead of time to see who’s running for what in your districts and research the candidates before you vote in person. My district even has a sample ballot available to see online so you know what you’ll be voting on. I spent some time doing that yesterday and it was quite educational reading up on some of them. Some have a direct link to their website and some don’t, so you’ll have to google some of the less popular sections – like the various judges.

I am going to do that over lunch today to make sure I fill in any gaps for the races I am not familiar with. Generally I only vote for Presidential elections, but this one is important enough with everything that has gone on to get out there and do it.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I don’t understand why people get so butthurt about someone not waiting in a line for an hour to vote and doing it from their home on their own time? Follow the guidelines as a registered voter, sign and date everything correctly/legally, and I couldn’t give a sh** less whether you voted at your kitchen counter, the restroom, or the moon.

I dont have a problem with absentee ballots, but some of the shenanigans that were pulled during the last election where people running for office were actually going door to door handing out ballots is not something that should be done. Provided everything is done on the up and up no issue.

Michael Best
    Participant

The one down side to an undecided voter or let’s say an independent voter that voted early.

They don’t get to see the debate that let’s say is a week or 2 weeks before Election Day.

Sone valuable information can come from a healthy debate of two candidates.

buschman
    Participant
    Pool 2

So what’s your take, are the results legit or not?

I would sure hope they are and never doubted them myself. However the process we watched in 2020 was embarrassing. Everyone knows what I am talking about with the election results being “paused” due to outside issues. Issues beyond counting ballots.

Bucky, we seem to have this figured out in Minnesota. Our local precinct is great and not the issue. My point is we seen the issues in 2020 and these should be corrected given we do not have covid restrictions and had 2 years to work out the bugs. So why promote that we will not have results for days? I am not going to fly out to Arizona, PA or GA to volunteer. I understand the run offs but we experience some very unique issues in the last election and seems like we are being told to expect this again….

CaptainMusky
    Participant

By them stating we will not have results for days it makes me very suspicious. There should be no issue getting this done in a timely manner. When did absentee ballots have to be in by? That is well before today right?

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

If you owe your next door neighbor (100 yards away) $1 ……..is it safer mailing it to him or delivering it by hand?

blank
    Participant

And people will be suspicious if the results are finalized right away too.

Umy
    Participant
    South Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Biggill wrote:</div>

What’s the difference? And isn’t that listening to constituents? Kinda like how every Dem has flip flopped on the same issue, as well as immigration and any number of other issues. And Again if you’re a 1 issue voter, ok. But like James I’m far more concerned with safety, economy, education and corruption. All issues Walz has failed on tremendously.

AMEN!!! x100
    I have read the bios of everyone we can vote for, talked with my wife and two boys. We are all going over after the oldest gets home from work at 2pm.

My wife’s company ( unnamed) used to give them the election day off to vote, now they get JUNETEENTH off?!?!

Walleye Hungry
    Participant

I would encourage everyone that is voting today to check their 401k, fill up their gas tank, buy their groceries, check the interest rates, pay ahead on their gas bill for the winter, etc. Think before your vote today

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Vote’ is closed to new replies.